FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I am so confused

cooky24
I am so confused
i do not know where i am going
and what i want to do
what i like
what i need
I just live and live, without soul
zaxacongrejo
you need to sleep loll
watersoul
cooky24 wrote:
I am so confused
and what i want to do
what i like
what i need

That should fix one of them Laughing

I'm only teasing in a friendly way though, don't know how old you are but I'm in my 30's and I still don't know what I really want to do, I make it up as I go along and that's the fun adventure side way I view living my life.

I always ask myself two questions when facing any life choice:

Do I really want to do it?
Does it harm anyone else if I try?

'Yes' to the first and 'No' to the second seals the deal for me!

If your mind and body are both in good shape then you can pretty much do anything if you really want it and try hard enough.

...just don't worry, life is a long time and we'll never get all the answers Wink
ratanegra
I know who I am, but I just don't want to do anything exceot live and let inertia take me wherever it wants.
inuyasha
Hmmm... At least we know you are going to Frihost Forums every day (or every other day? Wink ), need food and want to live. Not that bad, isn't it? You don't want to commit suicide~
nickfyoung
watersoul wrote:
cooky24 wrote:
I am so confused
and what i want to do
what i like
what i need

That should fix one of them Laughing

I'm only teasing in a friendly way though, don't know how old you are but I'm in my 30's and I still don't know what I really want to do, I make it up as I go along and that's the fun adventure side way I view living my life.

I always ask myself two questions when facing any life choice:

Do I really want to do it?
Does it harm anyone else if I try?

'Yes' to the first and 'No' to the second seals the deal for me!

If your mind and body are both in good shape then you can pretty much do anything if you really want it and try hard enough.

...just don't worry, life is a long time and we'll never get all the answers Wink

Quote:
just don't worry, life is a long time and we'll never get all the answers Wink

Life used to be a long time. All of a sudden, old age, where did it go. Are there some answers yet. Better be some soon because you are running out of time. Has all this long life been a waste. What was it for. What now as it comes to an end. Always questions. Never answers. Major question now is, life after death. Is there more. If so what is it. Are there choices or just more questions and no answers.
I will be 65 next birthday. Better get some answers soon.
zaxacongrejo
nasa studies about the soul
and the book of deads from tibet
nickfyoung
watersoul wrote:
nickfyoung wrote:
Life used to be a long time. All of a sudden, old age, where did it go. Are there some answers yet. Better be some soon because you are running out of time. Has all this long life been a waste. What was it for. What now as it comes to an end. Always questions. Never answers. Major question now is, life after death. Is there more. If so what is it. Are there choices or just more questions and no answers.

I'm happy enough being worm food with no answers.
I concentrate on making the most of the only life I'm aware of living, now. I've passed some of my genes on, I'm working hard to help my son achieve as much as he can, and if all that remains of me when I die is a mixture of memories and useful energy for detritivores, then that satisfies me enough.

Quote:
I'm working hard to help my son achieve as much as he can,

It would be a bit of a shame if there was more and you didn't discover it in time to pass it on to your son.
watersoul
nickfyoung wrote:
It would be a bit of a shame if there was more and you didn't discover it in time to pass it on to your son.

There is no evidence that there is anything 'more' though so I concentrate on the things that actually make a difference in 'real' life.
He has had an educated awareness of the various religions and spiritual viewpoints around the world through our discussions in life, I leave it up to him to make his own mind up though.
He was not baptised/christened solely because his mother and I did not wish to be hypocrites and pretend we would bring him up with Christian teachings. We discussed it at length and decided that with the multitude of religions in the world, who were we to pick one simply because it is the established church of state in England?
I am glad that his school does not have 'religious education' lessons, rather 'philosophy & applied ethics' - there is plenty of information about different faiths but it is not preached as something factual and I feel he is lucky to avoid the brainwashing found in some of the Christian/State funded schools in the UK.

I have never said 'there are no gods' to him, as such a statement cannot be proved - I do however state that I've never seen or 'felt' a scrap of evidence to convince me there are. To state otherwise would be dishonesty on my part.

If others wish to indoctrinate their children in unsubstantiated faith based teaching that is their concern. I prefer to let my son find his own spiritual path with knowledge of the many many different beliefs of peoples around the world.

As it stands he is a successful student who won his place in a selective state school (secondary/high school) which is in the top ten for academic results in England - the assistance I have given with studies/resources etc are far more valuable to his life than any unproven claims I could make regarding alleged gods.
It is also nice to know that the kindness he shows to others is because he wants to be nice and knows that if everyone acted likewise then the world would be a more lovely place. His compassion is not born from fears of any god or supposed difficult afterlife.

Apologies to the OP for going sooo off topic but you appear to have abandoned this thread anyway, so I assume you will not mind Wink
nickfyoung
[quote="watersoul"]
nickfyoung wrote:

There is no evidence that there is anything 'more' though so I concentrate on the things that actually make a difference in 'real' life.
He has had an educated awareness of the various religions and spiritual viewpoints around the world through our discussions in life, I leave it up to him to make his own mind up though.
He was not baptised/christened solely because his mother and I did not wish to be hypocrites and pretend we would bring him up with Christian teachings. We discussed it at length and decided that with the multitude of religions in the world, who were we to pick one simply because it is the established church of state in England?
I am glad that his school does not have 'religious education' lessons, rather 'philosophy & applied ethics' - there is plenty of information about different faiths but it is not preached as something factual and I feel he is lucky to avoid the brainwashing found in some of the Christian/State funded schools in the UK.

I have never said 'there are no gods' to him, as such a statement cannot be proved - I do however state that I've never seen or 'felt' a scrap of evidence to convince me there are. To state otherwise would be dishonesty on my part.

If others wish to indoctrinate their children in unsubstantiated faith based teaching that is their concern. I prefer to let my son find his own spiritual path with knowledge of the many many different beliefs of peoples around the world.

As it stands he is a successful student who won his place in a selective state school (secondary/high school) which is in the top ten for academic results in England - the assistance I have given with studies/resources etc are far more valuable to his life than any unproven claims I could make regarding alleged gods.
It is also nice to know that the kindness he shows to others is because he wants to be nice and knows that if everyone acted likewise then the world would be a more lovely place. His compassion is not born from fears of any god or supposed difficult afterlife.

Apologies to the OP for going sooo off topic but you appear to have abandoned this thread anyway, so I assume you will not mind Wink[/quot

Quote:

Sounds like you have a good job of parenting for your son and sounds like he is well set to do something worthwhile in life. He has some good ethics instilled and that can only come from good parenting. I wish him well for his future and I know he will continue to make you proud.
watersoul
Ah, cheers Nick, they don't come with instruction books though so we can all only do the best we can as parents Wink
ocalhoun
cooky24 wrote:
I am so confused
and what i want to do
what i like
what i need

Well, I'll give you something to do:

Find what you're good at. Find what you like.
Try lots of different things until you do. You'll never discover your passion staying at home and going through life on autopilot.
watersoul
nickfyoung wrote:

I'm happy enough being worm food with no answers.
I concentrate on making the most of the only life I'm aware of living, now. I've passed some of my genes on, I'm working hard to help my son achieve as much as he can, and if all that remains of me when I die is a mixture of memories and useful energy for detritivores, then that satisfies me enough.
inoshi
cooky24 wrote:
I am so confused
and what i want to do
what i like
what i need

A haiku, a plea, or an oncoming seasonal blues episode?
loveandormoney
cooky24 wrote:
I am so confused
and what i want to do
what i like
what i need

Talk with Your friends about this situation.
This will improve Your mood at once.