FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New poster star enhancement

chasbeen
What I am suggesting is that a programmer grabs each posters subjects and calculates the average number of replies a poster gets for his topics,
This could be translated into stars next to the posters picture image.
So If a poster gets (For example) more than 30 replies for a topic it's a 5 star topic.

However that poster might have 50 other topics and for all 51 the poster averages (Let's say for example) 3 stars only?

This needs a clever bit of database querying and programming to put everybodies star score under the total post number under their image,

What do you think?
RosenCruz
chasbeen wrote:
What I am suggesting is that a programmer grabs each posters subjects and calculates the average number of replies a poster gets for his topics,
This could be translated into stars next to the posters picture image.
So If a poster gets (For example) more than 30 replies for a topic it's a 5 star topic.

However that poster might have 50 other topics and for all 51 the poster averages (Let's say for example) 3 stars only?

This needs a clever bit of database querying and programming to put everybodies star score under the total post number under their image,

What do you think?

Good idea. But I believe that will require too much coding into phpbb2 and hard to achieve Crying or Very sad
chasbeen
Ok I'm thinking about the datamodel
Maybe I have a simplistic view of things

The user selects a topic and opens it
The number of points each user has shows up under their picture
The calculation for this is derived from the user record for which there is a running total kept for all previous posts which is also decremented every 24 hours by a batch process

Coudn't a simple batch process calculate a users star value every 24 hours ?