FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

If you have a lot of money suddenly

cooky24
We make a suppose now
if you are poor now, and work hard everyday, and this just can provide you some food. then someday, you have a lot of money, and you do not know where is the money from, there are just in your house, what will you do?
codegeek
Money attracts money. So, I'd start a business venture. I would also build a bigger house for me and my family. If the money were sufficient, I would invest it in a business, for example buying a local bus or starting my own software company, rather than just leaving it in the bank. I love chess. So, establishing a chess club in my city would be a beginning. At first, it might not generate much income, but I believe it would be profitable in the long run. This one is not as much business as it is passion. So, basically I would try not to waste it. Well, at least not all of it!
linux1993
At first, I will try to confirm the source of those money to ensure I can use them, or else I will be taken to prison. Then I will travel around the world with my parents. Besides, eat delicious food ...
Radar
I don't have much of a business sense, so starting a business seems like a gamble to me. Don't get me wrong - very much to be admired, and a grand venture, but, a gamble.

I kind of would tend towards the leave it in the bank. But lately I am beginning to wonder about whether it's better to make use of the money that we have here and now - charities, helping others or the world in some way - rather than simply leave it.
deanhills
I'd buy a house somewhere near a beach. And hopefully have enough left to invest somewhere so I get regular income I can live on from the investments.
dharmin
So if i had all the money in the world, so much that i could spend as much as i want and still it would never run out........damn, how i wish that was true!

Apart from the noble causes that everyone would say that they will do first like remove poverty, hunger...fund enough money into canger/aids/ general medical research..etc,
I would first like to invest enough money into finding a sustainable source of energy, as all the wars that are going on are mainly because of the want for crude oil...
If everyone had enough resources to live by, then the amount of wars would considerably reduce..

Now, for myself, i would buy everything available on www.thisiswhyimbroke.com.....
Buy a small island country and become king..XD
Never ever go back to work at my crappy job...wow, how amazing would that be...
andro_king
cooky24 wrote:
We make a suppose now
if you are poor now, and work hard everyday, and this just can provide you some food. then someday, you have a lot of money, and you do not know where is the money from, there are just in your house, what will you do?

Will plan everything to keep that money with me. Wink
Josso
Whoa, whoa, hold on now there... I don't know where the money is from?

Unlikely I am touching that any time soon after discovering it
Afaceinthematrix
It depends on how much "a lot" of money is. If I just found $20 in my house (which is a lot for a random discovery), then I'd buy beer. If I found millions of dollars in my house, then I'd, of course, turn it in because it isn't rightfully mine. If nobody claimed the money, then I'd do several things. First, for security, I'd pay off my house so that I am never homeless. Secondly, philanthropically, I'd donate to quite a few charities that I support. Third, for fun, I'd take one of those very long overlanding trips that companies offer. I usually hate traveling in a group or on guided tours, but I've always wanted to do one of those six month long overland trips (such as this (but if I was actually going to take one I'd do research to see what the best and most reputable company is; I just found this one on a quick Google search)) where you hit up multiple countries.
johans
cooky24 wrote:
We make a suppose now

first, it not that easy to earn or find that money. Well assuming it is just on my house i should be thankful to God first then i start business and purchase a car and a house. then i will take a vacation and enjoy a little bit of that money but of-course i will put some saving on the bank in case of emergencies and other urgent situations may encounter.
standready
Hmmm, I know of a few good charities that would wisely use some of money. I know a few people that could use a 'hand up' not a hand out. My place could use some new windows and the car could stand replacing.
_AVG_
I'd give 90% to charity and then spend 10% on gifts for others lol
grofet
change it as gold or silver as soon as possible before people on the central bank reduce the value of the money. after that i will use the gold and silver to makes the world better. wealth can be a good ticket to heaven or a good ticket to hell after im dead. use the money wisely for everyone kindness. life is only for a moment.
Josso
Something happened that reminded me of this thread. I just got paid for benefits I was not eligible for at the time. As my paperwork was going through they had some monumental computer meltdown by the sounds of it. I have been told on the phone that I can keep the money but I have had to do some serious enquiries in order to get this in writing. When I saw it in my account out of nowhere there was no way I was touching it