FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

help with tablet decision

standready
I have decided to purchase a 'simple' tablet. Too many questions? Primary use public wi-fi to check e-mail, get maps, etc. so looking to staying around 100 USD. Maybe e-book app for some reading.
Should I go windows, andriod or apple? Windows PC at home. See so brands - which one is most stable? Camera might be nice to skpe (if that is possible)?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
standready
Well, I bought a 4sight 9 inch Android tablet. So far I like it. I have a capacitive stylus pen coming to use with the tablet. Picked up a soft case. Had to install an older version Kindle since newest version was not loading properly. Toying with adding Google Voice.
johans
i have samsung galaxy 10.1 and its very fast and good in business and playing games.
dano
standready wrote:
I have decided to purchase a 'simple' tablet. Too many questions? Primary use public wi-fi to check e-mail, get maps, etc. so looking to staying around 100 USD. Maybe e-book app for some reading.
Should I go windows, andriod or apple? Windows PC at home. See so brands - which one is most stable? Camera might be nice to skpe (if that is possible)?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

For a 100USD and for the primary uses you've stated you would be best served by the BlackBerry Playbook? I have 2 and am quite content. Furthermore they will be getting a real boost at the end of this month with more support for BlackBerry 10 (The primary OS of the playbook)

Public Wi-fi - check
Email - check
maps - check (google maps)
camera to "chat" - check (Skype is another issue but for 100 bucks you get a 16GB device)
e-book - check (KOBO)

Apple > 400 USD
ANDROID - approx 199

Alternatively if you want to spend a lil extra I would choose the android tablet over the apple any day.
Galaxy Nexus 7 or any of the Galaxy type brands...

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Daniel
chasbeen
I just posted on my experience of buying new tablets.
I did not like that my old app store pass had to be "reviewed" before I could download free Skype and that the new version iPad wanted credit card details as a mandatory field.

The Samsung Galaxy could not completely run Skype which was the main software my wife bought it so she could talk to the kiddies.

I suppose tablets aren't everybodies cup of tea.
She bought a laptop in the end.
sysna
i recommend you android tablet but for 100$ it is hard to find one, because in my opinion android tablet should be a nexus so you will get updates sooner than anyone else and you don't have to wait decades to see if your brand gonna update your android or not.

So my suggestion for you is to wait for new Nexus tablet which will be 99$ and it will be THE MOST you can get by that money so it worth to wait.