FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Hemochromatosis

Limbless_One
Just a post this to see if there is any other Hemochromatosis sufferer's that visit these forum's ?
Hemochromatosis is an iron disorder where the body simply loads too much iron. This action is genetic and the excess iron, if left untreated, can damage joints, organs, and can eventually be fatal
deanhills
Are there any remedies for it? Sounds pretty serious. Interesting disorder. Haven't heard of it up to your post.
Limbless_One
It is a generic mutation that makes you're body produce iron and if not aware of this i can kill you ,
you must get blood drained every few months to keep the iron levels at a safe level.
jmraker
My advice is to stay away from Magneto so he doesn't escape.

http://www.magnetowasright.com/pages/analysis/the-science-of-magneto.php

---
A few months ago I got an email from my aunt saying my grandma had a JAK2 V617F mutation which meant her body was making too much blood

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myeloproliferative_disease
Limbless_One
Yea it is strange how these little things can change you're life pretty quick.

Have had this all my life and only found out about it 3 years ago which was nearly to late as was given a year to live as my iron levels were through the roof and they said my heart should not be working and my organs should be diseased, HA HA ...still here
Helios
That's a chilling story indeed, and it makes me wonder even more about how many of these subtle, dangerous and in some cases deadly conditions are there that we don't even know about.

For example, I'm suffering from low vitamin B12 absorption. They thought I had ALS at first because I felt weakness in my limbs and I thought I was doomed.
Eventually I restored my B12 levels and from time to time take it as a food supplement if the levels go low. Not as bad as your condition, but it's also interesting.

Well in any case I wish you a long and fruitful life!
Limbless_One
Yes it is strange how many unknown health conditions are out there , if i keep my iron levels down i'm ok , but if the spike up a little my joint's ache and muscle stiffen up and all i want to do is sleep and i cant fight the sleep bit as it wins in every case , usually sleep for 3 days straight.
Vanilla
Limbless_One wrote:
Yes it is strange how many unknown health conditions are out there , if i keep my iron levels down i'm ok , but if the spike up a little my joint's ache and muscle stiffen up and all i want to do is sleep and i cant fight the sleep bit as it wins in every case , usually sleep for 3 days straight.

This looks painful. Sad Also 3 days sleeping, this is insane.

So you need to stay from organ and red meat, and you need to avoid excess of alcohol... Seems like the same that I need to do to not worsen my disease. I have Hyperuricemia since I was pretty young and I need to stay away from everything that's good (meat, alcohol, protein in general) in order to not become all sore. The joint pain is unbearable.
Limbless_One
Yes...not allowed any alcohol at all and to keep away from food with iron (miss me staeaks)