FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Any Star Wars fans here?

hac
Any Star Wars Fans here? I'm a big fan and I'm looking for like minded people but not the too advanced type though Rolling Eyes

- Hac
rip8fan1
I'm a fan of the original trilogy. Haven't gotten into the last trilogy so much yet!

Star Wars III is on DVD Tuesday November 1!!!
diablera
Dunno, I was never a huge fan of the 80s trilogy, either of the newest films. But at least I found 80s series a bit more interesting and surprising than the last ones. I guess in the 80s it was something new and innovator at the same time. Now if you want to see a great space age movie it becomes a bit more difficult.

Cheers!!!! Rolling Eyes
JaeCee
Used to be a big fan as a kid, nowadays I still like 'em, but not as much - growing up kinda exposed the mediocrity of the acting. But they're still good fun.
ashok
me still like the story of the sequel. coming to the movies, i like the last 3 i.e. the first released 3 of 80's. In the recent one revenge of sith, they made it pretty fancy.. like R2D2 having a rocket, oil spitter etc..
rip8fan1
I'm wondering if Mr. Lucas has any plans on doing the final trilogy of this 'epic'.

I'd like to see episodes VII, VIII, and IX, and see what comes out of his imagination for them!
Mr_Grey
I'm a Star Wars geek, but I've said that in about a dozen posts, lol. I Used to own a Star Wars roleplaying site on netfirms. It was called "The Golden Age of the Republic" and we focused on the times before the prequels, when the Jedi ran everything. It kinda went under when all the members wanted to be Jedi and noone wanted to be sith. Go figure.

BTW: rip8fan1, there aren't going to be any more star wars movies, Lucas already stated that on starwars.com
boringest
yup, I'm a Starwars fan! Like most ppl, I prefer the older movies....I think the missing factor could be Han Solo actually!
AardvarkSagus
Big fan here as well. I am even starting to get my son interested in them (not really needing much effort there though). I enjoyed the earlier ones better but was still fond of the new ones because I only went into them expecting spectacle and not Fantabulous storylines and dialog.
SamGung
im a Star Wars fan i love it
5C1
i have all colection `~ keke
anakin gaaaa i love this n also final fastasy..@@
senan
JaeCee wrote:
Used to be a big fan as a kid, nowadays I still like 'em, but not as much - growing up kinda exposed the mediocrity of the acting. But they're still good fun.
Yjaxygames
I really like Star Wars. The storyline is really good.
allthatshaz
I L-O-V-E Star Wars! I am actually disappointed that Lucas isn't going make the last 3 episodes anymore. He was supposed to, but said that he is too old to make them. Oh well. I guess it's up to our imaginations to know what happens after Luke and Lea's reunion!
skandoluzz
im sorta new at the whole star wars thing, but i love it. i have all of the dvds now.
neosree
I too am a lover of Starwars series but not a fan. I like the series very much.
Mariannee
No im not a fan.
Yjaxygames
I'm a fan. All the movies were great. In episode 3 there were some very funny things with R2D2. R2 is a really funny character.

-May the force be with you
Nanks
I'm a fan of all the movies, and the expanded universe. There were a few things that annoyed me about the prequels, but hey they can't be perfect.
I'm glad Lucas isn't making VII, VIII and IX.. how is he supposed to continue the story of Anakin Skywalker without Anakin Skywalker? Wink

Although apparently a TV series is in the works, should be interesting..
Tsubakii
They were some good movies, that is for sure. I think they should make more. They are definately top-notch when it comes to special effects. The story is good too. I wouldn't say I'm a complete fan. More someone who enjoys the movies. No fake light saber duels here. :)
Tsubakii
One thing to note; The first triology definately seemed to have a better story. I mean I didn't like the story in "a new hope" until the end of the movie. But "return of the "jedi" I liked especially.
Goatmonkey
Yes I am a fan. A friend of mine and I are working on a star wars fan film. I have read alot of the books and seen all the movies. My favorite series is the New Jedi Order, because it seems to be the only time the Jedi are back against a wall by an enemy who does not use the Force. What are your favorite books.
picsite
after a long time i just watched the final star wars movie. Not the 6th one the lastest third one. It was kind of messed up how they released them. However, i think that they did it because the first three released star wars movies did so well in theatres and on vhs (yes, its kinda unknown know). SO they decided to make prequels which actually didn't turn out to be to bad....
alkady
Who isnt a star wars fans these days, If you dont know what star wars is then there is a problem. Atleast everyone should know what Star Wars is even if they never saw it or even went near it. I'm a big fan, I got all the DVD's about all of the Star Wars latest game, Battlefront II, Battlefront, Republic Commando, Galactic Battleground ect. The old star wars games are horrible anyway. The only ones I'm missing is games from 1999 and below, Clone War, Jedi Knight, Galaxy and so on. I also have Darth Vader Figurines, Darth light saber replica and Darths halloween costume which I havent worn in years.
Jeff_vella_leone
alkady wrote:
Who isnt a star wars fans these days, If you dont know what star wars is then there is a problem. Atleast everyone should know what Star Wars is even if they never saw it or even went near it. I'm a big fan, I got all the DVD's about all of the Star Wars latest game, Battlefront II, Battlefront, Republic Commando, Galactic Battleground ect. The old star wars games are horrible anyway. The only ones I'm missing is games from 1999 and below, Clone War, Jedi Knight, Galaxy and so on. I also have Darth Vader Figurines, Darth light saber replica and Darths halloween costume which I havent worn in years.

well u seem a fan lol
im a fan too like my father is
i like starwars movies very much too
after reading ur list of SW games, wanted to ask u if u have one of the best SW games in my openion. Which is Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Achademy?
Its an ammasing game
i wish too to have an other triology it would be cool Sad
Hippie
I used to be an uberfan......I've since grown up a bit, but I could probably still talk along side all three originals. Razz
syxxgage
rip8fan1 wrote:
I'm wondering if Mr. Lucas has any plans on doing the final trilogy of this 'epic'.

I'd like to see episodes VII, VIII, and IX, and see what comes out of his imagination for them!

I dont forsee a third trilogy any time soon as each triology consumes 10 years of Lucas' life. However, they are working on a series that will take place between Episode III and Episode IV.
b17
It was a super serie.Star-Wars is my life.But I can't find Star Wars 4,5,6's DVD or VCD's
drunkfun
Jeff_vella_leone wrote:
alkady wrote:

well u seem a fan lol
im a fan too like my father is
i like starwars movies very much too
after reading ur list of SW games, wanted to ask u if u have one of the best SW games in my openion. Which is Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Achademy?
Its an ammasing game
i wish too to have an other triology it would be cool Sad

No, 6 movies is enough, and George Lucas isn't exactly getting any younger and brighter.

I wouldn't mind seeing a TV series though or another spin-off (as with the Ewok) style movie
Dean_The_Great
I was, at a time, one of the largest Star Wars geeks ever. I knew every back story, read all the books and owned the encyclopedias and character guides. I could tell you the middle names of Han and Lea's children. (Although I'd have to look those things up now).

Then, in 1999... tragedy struck. I went to see Phantom Menace on opening day.... and it wasn't that great. I mean, it was alright. But this was the newest STAR WARS movie. The movie that had been anticipated since the release of "Return of the Jedi" onto VHS and BETA. And in my opinion it all boils down to one thing: Lucas' Vision.

George Lucas had a very clear goal when he set out in the late 70's to create A NEW HOPE. He wanted to make an unforgettable movie that had special effects and filming techniques no one had ever seen before. But the story was what was important. Later, in the nineties, he decided to make the films better by enhancing them with CG... Alright, it was cool... but didn't really further the story..

Then Episode I came out and it was just lame. It was all about the CG, and not about the story. Gimick: double-light sabre. Then Episode II came out and it was beyond lame into downright terrible!! Gimick: Yoda Fight Scene. Then Episode III came out... and everyone was excited because it didn't suck. Gimick: Darth Vader (Who is amazing.)

So really, I lost the Star Wars passion with good reason. And absolutely I stand by my decision and hope that he never EVER makes the final three.
kaikou
I like the original 3 that were made, but I do not consider myself a Star Wars fan...and especially not a fan of George Lucas. I was very disappointed by the last 3 movies that came out...very uninspired, in my opinion. Sigh. A well Smile
jockmcgonzo
yeah i'm a starwars fan., and again like most i preferred original trilogy to the prequel trilogy although the lightsaber duels in the prequel triilogy were amazingly well done and worth watching on their own.

shame about some of the dialogue in the prequel trilogy particularly episode II.

Cheers

Jock