FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Number of guests ...

truespeed
The only way I think they could be encouraged to stay/sign up would be to make the boards more attractive,visually I mean,but that has been discussed to death and is unlikely to happen.

They come here from search and I guess with so many topics they leave with the answers they want,so it wasn't a wasted journey,if not they may click on a related ad or two. Smile
truespeed
My post above yours? The board has gone mad again.
deanhills
I'm pretty amazed at the number of guests being steadily and consistently over 100, particularly when I see zero of the registered members on board. Wonder whether more could be made out of the guests in getting them to stay?
Nick2008
As truespeed noted, most of these guests probably came from internet searches and maybe looked through specifics threads and found what they wanted.

Obviously, those that are interested in participating in the community will most likely take action and register here. There's really no point of doing anything "specific" or "targeted" to attract these guests because people should make the personal decision of participating here. I don't think we need to go out and "recruit" as many members as possible; we need to add smart, educated, informed individuals who can function well in a group discussion. Right now Frihost has a great group of people who are just able to do that. Guests who go ahead and take the initiative to register will most likely share the same traits as well.

As they say, quality over quantity. We don't want to end up like some of the other forums who are filled with spammers and immature chaos.
ocalhoun
Nick2008 wrote:

Obviously, those that are interested in participating in the community will most likely take action and register here.

Nothing too crazy...
But, for instance, having a very prominent 'register now' link on thread viewing pages for non-registered users wouldn't be imposing or anything... it may just be the little nudge they need to take them from information retrieval mode to 'hey, maybe I should join here and participate' mode.
Nick2008
Ocalhoun wrote:

But, for instance, having a very prominent 'register now' link on thread viewing pages for non-registered users wouldn't be imposing or anything

That's a good idea, Ocalhoun. I originally thought about having some sort of box for unregistered users in the lower right corner that would say something along the lines of "Join our community" but realized that may actually be a bit intrusive and discourage people from registering instead. To have an easy to see "Register Now" link at the bottom and/or top of the thread for unregistered users sounds like a good medium.
deanhills
truespeed wrote:
My post above yours? The board has gone mad again.
Right. When I opened this thread I had to give my head a good shake, as I was almost certain I had started the thread last night. Haha .... Laughing

I should have known, as my points should have been 45, and they were 44 when I started this session. So it must have happened with a day that went "poof". Think it happened in July as well.

Nick2008 wrote:
Ocalhoun wrote:

But, for instance, having a very prominent 'register now' link on thread viewing pages for non-registered users wouldn't be imposing or anything

That's a good idea, Ocalhoun. I originally thought about having some sort of box for unregistered users in the lower right corner that would say something along the lines of "Join our community" but realized that may actually be a bit intrusive and discourage people from registering instead. To have an easy to see "Register Now" link at the bottom and/or top of the thread for unregistered users sounds like a good medium.
Agreed Ocalhoun. That would really do the trick. Great suggestion. Cool