FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Which third world country has made the most impact?

doublekk
Being a citizen of a third-world country myself, I'd really like to know what is others take on the people from this part of the world. Are the third world countries merely a topic of discussion or have any of them actually made any impact to the rest of the world?
wellerchap
I think you would have to say India has probably made the biggest impact - technology is now very important there, and the country is becoming (in some areas) very rich.
Now....if only they can share that wealth around for the good of ALL their people.....?
Nick2008
wellerchap wrote:
I think you would have to say India has probably made the biggest impact - technology is now very important there, and the country is becoming (in some areas) very rich.
Now....if only they can share that wealth around for the good of ALL their people.....?

I also agree with wellerchap, the very first country that popped into my mind was India. India has always been a very rich country in terms of its resources and industrial output, but the majority of its citizens do not have access to that wealth. As India's power and influence continues to grow, it will surely come into contention with China (it already has, to an extent). I can see a regional conflict between the two countries becoming the center of attention within the next 50 years...
codegeek
As a citizen of Nepal, which is located between India and China, I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, both these countries are developing very fast and it is bound to have an impact on Nepal as well. For example, there have been talks of connecting India and China with fiber optics technology through Nepal.

However, if there does happen any kind of regional conflict, Nepal will probably suffer greatly. Not to mention the impact that these countries have on Nepali politics even right now (especially India more than China). Moreover, there are border security issues and nationality issues. I hope things will be resolved soon, and with regional co-operation Nepal can rise in economy as well.
doublekk
codegeek wrote:
As a citizen of Nepal, which is located between India and China, I have very mixed feelings. On the one hand, both these countries are developing very fast and it is bound to have an impact on Nepal as well. For example, there have been talks of connecting India and China with fiber optics technology through Nepal.

However, if there does happen any kind of regional conflict, Nepal will probably suffer greatly. Not to mention the impact that these countries have on Nepali politics even right now (especially India more than China). Moreover, there are border security issues and nationality issues. I hope things will be resolved soon, and with regional co-operation Nepal can rise in economy as well.

Actually Nepal itself has all the resources and potential to become a major force (at least among the third world countries) even though it is smaller in area. With little help and co-operation from the two surrounding giants, it is not so difficult to manage the resources that are available here. But with the political situation here not taking any shape, and the presence of the government virtually non-existent, it has been easier for other countries to seek for their advantages only in their dealings with Nepal. It is a sad fact when you can actually feel Nepal could do so much better. Hope circumstances change soon enough.
nickfyoung
It is interesting that the Philippines coming out of the war was the country in Asia with the best prospects and economic growth. That was dashed by some poor government and presidents that ripped off the system and it now languishes towards the bottom of the Asian economic list of countries. However, it has only had independence since the war and so is not really very old. The present government and president seem to be on track and are claiming to be out of third world status by 2025 or so. It will be interesting to see how they go.
johans
nickfyoung wrote:
It is interesting that the Philippines coming out of the war was the country in Asia with the best prospects and economic growth. That was dashed by some poor government and presidents that ripped off the system and it now languishes towards the bottom of the Asian economic list of countries. However, it has only had independence since the war and so is not really very old. The present government and president seem to be on track and are claiming to be out of third world status by 2025 or so. It will be interesting to see how they go.

Its a great news for the Philippines. I agree the President is working well but with the new scandal or old practice at the senate donating money (Millions) to the senate members and no liquidation or receipt needed must be address as soon as possible to continue the Progress.

But i saw the economic is really grown with the Private infrastructure and high rise building is around area is a sign of new progress..
dude_xyx
It has to be China. They have been making impact on everything from Politics to economy. Probably China will become the big boss of the world in couple of years. Indian is just behind China and they are the runners up in this race. xD
doublekk
Is China really a third world country? For one thing, its really much more developed in many aspects compared to other south Asian countries..
dude_xyx
doublekk wrote:
Is China really a third world country? For one thing, its really much more developed in many aspects compared to other south Asian countries..

They are still a third world country. Only because they are population is way too big to handle. In some provinces there are still people who has never heard of computers. It's a huge country with biggest population in the world. Providing welfare services must be a nightmare.