FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is your say on the 2012 Apocalypse?

shashwatblack
Did you for even a moment ever consider it to be true? I did. I even had a plan if it were to happen.
I bought a bottle of vodka a day before, so if the ground started shaking i would drink it all and die in peace.
I knew it was far from being true, but who does it hurt to have an awesome plan.. Anyone else i knew didn't.. Very Happy

So back to the topic, do you think people gave it way more attention than it deserved?
All the facebook posts, and tweets, and comics, and rumors.. My brother had all kinds of hypothesis about how it would happen, why it would happen, and what would happen after that.. It was literally all he talked about.

So yea.. your say? Smile
_AVG_
Well I did not believe it completely. Sure I believed that the world would change but doesn't that happen every year? Smile
Ankhanu
Of course I didn't think there was anything to the idea. It had as much weight as every other doomsday prediction that's been made; none.
deanhills
Neither did I. However for some it was probably fun while it lasted. It must be one of the longest living disaster anticipation I've seen in a while - maybe four years in advance? Kept plenty of discussion boards busy, as well as fed a great number of Websites. Some people were making money in how to prepare for a disaster like that. It even had a major Hollywood movie made in its honour! Twisted Evil
Nick2008
It was fun while it lasted, I mean, my guess would be that those who insisted it was real were probably just joking and trying to annoy others. I found it really stupid when people asked me "Do you believe that the 2012 apocalypse is true?" Anybody with even the most elementary understanding of science and principles would understand that it was an unfounded prediction (our science can barely predict what kind of weather we'll have one week from now).

To these dumb questions I usually replied in a very serious voice, "Yes, I believe the world will end on December 21. I am currently preparing and undertaking the necessary precautions and recommend you do as well." I couldn't believe how many people thought I was serious... Rolling Eyes
grofet
only god know when is the doomsday / armageddon so i just try to be a good person so i can enter the heaven after im dead.
inoshi
grofet wrote:
only god know when is the doomsday / armageddon so i just try to be a good person so i can enter the heaven after im dead.

Who is this "god" person you speak of, and why would they only, know of a doomsday?
rx9876
And so, for the very first time, the day is saved, thanks to...
The POWERPUFF GIRLS!!!

I think there are many world-ending events happened, happening, or going to happen,
and we just need to do the best we could do every single day.
deanhills
rx9876 wrote:
And so, for the very first time, the day is saved, thanks to...
The POWERPUFF GIRLS!!!

I think there are many world-ending events happened, happening, or going to happen,
and we just need to do the best we could do every single day.
Good part of it though is we won't live that long any way.

IceCreamTruck
I am curious if anyone died while attempting to prepare for the end. As with any event that generates mass hysteria there is a body count, and I'm curious how many lives this recent apocalypse claimed. As far as I could tell most people in the USA forgot the world was ending, so the hysteria was minimal because everyone was focused on Christmas and family.

Were there end of the world celebrations where you were?

PS. The world did end, BTW. We all just missed it! Smile
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I am curious if anyone died while attempting to prepare for the end. As with any event that generates mass hysteria there is a body count, and I'm curious how many lives this recent apocalypse claimed.
Good question. Wonder whether there were suicides among the fatalities as well, or people did crazy things that indirectly led to their passing.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I am curious if anyone died while attempting to prepare for the end. As with any event that generates mass hysteria there is a body count, and I'm curious how many lives this recent apocalypse claimed.
Good question. Wonder whether there were suicides among the fatalities as well, or people did crazy things that indirectly led to their passing.

We have another big comet that is supposed to be visible in the sky later this year. I think that will also claim a lot of lives. Check it out http://science.time.com/2012/12/20/coming-in-2013-the-comet-of-the-century/ ooo, they are calling it the "comet of the century" ... yeah, lots of people are going to off themselves, and I think that isn't really a bad thing actually, because they obviously have no plans to contribute to society.

PS. I have no time to find the cure for cancer. I'm too busy killing myself and riding to heaven on a comet to help you, and I'm sorry!
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

We have another big comet that is supposed to be visible in the sky later this year. I think that will also claim a lot of lives. Check it out http://science.time.com/2012/12/20/coming-in-2013-the-comet-of-the-century/
At least there will be some science to check out in August, instead of just hype. Should be very interesting indeed. Particularly when the scientists start to measure the halo of the comet. Should make for some great photography as well.
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

We have another big comet that is supposed to be visible in the sky later this year. I think that will also claim a lot of lives. Check it out http://science.time.com/2012/12/20/coming-in-2013-the-comet-of-the-century/
At least there will be some science to check out in August, instead of just hype. Should be very interesting indeed. Particularly when the scientists start to measure the halo of the comet. Should make for some great photography as well.

I witnessed the last big comet from Europe, and it was spectacular!! I loved looking up into the sky and seeing something so different. It's not hard to believe that people got kinda crazy about it as it was really quite a different experience. I wonder if their nike shoes helped their journey? lol... nike needs to make a shoe called "the comet" or "comet walkers"
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I wonder if their nike shoes helped their journey? lol... nike needs to make a shoe called "the comet" or "comet walkers"
Right. Wonder whether we will get new usernames with comet in it .... just checked, user name "comet" is available. Very Happy
IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:
I wonder if their nike shoes helped their journey? lol... nike needs to make a shoe called "the comet" or "comet walkers"
Right. Wonder whether we will get new usernames with comet in it .... just checked, user name "comet" is available. Very Happy

You could make this your alias. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.
deanhills
IceCreamTruck wrote:
deanhills wrote:
IceCreamTruck wrote:

You could make this your alias. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me.
Right. I guess the next user with the name "comet" will be immediately under suspicion. Haha .... we'll all be watching out for the user.
jmraker
I believe the world is going to end on Dec 31st 2013 because my new wall calendar only goes up to that date. The calendar makers have not written the fortelling of any dates beyond that date on my calendar so it must be the last day of earth. Hopefully the 2014 wall calendars will make it to the stores in a few months and all will be saved... but for how long?!?!
IceCreamTruck
jmraker wrote:
... and all will be saved.

No chance. We're doomed, I tell you! Smile
ninacax
I can not believe that many people really believed in it. It's just ridiculous.
Let's just wait for the new Apocalypse day.
This was the worst Apocalypse ever.
IceCreamTruck
ninacax wrote:
This was the worst Apocalypse ever.

I agree. I'm really sad that the world ended, cause I had some great plans for this year! Smile
playfungames
I never thought that it was true at all. I was bit (a very tiny bit) concerned when there were news of earthquakes and other disasters around the world. But I thought that noone could predict what would happen in such a far future. So I did not fear anything at all.

My day on Dec 21, 2012 was normal. I did the normal things except at the evening, we partied pretty hard here.
codegeek
In my view, it was just an over-hyped event that did not really signify anything. I mean, so what if the Mayan calendar ended in 2012. There is always a limit to how far they decided to make it, it's just that the limit in this case was 2012.