FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you ever tried Nordic skiing?

jajarvin
I live in Finland. Now we have here plenty of snow. It's time to go skiing Nordic tradition, of course.
Have you ever tried Nordic skiing?
Ankhanu
I used to Nordic (Cross-country) ski all the time in my youth, but I haven't had gear for 15-17 years or so.
It's a lot of fun, and I'd like to get back into it, but, it requires some money to get gear... and we get a lot less snow these days than we did when I was a kid. With that in mind, I'm not sure it'd really be worth the investment.
RosenCruz
I love those Nordic Skijager divisions from the past, WWII. Other than that, I have no idea about Nordic tradition of skiing.

deanhills
RosenCruz wrote:
I love those Nordic Skijager divisions from the past, WWII. Other than that, I have no idea about Nordic tradition of skiing.

Me too. I was pretty taken by them, particularly in adventure novels as well. Cool
jajarvin
Quote:

We Finns remember the cold winter in 1939-1940.

For more information, for example in German: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winterkrieg
RosenCruz
jajarvin wrote:
Quote:

We Finns remember the cold winter in 1939-1940.

For more information, for example in German: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winterkrieg

I remember a Finn sniper taking down lots of Soviet soldiers. He was a hero. Heroic times for one of my fav Nordic countries Rolling Eyes
Peterssidan
I could not remember me cross-country skiing but yesterday I did, with old wooden skis, without wax. It was very hard to turn so I fell many times.
RoylanM
I was a pretty good skiing back in my day. I have not picked up the gear for about 7 years so I'd be horrible now. But I'd still be able hit air.That was when I was younger.