FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

User Post Statistics

Peterssidan
I have finally implemented a program that can easily collect and upload post statistics for individual users. The statistics can be viewed at this page: http://dataapa.net/frih/stats/

If you want me to collect post statistics for you, just tell me and I'll do it. If you have been a member for 6 months or more and have made at least 50 posts I'll do it for free. If you don't meet this requirement the price is 25 Coins.

I will not collect statistics without permission from the user, but I really hope that many long-time members will give their permission because it is very interesting for everyone to see.

For the ones who are worried about the server load this will cause, I can almost promise you that it will not be a problem. The data is collected from frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_author=UserName so to collect data for me it had to read 61 pages, the first time. Next time data is collected it will only read the new posts and stop as soon as it finds a page with an old post. Between each page is loaded there is a delay of a few seconds. Only the data that have been updated is sent to the site (which is hosted on Frihost) and inserted into the database.
Ankhanu
Feel free to use mine.
deanhills
That's pretty awesome Peterssidan. I'd be most grateful if you could collect my statistics, many thanks! Cool
rjraaz
Am I eligible for free.
Peterssidan
The statistics have now been updated for you three guys.
deanhills
That is pretty awesome, many thanks Peterssidan. Sort of brings back memories back in one flash. The record number of posts during 2009.
truespeed
I like that,could you do mine please?
Ankhanu
deanhills wrote:
That is pretty awesome, many thanks Peterssidan. Sort of brings back memories back in one flash. The record number of posts during 2009.

It is pretty neat. It's also clear when I stopped posting for hosting and started posting for posting Razz
RosenCruz
This guy really is a dedicated member. Awesome work Peter Wink
Peterssidan
truespeed has been added and the statistics updated.
codegeek
This sounds quite interesting. It's a shame I neither fulfill the 6 month criteria nor have 25 coins. Oh well, maybe later.
Peterssidan
codegeek wrote:
This sounds quite interesting. It's a shame I neither fulfill the 6 month criteria nor have 25 coins. Oh well, maybe later.

I have this criteria just to avoid getting a lot of users that just makes a few posts and then never post again. The statistics wouldn't be very interesting for you anyway because you have only been here this month.
truespeed
Thanks Peterssidan,that is both clever and interesting. Smile
Peterssidan
OK, playfungames, you have been added and all statistics has been updated.

EDIT: The time is wrong again. I'm actually replying to the post below this one.
playfungames
Hi, I would like to say that this is a really cool feature. I think that I meet the requirements to get this service for free so I would like for you to do it for me.
cybersa
Can you make one for me?
This will be useful for me. Wink
Peterssidan
cybersa, your statistics has been added.
zaxacongrejo
Peterssidan take a look here please http://www.smartcharts.nl/
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Peterssidan take a look here please http://www.smartcharts.nl/
Thanks for posting this Zaxa. Looks pretty awesome. May try it out myself as well.
zaxacongrejo
any contacts needed to the developer just tell me i can provide who needs it with linkedin bridges
he did a couple of changes for me at the last few versions
Vanilla
I would love to see my statistics, Peterssidan! Can you do mine? Very Happy
cybersa
Peterssidan wrote:
cybersa, your statistics has been added.

Thanks for your work.
It looks nice.
Afaceinthematrix
That is neat. Feel free to add mine to your site if you want. I don't need to see them but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing them.
Peterssidan
The statistics for Vanilla and Afaceinthematrix has now been added.
Ghost Rider103
Awesome, it's cool to see everyone's stats.

Would be great to see my own stats if you get some free time. Very Happy
Peterssidan
Ghost Rider103, sorry for the delay. Your statistics has been added.
william
Wow, very nice work! Feel free to add me as well (I expect mine to be quite different from the ones posted so far).

Edit: Also interesting to see how some these post statistics are inconsistent with the forum's post count, particularly for the moderators. Clearly there's a ton of activity going on behind the scenes. An exclusive party, perhaps? Cool (But seriously, I had no idea staff forums were this active).
Peterssidan
william wrote:
Edit: Also interesting to see how some these post statistics are inconsistent with the forum's post count, particularly for the moderators. Clearly there's a ton of activity going on behind the scenes. An exclusive party, perhaps? Cool (But seriously, I had no idea staff forums were this active).

Wow, that is a huge difference. The post count for Ghost Rider103 and Vanilla are more than than 30% off. It's because it doesn't count posts in the staff forum and posts that has been spamcanned.

And I hope you noticed that I added your stats because I forgot to post when I did.
ocalhoun
I'd like to see mine...

(sorry, server load)
Peterssidan
ocalhoun wrote:
I'd like to see mine...
Your stats have been added.
chasbeen
Moi
Peterssidan
The statistics for chasbeen has been added.
Vanilla
Thank for adding my stats, Peterssidan! So I only have like 1600 something "real posts". That's a lot of spammers hahaha! Razz
metalfreek
pretty neat tool. I love it. Keep up the good work.
Peterssidan
metalfreek wrote:
pretty neat tool. I love it. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. Does that mean you want your stats collected?
foumy6
Feel free to do mine even though they are going to be bad Smile
twotrophy
Peterssidan, are these statistics automated or manually updated? 25 coins is a reasonable price to be even if it is expensive because you will get some publicity. How long did it took you to make this service? Did you use Javascript? I am currently learning Javascript using CodeAcademy. It would be good if you add a form to request statistics on the webpage. Nice work. I wonder how many free domain names you can earn with this.
Peterssidan
The statistics for foumy6 has been added.

@twotrophy
I guess you mean me and not sonam. The program I use to collect statistics is a command line program written in C++ using the libcurl library. It has one option to collect statistics, one option to upload the statistics and one option to add new users. It is very easy to use. I will not add a request form to the website because I can't be sure people will not send requests for other users. I don't do this to earn coins. I want this service to be free. The only reason I have a fee for new users is to avoid getting a lot of statistics from users that just makes a few posts and never post again. Statistics for such users would be uninteresting, slow down the collection of statistics for no good reason and make it harder for other users to find the statistics they want to find. New users, like you, that makes a lot of posts will have enough coins to be able to pay the fee without problems.
twotrophy
Sorry for confusing you with Sonam. I have edited my previous post. I would probably request for statistics soon but not now. Thank you for offering it for free for most users. I should have no problem getting 25 coins. I do post almost everyday. Post statistics are great because of detailed graphs which is the reason why I am interested. I should be able to earn 25 coins in less than a week. This thread should be a sticky because seems to be very popular.
Parkour_Jarrod
Mine would be fair interesting as i go through periods of activeness and in-activeness.

though i have to saw this is a cool Idea
Peterssidan
The statistics for Parkour_Jarrod has been added.
LxGoodies
Eej Peterssidan, nice project you run here ! I'd like to see my statistics too please Pray

Lx
Parkour_Jarrod
Y'know i didnt realise i was inactive for so long... yet all the same names are still floating around...
Peterssidan
The statistics for LxGoodies has been added.
sonam
I would like to see mine, too. Really great work Peterssidan Dancing

Sonam
Peterssidan
The statistics for sonam has been added.
IndieCthulhu
Peter, is is possible to combine Parkour_Jarrod's statistics with this accounts? Do you know what i mean?
Peterssidan
I have not made it possible to combine statistics from different accounts. It wouldn't be impossible to fix but I prefer it the way it is. Having multiple accounts isn't allowed anyway.
rjraaz
Peterssidan wrote:
I have not made it possible to combine statistics from different accounts. It wouldn't be impossible to fix but I prefer it the way it is. Having multiple accounts isn't allowed anyway.

I agreed that multiple accounts are not allowed in forum but may any staff has allowed him to open. Rolling Eyes
ratanegra
Can you please post my statistics? It sounds pretty interesting.
IndieCthulhu
rjraaz wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:

I agreed that multiple accounts are not allowed in forum but may any staff has allowed him to open. Rolling Eyes

I actually have asked for my other account to be closed and transferred to this one... also you can have two forum accounts but not two hosting accounts... and said don't have any hosting on this account....
Peterssidan
The statistics for ratanegra has been added.

@IndieCthulhu
The forum rules are quite clear.
Quote:
Members are only allowed to have one account. Registering multiple accounts is not allowed.
johans
Peterssidan wrote:
I have finally implemented a program that can easily collect and upload post statistics for individual users. The statistics can be viewed at this page: http://dataapa.net/frih/stats/

If you want me to collect post statistics for you, just tell me and I'll do it. If you have been a member for 6 months or more and have made at least 50 posts I'll do it for free. If you don't meet this requirement the price is 25 Coins.

I will not collect statistics without permission from the user, but I really hope that many long-time members will give their permission because it is very interesting for everyone to see.

For the ones who are worried about the server load this will cause, I can almost promise you that it will not be a problem. The data is collected from frihost.com/forums/search.php?search_author=UserName so to collect data for me it had to read 61 pages, the first time. Next time data is collected it will only read the new posts and stop as soon as it finds a page with an old post. Between each page is loaded there is a delay of a few seconds. Only the data that have been updated is sent to the site (which is hosted on Frihost) and inserted into the database.

Nice program. is this on real time statistics? How this be update?
IndieCthulhu
Peterssidan wrote:

@IndieCthulhu
The forum rules are quite clear.
Quote:
Members are only allowed to have one account. Registering multiple accounts is not allowed.

I've had this issue raised before.
ratanegra
Peterssidan wrote:

Thank you very much. I have to ask the same question as the person above me. Will the statistics update regularly?
Peterssidan
My plan was to update the statistics at least once a month, but so far I have updated them much more frequently. I usually update all statistics when I add a new user.
johans
Peterssidan wrote:
My plan was to update the statistics at least once a month, but so far I have updated them much more frequently. I usually update all statistics when I add a new user.

that sounds good if you update it frequently. Good job.
foumy6
Just wondering how often does this update?
sonam
Peterssidan wrote:
The statistics for sonam has been added.

Thank you very much. I really like to see my statistic. Very Happy

Sonam
rjraaz
Peterssidan wrote:

Peter, Why don't you try cron to update statistics once or twice per day or more? I think you know about it.
twotrophy
Would it be possible for the Javascript device to update points automatically every day by scanning user pages? Would that be allowed under the Terms of Service? By the way, are you using the free hosting provided by Frihost or are you using a paid host?
Peterssidan
rjraaz wrote:
Peter, Why don't you try cron to update statistics once or twice per day or more? I think you know about it.
I don't see the point in updating that often and I prefer to run the program manually because then it is easier to spot problems. One potential problem is that the program can miss some posts if the server time is changed back in time.

twotrophy wrote:
Would it be possible for the Javascript device to update points automatically every day by scanning user pages? Would that be allowed under the Terms of Service? By the way, are you using the free hosting provided by Frihost or are you using a paid host?
JavaScript is not suitable for this. If I would do this I would probably run it as a cron job on my computer. The program runs on my computer so the TOS shouldn't be a problem. Only the website that the statistics are uploaded to is hosted on a Frihost server.
inoshi
You can add mine if you like!
Peterssidan
The statistics for inoshi has been added.
inoshi
Peterssidan wrote:
The statistics for inoshi has been added.

Neat, thanks!

Wink
coolclay
Very curious as too my stats, and whether or not they fluctuate. I feel like I am fairly consistent poster. With vacations and workload occasionally influencing the rate.
Peterssidan
The statistics for coolclay has been added.
zimmer
Peterssidan wrote:

Nice update. That would be helpful. I just saw the update dated April 8, 2013. That would be helpful if you make a button.
Peterssidan
What kind of button?
bukaida
Can I have mine ? Thank you in advance.
Peterssidan
bukaida wrote:
Can I have mine ? Thank you in advance.

Certainly! Here you go: http://dataapa.net/frih/stats/bukaida/
bukaida
@Peterssidan
It is looking amazing and providing many interesting data. I have never thought about them in this way. Thank you sooo much.
Aredon
I wouldn't mind seeing my terrible stats as well! Have you considered using google charts for a more interactive feel? Smile
Peterssidan
The statistics for Aredon has been added. I have not considered using google charts. I have never used it. I prefer to not use JavaScript unless necessary.
twotrophy
I only have slightly less than 1 month before I can get into your list for free as my account would be 6 months old by then. I value coins a lot so I rather wait until my account reaches 6 months old so that I can get into your list for free than to pay 25 coins.
Aredon
Peterssidan wrote:
The statistics for Aredon has been added. I have not considered using google charts. I have never used it. I prefer to not use JavaScript unless necessary.

There's also a php library I ran across not that long ago to get static images from the google charts api if you'd be interested I can look that up for you. The nice thing about the javascript is interactivity with the charts. Smile
Peterssidan
@Aredon
What kind of interactivity is it that you are currently missing? I guess I could have different versions of the website, with different ways to show the graphs. Think
codegeek
Can I get mine now? Very Happy
Afaceinthematrix
This is interesting to look at and observe. I wasn't able to post for several months and now I am slowly, but surely, working my way out of the hole! Hopefully I will finally be positive soon! I am only able to make it to the internet every week or two but I try to make sure I get more points than I lost. I will continue to look at my posting trends...
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
This is interesting to look at and observe. I wasn't able to post for several months and now I am slowly, but surely, working my way out of the hole! Hopefully I will finally be positive soon! I am only able to make it to the internet every week or two but I try to make sure I get more points than I lost. I will continue to look at my posting trends...
Looking forward to your posts Matrix. They are always interesting and well written and when I read them it makes me feel good to be at Frihost! Cool
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Looking forward to your posts Matrix. They are always interesting and well written and when I read them it makes me feel good to be at Frihost! 8)

Why thank you. Did you make it on your East Africa trip yet? I read that recently on the travel forum. If you still haven't come over here to Africa and you're still thinking of going on the vacation, then have fun and stay safe. It's quite fun over here in West Africa, too.
deanhills
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Looking forward to your posts Matrix. They are always interesting and well written and when I read them it makes me feel good to be at Frihost! Cool

Why thank you. Did you make it on your East Africa trip yet? I read that recently on the travel forum. If you still haven't come over here to Africa and you're still thinking of going on the vacation, then have fun and stay safe. It's quite fun over here in West Africa, too.
Not East Africa, South Africa! Did transfer through Nairobi though on a KLM/Kenya Air partnership ticket .... haha! That was in March.

I was unaware you were in Africa. Thinking you're in California. West Africa is quite humid and hot. What have your experiences been there like?
Peterssidan
All statistics has been updated and the statistics for codegeek has been added.

I'm sorry you had to wait so long since the last update but I had a few computer problems to sort out.
Gregoric
Looks pretty nice Smile You may add me, that should eventually make me post more often, I have so many thing I'd like to make threads about but my laziness has been stronger so far Smile
Peterssidan
The statistics for Gregoric has been added.
codegeek
Peterssidan wrote:
All statistics has been updated and the statistics for codegeek has been added.

I'm sorry you had to wait so long since the last update but I had a few computer problems to sort out.

Thanks. It seems I have been posting around the same number of posts per month in all the months after the initial burst of the first month. Interesting.
Afaceinthematrix
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Afaceinthematrix wrote:
Looking forward to your posts Matrix. They are always interesting and well written and when I read them it makes me feel good to be at Frihost! 8)

Not East Africa, South Africa! Did transfer through Nairobi though on a KLM/Kenya Air partnership ticket .... haha! That was in March.

I was unaware you were in Africa. Thinking you're in California. West Africa is quite humid and hot. What have your experiences been there like?

I've been in Africa for the past four months! I can't describe my experiences here briefly because they've been so crazy... Life is more different from here than L.A. than I can adequately describe in the brief time that I have here.... But when I have more time I'll let you know... I'll be in West Africa for quite a while... Until my job allows me to go home...