FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


dishonest world





manfer
I can't reallly see anything else nowadays that an dishonest world.

Our world today is just only ruled by money. It is sad but it is what it has been turned into.

And the problem with this shit situation is that almost everyone in the world is forced into doing his job to earn money for him and for his employer at any cost. And not only that, in this shit econocmic growth system they have to earn more money each month if they want to keep their works.

The problem with this is more and more and more and more people on being forced to keep their works are contributing to those dishonest business and they even defend their companies not even realizing how dishonest is what they are doing. Don't try to show these people how dishonest is the job they are doing they will try to justify their business anyway.

Actual business model is evil and it won't change until we stop it.

Capitalism (the privileged people of such a system) had done his best on making comunist look the worst ever posible system and while it is obvious comunist had not worked -mostly because of corruption, something that in capitalism is huge nowadays too anyway- it is obvious too capitalism has a lot of problems -again because corruption-

So the real problem of any system is corruption of power and that should be the problem avoided. In my opinion what should be done is easy. Anyone that would like to have any kind of power should bear with consequences. It is not the same for a person being in charge of his own and doing things wrong than a person in charge of thousands. These people in charge of thousands earn huge money for that and they should be responsible too of their acts. So if any of these people make his work incorrectly affecting thousands of people should pay for their acts -as I don't bear with death penalty that would be years of jail including posibly jail for life- And yes even if they had not done it on purpose or concious. In my opinion politics should be a risky business so only people with real vocation to serve others join that career.

That should be in my opinion the correct payment for these people that want to be in charge of so many other people lives and many times do an awful work. Many times even criminal work that has really ridiculous penalties.

They earn a lot of money, huge amount of money for being in politics, and we don't want dishonest people with such a power. So we should have huge penalties for these people on those charges. On the contrary what these dishonest politicians -as well as huge companies owners, etc...- have done is make it very difficult, and make them almost invulnerable to law. It is mad but it is reality.

While we can't call them anything else than white collar thieves they continue being in charge of the world.
deanhills
Totally agreed Manfer. The world is exactly like that, but then for me self-interest has always been prominent with all human beings from the beginning of time. Probably a sign of survival of the fittest, particularly when there is competition for the resources?
standready
Greed is everywhere. Businesses, employers and even so-called 'friends'. Most are out for what they get no matter who they take it from. Just Sad
darthrevan
Yep this world has become really corrupt. From the politics to us(the citizens) it is every where . Of course as time goes by, the worse it will get I bet :s
Afaceinthematrix
manfer wrote:
Our world today is just only ruled by money. It is sad but it is what it has been turned into.


You must think too highly of the past. The world hasn't turned into a dishonest world - as you mentioned; the world has ALWAYS been a dishonest place. Tell me one civilization that has existed without dishonesty.

Quote:
And the problem with this shit situation is that almost everyone in the world is forced into doing his job to earn money for him and for his employer at any cost. And not only that, in this shit econocmic growth system they have to earn more money each month if they want to keep their works.


Well, yeah. Almost everyone should work (or be obtaining an education) under any type of system for that system to work. Even if you have the most idealistic form of communism, it will collapse if people are producing the goods and services that the society needs. We cannot eliminate money because people would not work. However, let's say that we had some ideal civilization where we were able to function off of trading actual goods and services. People would still have to work the difference is that the mechanic would have to agree to fix the farmer's tractor in exchange for food. We have found that it's easier to assign a value to the work ahead of time so that you can cash in that value for an equal good or service later. Ergo, we have money. It may not be ideal but I don't see a better system and, unfortunately, no one else has.

Quote:
Actual business model is evil and it won't change until we stop it.


I disagree; plenty of business models are honest and not evil. My goal is to, within a year, live in a place with awesome public transportation so that I can get rid of my polluting vehicle and not need it. However, right now I own a car. When my car breaks down, I usually fix it myself. However, a few weeks ago it broke down and I didn't have time to fix it myself and so I took it to a mechanic who has done work for me in the past and has always done a great job. My car needed about $60 worth of parts and he only charged me $190 for the repair. Therefore, he only charged me about $130 for labor. He worked on the car for four hours which means that he averaged about $32.50/hr. However, he owns this shop and has rent, insurance, electricity, other overhead, etc. He probably only made $20 an hour. I should also note that I live in Southern California where living expenses are high and you can work at McDonald's for $8+/hr. A certified master mechanic - as this guy is - only making $20/hr is hardly dishonest or corrupt. I should also mention that he has never tried to up-sell me or trick me into buying anything that I don't need.
nickfyoung
I believe that it is not only the business world that is corrupt but the legal system including the court system. One doesn't realize this until one has been ripped of by the legal system and the court system. The problem with the corruption is the pretense that it isn't happening. They try and keep it under wraps and believe that no one suspects. That's why I like a system like they have in the Philippines. Corruption is rife but it is up front and open. You just go along with the system and pay the necessary bribes to get what you want. You know what you are up for before you start and your family usually knows some one in the relevant department so you get preferential treatment.
deanhills
Today when I was in Dubai Mall, one of the biggest shopping malls in the world, could not help but think how wasteful our lives have become. Just imagine all of the clothes (most of them rags - cheaply produced and expensively retailed) that in the first place may not be sold, then discarded in some or other way, or if purchased, likely not worn, and also discarded. Do any of us really need so many clothes? The enormous food court with food retailers. Absolute junk food, dished up in junk containers, and not that healthy at all. Sugar laden hot drinks and soft drinks, again in waste-generating cups. Thousands of employees, very cheaply hired from countries all over the world most likely in temporary disposable jobs. Layers of waste on waste, and so guess fits in quite well with what Manfer said about a world run by money, and serving money resulting in plenty of waste.
loveandormoney
manfer wrote:
I can't reallly see anything else nowadays that an unhonest world.

Our world today is just only ruled by money. It is sad but it is what it has been turned into.

And the problem with this shit situation is that almost everyone in the world is forced into doing his job to earn money for him and for his employer at any cost. And not only that, in this shit econocmic growth system they have to earn more money each month if they want to keep their works.

The problem with this is more and more and more and more people on being forced to keep their works are contributing to those unhonest business and they even defend their companies not even realizing how unhonest is what they are doing. Don't try to show these people how unhonest is the job they are doing they will try to justify their business anyway.

Actual business model is evil and it won't change until we stop it.

Capitalism (the privileged people of such a system) had done his best on making comunist look the worst ever posible system and while it is obvious comunist had not worked -mostly because of corruption, something that in capitalism is huge nowadays too anyway- it is obvious too capitalism has a lot of problems -again because corruption-

So the real problem of any system is corruption of power and that should be the problem avoided. In my opinion what should be done is easy. Anyone that would like to have any kind of power should bear with consequences. It is not the same for a person being in charge of his own and doing things wrong than a person in charge of thousands. These people in charge of thousands earn huge money for that and they should be responsible too of their acts. So if any of these people make his work incorrectly affecting thousands of people should pay for their acts -as I don't bear with death penalty that would be years of jail including posibly jail for life- And yes even if they had not done it on purpose or concious. In my opinion politics should be a risky business so only people with real vocation to serve others join that career.

That should be in my opinion the correct payment for these people that want to be in charge of so many other people lives and many times do an awful work. Many times even criminal work that has really ridiculous penalties.

They earn a lot of money, huge amount of money for being in politics, and we don't want unhonest people with such a power. So we should have huge penalties for these people on those charges. On the contrary what these unhonest politicians -as well as huge companies owners, etc...- have done is make it very difficult, and make them almost invulnerable to law. It is mad but it is reality.

While we can't call them anything else than white collar thieves they continue being in charge of the world.






Quote:
I can't reallly see anything else nowadays that an unhonest world


Where are the bad people?
Are the users of this forum the bad people?
Are all users of the www the unhonest people?



Why are You only interested in money?
Who do You not love people instead of looking for money and gold?

Do You prefer to live in China or Cuba?


Try to spend this sunday joking with Your friends and forget the money and gold for one day or more.
manfer
loveandormoney wrote:

Where are the bad people?

If you don't see it maybe you are still blessed by innocence. If you are on such a situation good for you.

I always liked that scene and how much truth is in the sentence Cypher says to MrSmith: "ignorance is bliss"

loveandormoney wrote:

Are the users of this forum the bad people?
Are all users of the www the unhonest people?

I don't know anyone in here so I can't judge their honesty.

loveandormoney wrote:

Why are You only interested in money?
Who do You not love people instead of looking for money and gold?

This judgement you make is far from reality.

loveandormoney wrote:

Do You prefer to live in China or Cuba?

Neither. I like my place.

loveandormoney wrote:

Try to spend this sunday joking with Your friends and forget the money and gold for one day or more.

This statement is only a consequence of your bad judgement.
manfer
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

... the world has ALWAYS been a dishonest place. Tell me one civilization that has existed without dishonesty.

I agree it is not only something that happens nowadays. In fact things were worst in lots of past civilizations for people in general except a privileged minority. But we shouldn't take the past as a justification. One expects to evolve to something better and not to be stalled on same.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It may not be ideal but I don't see a better system and, unfortunately, no one else has.

If nothing is tried will never be. If the people with power do all what is in their hands to destroy any other systems making their best to make them look as evil, will never be a chance to see if there is some alternative. Besides I'm not againts any system in particular. I'm against corruption and injustice.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
...However, a few weeks ago it broke down and I didn't have time to fix it myself and so I took it to a mechanic who has done work for me in the past and has always done a great job. ...

Obviously you can bring a lot of examples of honesty. I'm talking about the system as a whole, the actual market as a whole, the global system we have, the economy of growth, a system based on a fierce competition that only brings out the worst in people.
codegeek
In my view, the world has always been dishonest. Humans have always been a selfish lot.

It is a good thing actually because it is the very selfish nature of humans that drives civilization forward. The trick is finding a balance between the application of this selfishness and the welfare of the society, not that they are always separate. One can be selfish while also bringing benefits to the society.

Dishonesty is just a negative manifestation of this innate selfishness. Although it is controlled to some extent by the law and order imposed by society, it can never really be completely eradicated.
nickfyoung
My wife has a small retail store and it has surprised her how many people steal stuff. She has to watch them all the time. It is almost as if the feel it a right to help them selves. They seem to think that if you own a business you are in the 'upper' class and are fair game. Where does that mentality come from. You see it in much of the union movement too. Screw the company for all you can because they can afford it. The union movement here has now priced itself out of work. They have had so many wage increases and work benefits companies can no longer afford to employ them and we are seeing a gradual shift off shore of many companies. You can see it in the Philippines if you are from overseas. It is automatically assumed that you are well off just because you are from overseas and so you need to hand over as much cash as they can squeeze out of you. I am trying to buy some land there and can't afford any payments at the moment because things are tight. I explained that we are currently living below the poverty level here and so we can't afford to go out to coffee, lunch, meals out, movies etc. So they replied, 'that's OK, I understand. Just send regular small amounts of P5000 or P10000.' That is $125 and $250 in my money which I don't have but no amount of explaining can make them understand.
loveandormoney
manfer wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

Where are the bad people?

If you don't see it maybe you are still blessed by innocence. If you are on such a situation good for you.

I always liked that scene and how much truth is in the sentence Cypher says to MrSmith: "ignorance is bliss"

loveandormoney wrote:

Are the users of this forum the bad people?
Are all users of the www the unhonest people?

I don't know anyone in here so I can't judge their honesty.

loveandormoney wrote:

Why are You only interested in money?
Who do You not love people instead of looking for money and gold?

This judgement you make is far from reality.

loveandormoney wrote:

Do You prefer to live in China or Cuba?

Neither. I like my place.

loveandormoney wrote:

Try to spend this sunday joking with Your friends and forget the money and gold for one day or more.

This statement is only a consequence of your bad judgement.


"I don't know anyone in here so I can't judge their honesty."
How do You judge honesty?
If You give them money and they dont give You money back?

"This judgement you make is far from reality."
So You tell me, love and money is the same, isnt it?


"This statement is only a consequence of your bad judgement."
I can understand now.
How can women live in the world, where men say: Money=Love.

Regards

I wish You all a lot of money for having a pleasent day.
manfer
loveandormoney wrote:

"I don't know anyone in here so I can't judge their honesty."
How do You judge honesty?
If You give them money and they dont give You money back?

"This judgement you make is far from reality."
So You tell me, love and money is the same, isnt it?

I will suggest you not to put words in the mouths of others. As well I suggest you ever try to become a psycologist because you are not good analyzing people.

loveandormoney wrote:

"This statement is only a consequence of your bad judgement."
I can understand now.
How can women live in the world, where men say: Money=Love.

Regards

I wish You all a lot of money for having a pleasent day.


Again you are so confuse on your judgements. You understand nothing.
loveandormoney
manfer wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:

... the world has ALWAYS been a dishonest place. Tell me one civilization that has existed without dishonesty.

I agree it is not only something that happens nowadays. In fact things were worst in lots of past civilizations for people in general except a privileged minority. But we shouldn't take the past as a justification. One expects to evolve to something better and not to be stalled on same.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
It may not be ideal but I don't see a better system and, unfortunately, no one else has.

If nothing is tried will never be. If the people with power do all what is in their hands to destroy any other systems making their best to make them look as evil, will never be a chance to see if there is some alternative. Besides I'm not againts any system in particular. I'm against corruption and injustice.

Afaceinthematrix wrote:
...However, a few weeks ago it broke down and I didn't have time to fix it myself and so I took it to a mechanic who has done work for me in the past and has always done a great job. ...

Obviously you can bring a lot of examples of honesty. I'm talking about the system as a whole, the actual market as a whole, the global system we have, the economy of growth, a system based on a fierce competition that only brings out the worst in people.


Good morning.
Thank You for Your post.
For 2,000 years relationships are the same. If You read Seneca or Tacitus, then You can see, the problems are the same.
Also the most western countries use the Roman law.
The people are interested in money and their house and they not interested in love or only a little bit.
Most people older then 40 years do not meet their friends during the weekend or spend holidays with them together.
Only a few did and do.

But it is Your decision to live like the society.


Corruption in relationships is a big problem. You can see it during the education very well with "sugar" for the children.


Regards
Afaceinthematrix
nickfyoung wrote:
My wife has a small retail store and it has surprised her how many people steal stuff. She has to watch them all the time. It is almost as if the feel it a right to help them selves.


What does she do to prevent theft? I have many, many years of retail experience (throughout high school and college) and have worked with loss prevention and am quite good at both catching shoplifters and preventing shoplifters. I would be more than happy to give you some pointers that you can tell to your wife to maybe help her prevent shrinkage.

First, does she have security cameras installed? They are expensive to buy but I guarantee that they will pay for themselves within a few months. They act as a major deterrent to potential shoplifters - especially if you display signs saying that you're filming them. If she cannot afford cameras, then you can get relatively cheap fake cameras. Shoplifters won't know that they are fake and they are less likely to steal because of the possibility of the cameras being real. If she cannot even afford the fake cameras, just put up signs saying that there are security cameras in the store even though there aren't. People don't want to risk the possibility of there being hidden cameras.

The next thing that she needs to do is find out which merchandise is being stolen the most. Once you find out what the high loss areas are, place those items right near the cash register so that she always has an eye on the things that tend to just "walk away." Similarly, if she has high aisles of merchandise then make sure that those high aisles are against the wall and that everything in the center of the store is low so that you always have a view of the entire store and potential shoplifters.

Another thing she needs to do is closely watch and/or follow shady customers (people that come in with backpacks, big jackets during the summer, etc.).

There are many other things that she can do but those are an important start. If she needs any other ideas, PM me.
nickfyoung
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
My wife has a small retail store and it has surprised her how many people steal stuff. She has to watch them all the time. It is almost as if the feel it a right to help them selves.


What does she do to prevent theft? I have many, many years of retail experience (throughout high school and college) and have worked with loss prevention and am quite good at both catching shoplifters and preventing shoplifters. I would be more than happy to give you some pointers that you can tell to your wife to maybe help her prevent shrinkage.

First, does she have security cameras installed? They are expensive to buy but I guarantee that they will pay for themselves within a few months. They act as a major deterrent to potential shoplifters - especially if you display signs saying that you're filming them. If she cannot afford cameras, then you can get relatively cheap fake cameras. Shoplifters won't know that they are fake and they are less likely to steal because of the possibility of the cameras being real. If she cannot even afford the fake cameras, just put up signs saying that there are security cameras in the store even though there aren't. People don't want to risk the possibility of there being hidden cameras.

The next thing that she needs to do is find out which merchandise is being stolen the most. Once you find out what the high loss areas are, place those items right near the cash register so that she always has an eye on the things that tend to just "walk away." Similarly, if she has high aisles of merchandise then make sure that those high aisles are against the wall and that everything in the center of the store is low so that you always have a view of the entire store and potential shoplifters.

Another thing she needs to do is closely watch and/or follow shady customers (people that come in with backpacks, big jackets during the summer, etc.).

There are many other things that she can do but those are an important start. If she needs any other ideas, PM me.



Quote:
Thank you for those tips. I will pass them on.
loveandormoney
nickfyoung wrote:
My wife has a small retail store and it has surprised her how many people steal stuff. She has to watch them all the time. It is almost as if the feel it a right to help them selves. They seem to think that if you own a business you are in the 'upper' class and are fair game. Where does that mentality come from. You see it in much of the union movement too. Screw the company for all you can because they can afford it. The union movement here has now priced itself out of work. They have had so many wage increases and work benefits companies can no longer afford to employ them and we are seeing a gradual shift off shore of many companies. You can see it in the Philippines if you are from overseas. It is automatically assumed that you are well off just because you are from overseas and so you need to hand over as much cash as they can squeeze out of you. I am trying to buy some land there and can't afford any payments at the moment because things are tight. I explained that we are currently living below the poverty level here and so we can't afford to go out to coffee, lunch, meals out, movies etc. So they replied, 'that's OK, I understand. Just send regular small amounts of P5000 or P10000.' That is $125 and $250 in my money which I don't have but no amount of explaining can make them understand.




You can see by survey,
a third of the population of Western Europe are stealing.
They prefer to steal in supermarkets and do not like so much to steal in small stores.
Because they say it is more fair to steal from rich people.
nickfyoung
loveandormoney wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
My wife has a small retail store and it has surprised her how many people steal stuff. She has to watch them all the time. It is almost as if the feel it a right to help them selves. They seem to think that if you own a business you are in the 'upper' class and are fair game. Where does that mentality come from. You see it in much of the union movement too. Screw the company for all you can because they can afford it. The union movement here has now priced itself out of work. They have had so many wage increases and work benefits companies can no longer afford to employ them and we are seeing a gradual shift off shore of many companies. You can see it in the Philippines if you are from overseas. It is automatically assumed that you are well off just because you are from overseas and so you need to hand over as much cash as they can squeeze out of you. I am trying to buy some land there and can't afford any payments at the moment because things are tight. I explained that we are currently living below the poverty level here and so we can't afford to go out to coffee, lunch, meals out, movies etc. So they replied, 'that's OK, I understand. Just send regular small amounts of P5000 or P10000.' That is $125 and $250 in my money which I don't have but no amount of explaining can make them understand.




You can see by survey,
a third of the population of Western Europe are stealing.
They prefer to steal in supermarkets and do not like so much to steal in small stores.
Because they say it is more fair to steal from rich people.




Reminds me of the old Grandpa who went to the store with his grand children to do some shopping. When they got home he was complaining about the price of stuff now days. "In my day" he said, " you could go to the store with $1 and come home with bread, milk, potatoes and some candy. You can't do it now. Too many damn security cameras.'
loveandormoney
I can add another grandfather-joke:
Family
Father Mother Grandfather Grandmother and 6 children went to church on Sunday.
After church the grandfather: "The preaching was boring, the singing was bad, the chorus only had 20 members,
it was cold in the church, and the praying was boring."
Answered the youngest child:"I think, the 5 cent You gave for charity gave a wonderful program for one hour."
deanhills
nickfyoung wrote:
Reminds me of the old Grandpa who went to the store with his grand children to do some shopping. When they got home he was complaining about the price of stuff now days. "In my day" he said, " you could go to the store with $1 and come home with bread, milk, potatoes and some candy. You can't do it now. Too many damn security cameras.'
A good one. Wish my dad were still around. I'd have loved to tell him this one. Laughing
jajarvin
manfer wrote:
Our world today is just only ruled by money. It is sad but it is what it has been turned into.


There's nothing new under the sun. Money has played a big role in all that time that humanity has lived.
manfer
jajarvin wrote:
manfer wrote:
Our world today is just only ruled by money. It is sad but it is what it has been turned into.


There's nothing new under the sun. Money has played a big role in all that time that humanity has lived.


If we take into acount human race is 200.000 years old and that money started to be used around 5000 BC -7000 years ago- (considering the first use of metals as money, not still real coins), you should realize how inaccurate is your statement.

If we consider money starting with the first minting of coinage then that would be arround 4500 years ago, so even more recent event.

If we talk about modern usurers (that now prefer to be called bankers) is something that is considered to be started in 14th century.

If we talk about the stock exchanges I think most scholars consider it started in 17th century.

And the fierce market in stock exchanges in which we live today even more recent.
loveandormoney
jajarvin wrote:
manfer wrote:
Our world today is just only ruled by money. It is sad but it is what it has been turned into.


There's nothing new under the sun. Money has played a big role in all that time that humanity has lived.


If You read a book from Seneca or Tacitus:
same problems like today.
manfer
loveandormoney wrote:

If You read a book from Seneca or Tacitus:
same problems like today.


On Seneca's times they had the same sanitation problem than today so they builded latrines and they even invented the cloaca.

Nowadays we have same sanitation problem but we have modern toilets instead of latrines and we have a modern sewer system with water purifiers included instead of a cloaca.

We shouldn't take the past as example to say it was same (not true anyway, can be similar not same) so why bother trying to change anything.
loveandormoney
manfer wrote:
loveandormoney wrote:

If You read a book from Seneca or Tacitus:
same problems like today.


On Seneca's times they had the same sanitation problem than today so they builded latrines and they even invented the cloaca.

Nowadays we have same sanitation problem but we have modern toilets instead of latrines and we have a modern sewer system with water purifiers included instead of a cloaca.

We shouldn't take the past as example to say it was same (not true anyway, can be similar not same) so why bother trying to change anything.


It is very funny how You describe problems in relationships.
Thank You.
raaeft1
Yes, it is a dishonest world. People and organizations don't honour their promises or assurances so far as money is concerned. Many organizations even cheat the employees by not paying their dues.
Won't it be better for the organizations to part company from employees so that they could eke out there living elsewhere.?
Pande
What the world really needs is a 1-child policy for the immediate future, spanning at least the next 100 years. And I mean every country needs this.
deanhills
Pande wrote:
What the world really needs is a 1-child policy for the immediate future, spanning at least the next 100 years. And I mean every country needs this.
I'd vote for that Pande. Also that all prospective parents be interviewed first as to their suitability for having children. Either that or massive coaching. We have plenty of formal and informal coaching for our professions, but very little for taking care of children.
nickfyoung
deanhills wrote:
Pande wrote:
What the world really needs is a 1-child policy for the immediate future, spanning at least the next 100 years. And I mean every country needs this.
I'd vote for that Pande. Also that all prospective parents be interviewed first as to their suitability for having children. Either that or massive coaching. We have plenty of formal and informal coaching for our professions, but very little for taking care of children.



That is so true. Parenting is becoming a dieing art. So many parents today don't have a clue what they are doing and so many more don't care. Parenting should be a huge responsibility. You are shaping and molding a human life who will go on and take an active part in the world based on the input you as a parent have had. When kids are just dragged up with slack social behavior models as parents it reflects directly on them as adults. Then they in turn produce children that they attempt to parent with their flawed social skills and so on as each generation seems to get worse and worse. Where are we heading.
BigGeek
OK years ago I read an article where the individual involved was giving a speech to government officials. The speech was about the corruption, wars, money, and people that were destroying the world with their greed and arrogance, and spoke about how mercantilism or capitalism and the associated corruption in government was destroying the society and foundation of human existence by inflicting undue hardship on the majority of the population while preserving luxury and affluence for the limited wealthy few. It was quite a long article, and in reading it I would have expected that it was someone like Martin Luther King Jr. or possibly someone like Ralph Nader speaking to the US Congress or Senate, at the end of the article it lets you know that it was Plato speaking to the Greek Senate.

So my point is that corruption in government and business has been there throughout numerous civilizations and for a very long time. I do not think that capitalism is corrupt per say, it is just human nature to want to amass as much wealth as possible, and unfortunately people will take up criminal behavior to acquire it. Money is also not inherently evil, but the acquisition of it at any cost including human life can be very evil and ugly.

As always people that enjoy amassing wealth at the exclusion of the lives of other humans make life miserable for the rest of us no matter what our position in life Sad
loveandormoney
raaeft1 wrote:
Yes, it is a dishonest world. People and organizations don't honour their promises or assurances so far as money is concerned. Many organizations even cheat the employees by not paying their dues.
Won't it be better for the organizations to part company from employees so that they could eke out there living elsewhere.?




Splashing brains, people like this computer games.
TV
shows You accidents and blood and dead people
Newspapers
offers You corruption and catastrophes and bad mood
and the people buy it and they like it.

The question is:
Is the world bad, because the people like this bad news and bloody movies?

Why so people like so much drugs and violence and to connect these things:
Smoking does make me happy.
chasbeen
To the Author Manfer...

You are depressed and seeing things negatively.
There is good in most people.
Think of a sad story you see in the news. Lets say a young person has lost their life.
Do you think a very rich person who has their own children does not feel sorrow?
All countries need a system and some systems are better than others.
In Africa there are some countries that cannot run a proper system.
The result? Anarchy.

Have you got an idea what Anarchy means? I would guess you would prefer the capitalist setup.
Though imperfect it's much better.
loveandormoney
Quote:

There is good in most people.


Is this the unhonest world?
chasbeen
Dishonest not unhonest.
That's known as the queens English:)
manfer
chasbeen wrote:
Dishonest not unhonest.
That's known as the queens English:)


Thanks for the correction.
loveandormoney
chasbeen wrote:
Dishonest not unhonest.
That's known as the queens English:)


unhonest=without truth
dishonest=doubt

Greetings from the King of Grammar.
manfer
loveandormoney wrote:
chasbeen wrote:
Dishonest not unhonest.
That's known as the queens English:)


unhonest=without truth
dishonest=doubt

Greetings from the King of Grammar.


I don't know where you took that from. Once @chasbeen kindly pointed my error I just confirmed my syntax mistake. Dishonest is the correct word spelling, unhonest doesn't exist. We could discuss about why it is so by looking at the origin of that word but it is totally off topic.

Just to confirm you can search for the two in a realiable source as the oxford dictionary or just try it on the google translator for example.

About the meaning of the word is simple. The meaning is "not honest". (no matter if it is written correctly "dishonest" or "unhonest" with a syntax (or ortographic, I don't really know how this wrong use of a word should be considered) error. Both prefixes un- and dis- means not or the opposite of).

--------------------------
I have edited my posts on this thread to correct the syntax or ortographic error. But previously I was using "unhonest" instead of the correct word "dishonest". This explanation message is just to preserve the sense of this and other posts that describe the ortographic mistake.
--------------------------
manfer
chasbeen wrote:

You are depressed and seeing things negatively.

If not being depressed means just accept things how they are; just be blind about what happens in the dishonest system we have builded; just focus on your family and friends as if there were nothing else in the world (this remains me so much to an homo habilis clan, haven't we evolved at the end?); live on your own happy bubble... Then I'm depressed because I refuse to be blind.

chasbeen wrote:

There is good in most people.

I agree. But... there is evil in a lot either. Sadly a lot of them with a lot of money (or if you prefer a lot of power -there is not difference nowadays, money is power-. Someone can try to say no no nowadays info is power, but not so, info can be bought with money too).
Many even don't understand their evil. Mainly they are going to invests their money for profit. Their only concern is to get the profit how it is done is not of their concern (stock exchange system do it very well on separating investment, profit and the way of making it).

chasbeen wrote:

Think of a sad story you see in the news. Lets say a young person has lost their life.
Do you think a very rich person who has their own children does not feel sorrow?

Rich people should feel shame instead of sorrow. In the name of their luxuries there are lots of people in the world without their human right of a decent life.

chasbeen wrote:

All countries need a system and some systems are better than others.
In Africa there are some countries that cannot run a proper system.
The result? Anarchy.

Obviously how can I be so blind?. The proper way to do things is to exploit their commodities at the cheapest prize possible, use them as a huge trash can, and then be sorrow of anything that happens to them. But, "hey man you know, I'm good, I feel sorrow. Even I had given some packets of rice to them to combat famines".

chasbeen wrote:

Have you got an idea what Anarchy means? I would guess you would prefer the capitalist setup.
Though imperfect it's much better.

I don't know what would be the correct word for what you are describing but anarchy is not necessary what you think it is. Anarchy is a political/economical ideology that though it probably is very difficult to implement in a greedy world it has nothing to do with licentiousness. For that reason I don't like the word anarchy used in the other sense you are giving to that word.

What is sad is that is obvious most of people in developed countries are stalled on the idea that there is nothing that can be better than capitalism. Why bother trying to do anything to change? But at the end even in developed countries most of people are just slaves of the system (nothing highly different than in feudal times, only a different way).
chasbeen
Manfer
It's about making the best of it.
We have moved on from barbaric times.
However there is much injustice. I like my own country better than North America where I lived for 10 years.
Over in America there are less layers of support for the average man.
I came back to the Uk where there is more protection for the individual.

This is related to your topic because I feel there is far greater greed and corruption in NortbAmerica than there is in the Uk. It's a pity because as a naive child I looked to North America believing otherwise,

Neither the Uk or N America are perfect but I really feel there is less respect for the individual in N America

Glad to be home.
loveandormoney
Quote:

It's about making the best of it.


This is the reason of the dishones world.

Also it is producing Burnout.
chasbeen
Maybe the world will get better slowly, not many think that's likely.
loveandormoney
Where did You see this?

Because World War II is over?
Related topics
A proposition: equality in taxes.
China to build the World's Biggest Airport O_O
world war2 design?
Argentina tops Brazil for World Cup spot
What do you think about WAR of the WORLD?
BG Xmail The World's First 10GB Email Service
Rules for posting in the Discuss World News forum
Favourite game? (OFFICIAL THREAD)
The furthest distance in the world
War World
most small in the world.......
Top Ten Ways Y2K Will Affect Disney World
Beginning of the End of the World?
World's First 3D Display Revealed
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.