FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Boeing-787 Dream liner planes grounded

zaxacongrejo
It seems Boeing is not in his best days, lately there were news about minor problems at the 787 airplanes , broken windows at the cockpit ,strange smokes ,noises, and smells , brake problems and an electrical fire, etc the list can go one and one.
Today in Japan another airplaine as been forced to ground doe to the same strange smells and electrical fires it seems a problem concerned to batteries.
FAA already alerted globally that’s all 787 must be grounded and checked
Do you feel secure when you fly?
Why only now after dozens of reports about strange smells and fires at the cockpits are the airplaines been grounded for checking?
Inst this too much for a airplaine that is brand new?
The 787 only come up at 2007 and they start fly at 2011 and since then let’s say in the last 2 years they become famous for their “malfunctions” cloud it be that Boeing is assembling Chinese’s made parts in his latest’s airplaines?
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
It seems Boeing is not in his best days, lately there were news about minor problems at the 787 plains , broken windows at the cockpit ,strange smokes ,noises, and smells , brake problems and an electrical fire, etc the list can go one and one.
Today in Japan another plain as been forced to ground doe to the same strange smells and electrical fires it seems a problem concerned to batteries.
FAA already alerted globally that’s all 787 must be grounded and checked
Do you feel secure when you fly?
I do. Japan averted a problem by forcing the plane to land. And the FAA has alerted all airlines to ground and check 787 airplanes.
spinout
this is scary... Engineering is one thing - flying too often with an aircraft leads to fatigue of the material. and the fleets are used to heavily today in most companies... Bad idea.
RosenCruz
Boeing is huge. Production of an aircraft is one of the biggest engineering projects.

Hopefully this matter gets resolved. Or it will have big effects on world aviation
ocalhoun
spinout wrote:
flying too often with an aircraft leads to fatigue of the material.

But the 787's are very new aircraft.

Most other aircraft in the sky are much older. -- Decades in many cases.
nickfyoung
Qantas Air in Australia is recognized as one of the safest airlines in the world but they have a series of near misses over the last couple of years. They were all to do with aircraft malfunction and parts just breaking down. Maybe the aircraft manufacturers are getting sloppy or maybe it is that the planes are getting larger and faster placing greater stress on machinery. Either way it is a bit of a worry flying in a modern aircraft these days.
standready
zaxacongrejo wrote:
minor problems at the 787 planes

First thing, all new airplanes (as with most anything 'new') has issues. Second, Boeing's 787 has the largest global outsource ever. Continually checking/testing parts from outside vendors is a huge task. In house quality control is much easier to maintain.
What I don't understand is the choice of lithium ion batteries which have been proven to cascade heat fail. Cooling them better MUST be addressed.
Safe to fly? Sure, but I don't think I would do a trans-ocean flight just yet.