FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I got married! :)

IceCreamTruck
Well, life changes are afoot! I got married on 12/28/12!
cybersa
First Good News of 2013 for me. Wink
Congratulation. Smile
IceCreamTruck
You mean it wasn't that the world did not end? haha!

Thanks, my friend!
Ankhanu
Happiness to the two of ya!
IceCreamTruck
Ankhanu wrote:
Happiness to the two of ya!

Thanks so much, Ankhanu! It's going to be a big year!
nickfyoung
Well done, congratulations. There is not enough of that going on anymore. It means commitment, something that is lacking these days.
Remember, it takes commitment to get married and commitment to stay married. It is too easy to just pack it all in at the first sign of trouble or the second or third. Troubles you will have. It is all part of the package but the real marriage will rise above them and just make that commitment stronger. Picture yourself growing old together, sitting side by side in rocking chairs on the front porch. Keep that picture in your mind and be determined to enjoy being married.
Have a real good 2013 together and once again, congratulations.
IceCreamTruck
nickfyoung wrote:
Well done, congratulations. There is not enough of that going on anymore. It means commitment, something that is lacking these days.
Remember, it takes commitment to get married and commitment to stay married. It is too easy to just pack it all in at the first sign of trouble or the second or third. Troubles you will have. It is all part of the package but the real marriage will rise above them and just make that commitment stronger. Picture yourself growing old together, sitting side by side in rocking chairs on the front porch. Keep that picture in your mind and be determined to enjoy being married.

Thanks so much! Sound advice that I hope I can live up to! It's already had it's ups and downs, and we are only 3 days in. I think we're going to be ok, cause she loves me even when I'm grumpy and that's saying a lot. I'm not very likable when I'm grumpy! Smile
nickfyoung
IceCreamTruck wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:

Thanks so much! Sound advice that I hope I can live up to! It's already had it's ups and downs, and we are only 3 days in. I think we're going to be ok, cause she loves me even when I'm grumpy and that's saying a lot. I'm not very likable when I'm grumpy! Smile

None of us are very likable when we are grumpy. The real trick is to love her when she is grumpy. I will post you a story I read recently. It is very relevant.

Quote:
"While waiting to pick up a friend at the airport in Portland, Oregon, I had one of those life-changing experiences that you hear other people talk about — the kind that sneaks up on you unexpectedly. This one occurred a mere two feet away from me.

Straining to locate my friend among the passengers deplaning through the jet way, I noticed a man coming toward me carrying two light bags. He stopped right next to me to greet his family.

First he motioned to his youngest son (maybe six years old) as he laid down his bags. They gave each other a long, loving hug. As they separated enough to look in each other’s face, I heard the father say, “It’s so good to see you, son. I missed you so much!” His son smiled somewhat shyly, averted his eyes and replied softly, “Me, too, Dad!”

Then the man stood up, gazed in the eyes of his oldest son (maybe nine or ten) and while cupping his son’s face in his hands said, “You’re already quite the young man. I love you very much, Zach!” They too hugged a most loving, tender hug.

While this was happening, a baby girl (perhaps one or one-and-a-half) was squirming excitedly in her mother’s arms, never once taking her little eyes off the wonderful sight of her returning father. The man said, “Hi, baby girl!” as he gently took the child from her mother. He quickly kissed her face all over and then held her close to his chest while rocking her from side to side. The little girl instantly relaxed and simply laid her head on his shoulder, motionless in pure contentment.

After several moments, he handed his daughter to his oldest son and declared, “I’ve saved the best for last!” and proceeded to give his wife the longest, most passionate kiss I ever remember seeing. He gazed into her eyes for several seconds and then silently mouthed. “I love you so much!” They stared at each other’s eyes, beaming big smiles at one another, while holding both hands.

For an instant they reminded me of newlyweds, but I knew by the age of their kids that they couldn’t possibly be. I puzzled about it for a moment then realized how totally engrossed I was in the wonderful display of unconditional love not more than an arm’s length away from me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable, as if I was invading something sacred, but was amazed to hear my own voice nervously ask, “Wow! How long have you two been married?

“Been together fourteen years total, married twelve of those.” he replied, without breaking his gaze from his lovely wife’s face. “Well then, how long have you been away?” I asked. The man finally turned and looked at me, still beaming his joyous smile. “Two whole days!”

Two days? I was stunned. By the intensity of the greeting, I had assumed he’d been gone for at least several weeks – if not months. I know my expression betrayed me.

I said almost offhandedly, hoping to end my intrusion with some semblance of grace (and to get back to searching for my friend), “I hope my marriage is still that passionate after twelve years!”

The man suddenly stopped smiling.

He looked me straight in the eye, and with forcefulness that burned right into my soul, he told me something that left me a different person. He told me, “Don’t hope, friend… decide!” Then he flashed me his wonderful smile again, shook my hand and said, “God bless!”"http://academictips.org/blogs/dont-hopedecide/
standready
Congratulations to you and your new wife, Ice Cream Truck!
IceCreamTruck
nickfyoung wrote:
“Don’t hope, friend… decide!”

Thanks for that.
IceCreamTruck
standready wrote:
Congratulations to you and your new wife, Ice Cream Truck!

Thanks, Standready!
mathiaus
Congratulations Very Happy

What a great time to get married, being able to start a new life together and year at the same time. Really brings home the fact that things are different from now on..
johans
IceCreamTruck wrote:

congratulation.. best wishes and Good luck.
IceCreamTruck
Thanks to you both! We're excited to celebrate the new years together tonight. We both do not feel the need to go out into the fray tonight, but instead want to stay in and keep setting up for a great year together. Nothing, not even crazy celebration, is worth risking everything, and risks are high tonight. Be safe and enjoy the new year with us! I'm really looking forward to 2013!
rx9876
Congratulation and happy new year!
IceCreamTruck
Thank you! Not long now! Best wishes, everyone!
Cosmoslayer
Congratulations to you sir! Laughing
zaxacongrejo
Congratulations
Helios

I'm just joking! Laughing
Still had to share this little image I found online Smile

Congratulations IceCreamTruck!
I wish you two a long long life together, a big family, a life of love, trust, mutual understanding, many happy moments, success and of course peace in your new home Smile

Good luck and again congratulations!
wellerchap
Many congratulations!

watersoul
Congratulations fella Smile
andro_king
Congratulations IceCreamTruck! Smile
Vanilla
Congratulations, ICT! That's a big decision and I do admire people capable of marrying these days (yeah, not being sarcastic, just being sincere). I wish all the best for you and for Mrs ICT!
RosenCruz
I wish you and your wife a happy life time together ! Wink
deanhills
CONGRATULATIONS! Am VERY happy for you and your significant other ICT. Wishing you loads of happiness, as it is indeed wonderful to be bonded to another individual to the extent you want to share the rest of your lives together.

IceCreamTruck
Thanks to you all! You guys make me laugh, and make me feel good! I can definitely say that this will be the year that I am going places that I have never gone before, but I attempt to do so bravely. With excellent friends like you to support me I have no fear!

I too am wishing you all the best in 2013! The world did not end, so we can survive anything, right? Smile
RosenCruz
We want wedding photos
Insanity
Congratz! It's always fun to see others get married.
metalfreek
Congratulation and have a happy married life. On a side note - Don't get divorced soon. ha ha just kidding Congrats.
spinout
Wish you well!
IceCreamTruck
Thanks again, Everyone! For making this a special time for us! I am wishing you all the best in 2013, and hurry cause we're already a few days in to the year!
deanhills
Right. And congratulations on being married for one week! Very Happy

IceCreamTruck
deanhills wrote:
Right. And congratulations on being married for one week! Very Happy

You know that's right! My one week anniversary is tomorrow! Hmmm, I wonder what that means. Quick, I need ideas on what to do! Smile We're actually out of town in Nashville most of the weekend, so it is possible to take her out to dinner or something, but it's been bad season for saving money because of everything that has happened. I hope I can afford something nice for her!
deanhills
Hmmmm .... how about making dinner for her with candles and stuff. Could be anything from a hamburger to pizza, just some nice ambiance with your favourite music and it's the thought that will be the greatest gift.
IceCreamTruck
RosenCruz wrote:
We want wedding photos

I'll have to work on that! Smile They exist, but I haven't uploaded them yet.
RosenCruz
IceCreamTruck wrote:
RosenCruz wrote:
We want wedding photos

I'll have to work on that! Smile They exist, but I haven't uploaded them yet.

Allright, no hurry Wink
TurtleShell
congratulations!! Weddings are certainly a big thing--a start of something really new and exciting! I'm happy for you!
IceCreamTruck
Thanks, TurtleShell!

OK, so a few people have asked, so I edited down some of the images so it will fit in the forum well. Here you go! Smile

TurtleShell
love the christmas tree in the background:)
IceCreamTruck
TurtleShell wrote:
love the christmas tree in the background:)

I think it's funny that Marilyn Monroe made ALL of my wedding photos, and video. Classic!
TurtleShell
I noticed her too. I love the chair railing in your house. I have a chair railing in my dining room...old fashioned touches like that are nice.
likeabreeze
2013 = 20<3
IceCreamTruck
TurtleShell wrote:
I noticed her too. I love the chair railing in your house. I have a chair railing in my dining room...old fashioned touches like that are nice.

That is the justice of the peace's house. She is apparently a little eclectic, but really nice. We have had a good laugh about the Marilyn Monroe pic.
TurtleShell
wow, you got married at the justice of the peace's house?Smile Is that perhaps a small town thing, or you two are friends?
nickfyoung
Great pics. A beautiful couple. Looks very cold there the way you are all dressed. A good job you didn't try for the traditional white wedding in that temperature. Here's wishing you a glorious future together.
deanhills
Great photos ICT. Just the right size ceremony too. Thanks for posting those. Cool
grofet
congratulation for you i wish for your success
RosenCruz
Awesome couple. I wish you two a perfect life time together. I was expecting some kind of huge ceremonies, flowers and white stuff. This one is surprising Wink
shashwatblack
nickfyoung wrote:

everything i wanted to say..
congratulations..
IceCreamTruck
You guys are really nice. Thanks for the compliments! We are having fun together, but a business trip has required me to jump to Dallas, TX for two weeks right at 1 week and 3 days of marriage. Kinda bummed about that, but there is a chance that I can get her out here, so here is hoping it all works out so she can join me.
jajarvin
Marriage is a smallstep to the universe, but a huge step for an individual.
IceCreamTruck
jajarvin wrote:
Marriage is a smallstep to the universe, but a huge step for an individual.

That is why I got married quickly... so it hurts less! Smile It's like a adhesive bandage that you just have to rip off quickly because it will drive you crazy until it's done. I am relieved that it's over, as I think I would have gone nuts waiting too long.
playfungames
Wow congratulations on getting married. I hope life has taken a new better turn for you.

How is life after marriage? Is it boring or better?

Also, I am at a critical age and I think in a few years I might get married as well. Not sure how that would work for me, as I do not find myself marriage material at all.
apple
congratulations. i wish you guys complete happiness. treat each other the way you want to be treated and life should be bliss Smile
takehousely
congratulations!! wishes more happy and funny in your smal family
inoshi
IceCreamTruck wrote:

Blessings to you both, and to all your families, and to all you come in contact with. May you become a blessing for others.

Blessings,

Inoshi
TheLimey
Congrats.. make it last unlike 70% of all marriages... Mine failed like a boss... So I am probably bitter and twisted about the whole thing. Good luck to ya.
ratanegra
Congratulations! Have a good life and lots of kids.
sudipbanerjee
Congratulation. Best of luck for your new life.