FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

JpegLoad - Free Image Hosting (BETA)

RosenCruz
I ve been testing out JpegLoad on a production environment for a while.

Perhaps it is time to let it share with Frihost community.

A free image hosting service. It is partially localised for Turkish people, but I believe can be used by anyone without any issues.

Let me know your ideas. I can also use a logo if someone is volunteer Smile

http://www.jpegload.com
zimmer
RosenCruz wrote:

A free image hosting service. It is partially localised for Turkish people, but I believe can be used by anyone without any issues.

can give more details on this? what is the purpose on this jpegload.com?
RosenCruz
As I said, it is an image hosting service just like imageshack or imgur. You can give it a try. Wink
drunkenkoz
What makes your image hosting service different from the rest. Why should I use yours over imgur, photobucket, or imageshack?
RosenCruz
drunkenkoz wrote:
What makes your image hosting service different from the rest. Why should I use yours over imgur, photobucket, or imageshack?

Well, this is a simple service you can use when you quickly need to upload and host an image. We do not offer account management where you can organize and manage all your hosted images in one account/dashboard. This is the kind of service you wanna use to upload a little image, not necessary to save on your account on imgur / imageshack.

This is not suitable for saving your wallpapers, HD images and valuable photos. Just a simple service to host little images for a low traffic blog, forum or/and avatar/signatures Wink
cybersa
RosenCruz wrote:

MY Personnel Opinion:
Your logo looks nice.
But it can't able to fit into your website.
So Try to edit the background of your website.

Why can't you try to release it on all language?
If it is,then it would be nice.
drunkenkoz
RosenCruz wrote:
drunkenkoz wrote:

Well, this is a simple service you can use when you quickly need to upload and host an image. We do not offer account management where you can organize and manage all your hosted images in one account/dashboard. This is the kind of service you wanna use to upload a little image, not necessary to save on your account on imgur / imageshack.

This is not suitable for saving your wallpapers, HD images and valuable photos. Just a simple service to host little images for a low traffic blog, forum or/and avatar/signatures Wink

From what you've said there is no point in using your website. I can upload high quality images to imgur without the need of registering. I can register for photobucket and have my own personal album of images, which is what most people want, and imageshack works just like both of them. I really don't see a need to use your image sharing website.
RosenCruz
Quote:

MY Personnel Opinion:
Your logo looks nice.
But it can't able to fit into your website.
So Try to edit the background of your website.

Why can't you try to release it on all language?
If it is,then it would be nice.

Thanks. Spanish and English version will follow up, as soon as I have some time. I m currently overhauled with the ph.D courses and barely have time to surf the web or do anything Wink

Same thing goes for the logo and overall design. I will try to implement a better outlook as soon as I can. Currently, more than 5000 images hosted with a daily bandwidth of 3 GB. I just want to keep the server stable and all images hosted. Focusing on reliability.

Quote:
From what you've said there is no point in using your website. I can upload high quality images to imgur without the need of registering. I can register for photobucket and have my own personal album of images, which is what most people want, and imageshack works just like both of them. I really don't see a need to use your image sharing website.

Well, all I can do is to respect your decision. Wink
RosenCruz
Hey guys

Limbless_One just sent me 2 logo recommendations. They are his own work. I want to know what you guys think about these designs

RosenCruz
I m moving JpegLoad to another server of mine. Hopefully it will be done smoothly Wink
Peterssidan
How long will the images stay hosted?

I think if you have a fading colour at the top you should have logo with transparent background so that you don't get an ugly white box around your logo.
RosenCruz
Peterssidan wrote:
How long will the images stay hosted?

I think if you have a fading colour at the top you should have logo with transparent background so that you don't get an ugly white box around your logo.

Thanks for recommendations Peterssidan.

Currently there are no limits for hosted images as a time criteria. But I m planning to add a 90 day inactivity check to the core script, in a possible future.

Looks like site is back working up on the new server. Let me know if you have any other comments.