FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frihost is Awesome!

Nick2008
Hello Frihost Community,
I became a member back in 2008 and stopped making posts in late 2010. Some unanticipated life events involving family and work required me to step back from participating on the forum and making websites.

I was looking through all of my old gaming stuff yesterday and remembered about the website I had made on Frihost. I recalled having to maintain a certain amount of Frih$ in order to continue hosting, which were awarded based on the quality of posts. I was almost certain that my old website was taken down and that all of its files and history were long gone. I was completely astounded when I saw it was still hosted, fully intact and functional! Absolutely unbelievable, you guys are the best!

Now I see that I have -807.37 points, 819.68 Frih$, and 0.00 Coins. Looks like the coins are a new type of Frih$?

I want to work on making a new website on my current account and domain. I was wondering what my options are in terms of continuing hosting on Frihost? I also have trouble logging into DirectAdmin, I seem to always be kicked out to the login screen. I'm guessing my account has been frozen or something.

Thank you so much, you guys ROCK!!! Very Happy
rx9876
Nick2008 wrote:
Hello Frihost Community,
I was completely astounded when I saw it was still hosted, fully intact and functional! Absolutely unbelievable, you guys are the best!

Now I see that I have -807.37 points, 819.68 Frih$, and 0.00 Coins. Looks like the coins are a new type of Frih$?

Thank you so much, you guys ROCK!!! Very Happy

Renting a host on frihost cost the owner 1 point/day,
you have to keep it above 0 to prevent it from deletion.
You're so lucky that your site are still functional, even your point is -807.37.

I suggest you to contact Bonding directly via forum message or AWAITS,
and backup the site ASAP.
Nick2008
rx9876,
I have messaged Bondings and used 'Create Backup' in DirectAdmin. Is this the correct way to backup the website?
andro_king
Welcome back mate !
Happy that you found your way back to frihost ! Smile
RosenCruz
Glad too see and old member back. Wink
deanhills
Definitely true. Great to see you back! Nick, if you wish you could have your points reset to zero by going into your account to request a reset. If you have not done so already.
Nick2008
Thank you so much for the warm reception andro_king, RosenCruz, and deanhills! I do recall seeing posts from RosenCruz and deanhills a few years back. Deanhills was especially active on the many topics I posted in, it's awesome to see that many of the older members are still here today!

I was not aware that you could reset the points value, but since I have already messaged Bondings about my account I'll wait for his direction first.
cybersa
Good to see old members here.
Once again Welcoming you to this forum. Wink
Enjoy!
Nick2008
Thanks, and also, if I wanted to start anew, could I delete everything in the public_html folder?
cybersa
Nick2008 wrote:
Thanks, and also, if I wanted to start anew, could I delete everything in the public_html folder?

I think bondings will get a new one for you because your hosting get deleted due to long inactive on this forum.
Ghost Rider103
Welcome back! Always good to see members returning to the forums.

I've personally reset your points to you so you can get on track for earning yourself some coins! If you didn't already know, coins are used to buy a TLD (top levels domain, like .com). You obtain coins by going over 45 points. At the end of the day your points are reset back to 45 and excess is converted into coins using some formula I cannot remember. However all you really need to know is that by obtaining more than 45 points, you are sure to earn yourself some coins

Good luck.
Nick2008
Thank you so much Ghost Rider!

If I want to start completely new, can I safely delete everything in the public_html folder and associated databases? Or are there certain files I need to keep?
johans
welcome! yes awesome! Keep posting and active here at frihost.