FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joomla is the best!

tyrus
Joomla is the best! i love it
zimmer
tyrus wrote:

yes, i love it also. my website is made of joomla.
codegeek
I would like to learn Joomla. What resources did you guys use while learning?
dolfinchris
Joomla CMS platform is often considered to be the best and the most popular solution that would fit all the requirements of website owners
likeabreeze
Wordpress is widely considered the best CMS.
bellier
I am also thinking about using Joomla for my squash club website. But I am a bit concern with the responsiveness, if this means to change hosting site. Any recommendation?
johans
bellier wrote:
I am also thinking about using Joomla for my squash club website. But I am a bit concern with the responsiveness, if this means to change hosting site. Any recommendation?

My site is Joomla and I am hosted here in frihost and base on my experience Joomla is perfect here in frihost.

Joomla and Frihost is 100% match and perfect here.
playfungames
Its a great piece of software. But one should customize it a lot in order to create a site that is unique and that has the features that one wants. But it is not so easy to learn.
the_emissary
@ Playfungames You are correct, I'm currently experimenting with Joomla 3.1 and it not hard to get a hang of, its just not easy.

@ Everyone I'm currently doing some research into creating my own Joomla templates because the ones that that I see for free are either monotonous or just plain. If and when I master the template creation; I will use Joomla forever.
yurasai
I want to learn joomla too.. which free tutorial can you guys suggest?
duytam28
Joomla Pros & Cons

Pros

Easy Setup - Much like WordPress, Joomla can be setup and deployed in a matter of minutes.
Powerful Extensions - Joomla offers users a wide range of plugins to help enhance site content. This includes everything from plugins to site modules that are all open source in nature.
Extensive User Permissions - If you’re running a site where a wide range of users access content, it’s important to have a way to setup dynamic user permissions. Joomla allows for up to nine different types of user permissions.
**Learn How To Build a Corporate Website Using Joomla in this Online Course**

Cons

Advanced Customization - If you’re new to the world of Joomla, advanced customization will be a problem. If you want to make more advanced features like specialized buttons, flash-based content, etc, you’ll need to get some help from a developer or programmer.
Not So SEO Friendly - It’s not that Joomla is SEO-unfriendly, but it doesn’t come so easy to the CMS platform. But once you get things up and running, you’ll learn some tricks to make the site just as SEO-friendly as any other CMS.
zimmer
I guess Joomla is the most active CMS today.

Joomla becomes more popular started last 2009. When they introduced the version 1.5 it becomes popular and then more popular when the maintained and give updates on bugs.

Now, the have Joomla 2.5 and 3.x version which is made more easy and flexible and easy to used.
CHAOS-THEORY
are u serious me?? does anyone know something called security, oh time for... S U A
ibraltan1
There is immense amount of discussions about what the best content management system is. Different viewpoints suggest different content management systems as the best ones. But the problem of this discussion is that all the systems are continuously improving through new versions. For instance Joomla! 3.X version was launched last year. 3.X has become a great improvement in the history of Joomla!. On the other hand, even if you have the latest technology, unless you know how to use it, there is no point in using. There are large amount of source of education on the web for Joomla!. However, there could be many problems that have no answers about. If you encounter a problem without an answer, you start thinking about advantages of the other content management systems. Some sources:
A good starting point would be http://docs.joomla.org/
http://www.cloudaccess.net/training/knowledgebase.html
http://www.ostraining.com
http://www.joomlashack.com
http://www.joomlatraining.com
http://www.lynda.com
http://www.buildajoomlawebsite.com
Also, on the web you can find several videos on this subject.
But, solutions for many problems related to details can be found through the forums like this.
ttyew
tyrus wrote:

Me too. Very Happy
rn3324
what is this issue with Joomla security? Is Joomla good enough if I want to have functionality of allowing users to subscribe, then maintain set of subscribed members and setup events with tickets priced differently for subscribed & unsubscribed members. I also want place were user can ask questions, subscribe to mailing list and so on.. This will be a website for a non-profit organization.
johans
rn3324 wrote:
what is this issue with Joomla security? Is Joomla good enough if I want to have functionality of allowing users to subscribe, then maintain set of subscribed members and setup events with tickets priced differently for subscribed & unsubscribed members. I also want place were user can ask questions, subscribe to mailing list and so on.. This will be a website for a non-profit organization.

YES, Joomla can handle all your requirements and needs. if you need personal help just post here in frihost or you can also reached me by PM or email.

Good luck!
ibraltan1
There is a lot of content management system software. The ultimate goal of all is to produce a system in which user of these system never needs coding knowledge. Such a perfect system would be easily understood and managed by user. However the needs of users differentiate at a great extend. Fork in road comes at this point. Either this could be a windows - like software that targets all the needs or a plain system that each user develops his or her system through additions of extensions. But this produces incredible amount of compatibility issues that eventually makes the life of a user harder than ever. Many kinds of components, plugging, modules, which are necessary for your system, start to fight against each other. You come a point that you must give up one or some of them. Even if you find a compromise for all after hard work, when the content management system updates to a new version, each one may not follow this development, and the war starts again. One thing is sure they are far from their goal.
mehtabhk
its truely the leader in CMS... the best in every aspect...
johans
I am not anymore active on Joomla now a days and i dont have anymore idea who is leading.

I have my joomla site but this was 1.5 then converted to 1.8 then 2.5 now..

I notice there is 3.5 now which i dont know the features already.
filz0r
I'm going to use joomla for the first time in a project for school
Runnerjp
I much prefer WordPress if I'm designing anything for clients over Joomla as when handing over to the client its the best for beginners IMO. If you want the most power but need more technical knowledge to use I would go with Drupal Smile
cps31
I have different opinion on this. I prefer Wordpress more than Joomla. Infact we have just transferred out website from Joomla platform to workdpress platform recently.