FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The world is awesome

Vanilla
So I was browsing tumblr and then I saw this video.

The reason why I'm sharing this here is because this video made my day and made me think. The world is indeed awesome. There's so much to see, so much to discover, so much to learn... And Frihost is kind of a world too, filled with people from different places.

So I'm saying... The world is awesome. And I love my research and my cows. I love how I'm learning about myself when I'm studying them.

What do you love about the world? Very Happy
deanhills
I love Evil Daddy .... so much looking forward to seeing him again!

codegeek
I love everything about the world. Moreover, it's a great time to be alive because of all the technology. Innovations going on even as we speak. I think the next 50 years will be awesome!
nickfyoung
There is certainly some interesting places to see in this world. There are some places that are too risky to see also because of the political unrest or wars going on. Some people love to travel the world and see the sights. They don't interest me so much as I reckon when you have seen one 'sight' you have seen them all. There are probably just as many sights to see in our own country, do we have a tourism industry, as there are anywhere else. I suppose tourism is an important industry for many places but it turns me off. Sitting on a tour bus with all those other funny people oohing and aahing at all the sights is not my idea of fun.
deanhills
nickfyoung wrote:
Sitting on a tour bus with all those other funny people oohing and aahing at all the sights is not my idea of fun.
I love mingling with local people. So you would rarely find me on a bus, although if I were to stay only one day in a city, a tour is a good way to cover most of the city highlights in a couple of hours or more. I did that when I was in Quito, Ecuador, when I had only one full day for touring the city. I did not know any Spanish, so a local tour guide was a good way to cover the city. His presentation was mostly in Spanish, with a scattering of English, but I was happy, it worked out the way I wanted it to work out.

I remember a number of years ago a really brilliant tour in New Orleans, when the tour guide was a Cajun lady. She was enormously entertaining, and brought the real flavour of New Orleans to us through her personality and very rich and colourful background stories, some that had us laughing most of the time. That was one of my perfect moments during my travels in the US. So yes, I'd say I love traveling. And I loved seeing New Orleans through her eyes.

Here's a little flavour of New Orleans - a funeral New Orleans style:
Vanilla
Someday I will see this place with my own eyes. It's called El Salar de Uyuni and I'm mesmerized by it since I lived in Bolivia. Tis definitely one of the places that makes me think about how awesome the world is.

deanhills wrote:
I remember a number of years ago a really brilliant tour in New Orleans, when the tour guide was a Cajun lady. She was enormously entertaining, and brought the real flavour of New Orleans to us through her personality and very rich and colourful background stories, some that had us laughing most of the time. That was one of my perfect moments during my travels in the US. So yes, I'd say I love traveling. And I loved seeing New Orleans through her eyes.

I will visit New Orleans someday. I've watched enough movies to make me love this city (INterview with the vampire, Double Jeopardy, Disney's The Princess and the Frog). Very Happy
deanhills
That photo is a real winner Vanilla. WOW! It's really high above sea level too. I'd love to visit it - guess I have to put Bolivia on my list of places to see as well. Cool