FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Gift for marriage

cooky24
My cousin will be married this weekend, and i want to buy a gift for him and her bride. Not too expensive or too cheap, the most important is the regard.What is the best gift? i have no idea about this...cloth? flower? or something else? please give some suggestions to me, thank you
RosenCruz
cooky24 wrote:
My cousin will be married this weekend, and i want to buy a gift for him and her bride. Not too expensive or too cheap, the most important is the regard.What is the best gift? i have no idea about this...cloth? flower? or something else? please give some suggestions to me, thank you

Buy sth that will be useful for the house. Like a cleaner, kitchen tool etc
deanhills
You could make a DVD of shared moments if you have photos available. Make it something special that you made yourself. Or buy a movie or music DVD that you think they'd enjoy.
linux1993
I think you can buy a pair of rings for them to express your benediction. Actually I mean that you can buy a pair of anything indicate they will never be separated.
mathiaus
Traditional in the UK is a toaster. Many people end up with lots of toasters Razz

How well do you know them and what do you know about them? Something more personal than a generic gift would be much appreciated and make you stand out as a good guest Smile
capricornis
Around here it is customary to buy something for the new couple's kitchen. Pots, pans, rice cooker, microwave, juicer, etc.
bennybumkins
I agree with it is often in the UK when gifts are bought for the kitchen or if not maybe a gift voucher for a shop which is kitchen/household item related. Have the Bride and Groom not made a list of gifts they would like to recieve? That is also done a lot here.
spinout
again, scales! Laughing
grofet
people around here in my place used to give money in envelope so they can use it for something they need to continue their life. usually if not money people here will give houseware or electronicware.