FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Battlefield 2 problem!!!

ekingisrael
hi everyone-i got a very big problem-i bought a new legal copy of the battlefield 2 game and it woon't start-when i'm pressing the game's icon-a black screen apears-as its loading the game but suddenly before i even see any logo of EA or Battlefield-it's exiting back to windows... does anyone know this problem? please help me out here...

thank you all Rolling Eyes

Question Idea
gh0stface
What video card are you using?
Also, what video driver version are you running?
progman89
ekingisrael, either your video card is not compatible with the game or you do not have codecs installed that are required to play the videos that show when you open the game. Usually you get a codec message if you don't have the codec though, so I would say almost certainly that your video card is too old.
farrengottu
ive seen this problem in other forums. you need one of 3 things.
1. a suported video card.
2. directX 9.0c
3. version 1.03 of the game (some video cards had problems, this patch has the fix)

there could be other things wrong but those are the 3 main fixes.
8-Ball
bf2 has had over 500,000 problems, only 1/4 has been fixed. Thats why I try and stay away from bf.
homer09001
i had the same problem when i bought this game i solved it by going out and paying minimum 80 for an AGP card
Evil Homer
As the above peaple say, you will need an supported graph card..
You need support on your card for 1.3 shader..
The ones that have it is:
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700 or greater
ATI Radeon 8500 or greater

Smile
bananaphone
My guess - update to the latest version of Direct X - or buy a new video card.
shaggly
As the above people correctly say, you DO NEED a good video card to run BF2, and DirectX 9.0c is recommended.

Also, a useful tip. If you want to change the executable to load into the game without the annoying start movies, change the target of the icon to:-

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart 1

No more startup movie Smile