FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Have you visited the Statue of Liberty?

jajarvin
I visited the Statue of Liberty in January 1974.
dharmin
I have visited the statue of Liberty, but not the one in America... Very Happy
I visited the replica of statue of liberty when i visited England..
It was in Leicester, if I'm not mistaken..It was not as big as the original, its only about as big as a 4 story building...

I hope i can visit America next vacation and see the real deal..
Mr_Howl
I visited a few years ago. It was fun. If you get there early enough, you can climb the stairs inside the statue (they stop letting people do this after a while, for some reason). There was a long line of people waiting for the elevator. Razz

The view is very nice, with a clear view of the New York and Jersey City skylines. It was very crowded though.

I believe you can also go higher if you pay for a special pass, maybe even all the way to top.
wellerchap
I visited the one in Paris (the original?) in 1979 - during a school trip from England to France.
It has an interesting history, which you can read http://www.europeword.com/blog/europe/european-statue-of-liberty/ if you wish.

deanhills
Darn, I never realized it was a copy, or maybe it was the original and the first one in France a mock-up model ....! Thanks for posting the link wellerchap - VERY interesting article! Cool
wellerchap
Well, I'm pretty sure that's Paris.....I don't think it's the Blackpool Tower, in the distance Very Happy
mikeperhem1
Yes, I visited the Statue of Liberty few years age during a college trip.
amagard
Have been there in September 1997. At this time the twin towers still could be seen from there.

My wife and I did a four weeks trip that year thru the NorthEast of the States, from Washington D.C. up to Maine, then back via Vermont and Niagra Falls to New York City. Pictures are here.

We have been in Paris last year but missed to see the Statue Of Liberty there.