FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Private chats

limpands
I think a good idea is to implement private chatting.
Peterssidan
We already have private messages, or do you want it to be real-time?
RosenCruz
Sth like an instant messaging privately on forum? I believe that would be bloat Rolling Eyes
Ankhanu
We've also got an IRC channel, #FriHost on irc.dal.net. IRC is great for not only group (channel) chat, but also for one-on-one.
twotrophy
I think IRC would be enough for the time being because it would be difficult and time consuming to implement a chat room on Frihost. It would be also time consuming to moderate it. IRC is still good in some.ways even if it is a very old system. I prefer IRC over other alternatives like Xat because it is less annoying even if it runs on commands.
limpands
twotrophy wrote:
I think IRC would be enough for the time being because it would be difficult and time consuming to implement a chat room on Frihost. It would be also time consuming to moderate it. IRC is still good in some.ways even if it is a very old system. I prefer IRC over other alternatives like Xat because it is less annoying even if it runs on commands.

Im totally with yah mate.
foumy6
A live chat room could also add to the spam especially if it ended up being a third party app the was installed. I think that the IRC and pm'ing is enough. I have noticed that most people I would want to talk to are not online at the same time as me, so pm'ing works just fine.
RoylanM
Maybe we can get chat software from phpbb and put it here.