FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you take it easy after a hard day?

jajarvin
I go for a walk and after that I cook a good dinner.
nickfyoung
Too old to have hard days now. Usually fall asleep on the couch watching the early news. I guess that is because I don't get much sleep during the night because when my prostrate is playing up I am up every hour going to the loo.
The joys of getting old. The poor old body starts to wear out. It has served me well over the years as I have worked it pretty hard. Being a builder when I was young was pretty tough on my body and I put in some hard days then. Imagine mixing concrete all day with a small mixer. Shoveling gravel and cement all day. No ready mix trucks those days. Still, I can still potter in the garden and do stuff a little at a time as long as I don't overdo it. Then my back goes out and I am not mobile for days. I spend a bit of time on this computer but not too long at once as my eyes will ache and my bum will get a rash from sitting too long.
But life is good. I have a roof over my head, three squares a day and a wonderful wife to look after me. What more could one want.
bennybumkins
I like to get a bit of fresh air and like to sit down and unwind usually have a chat with my partner. Sometimes it depends on my mood I will play video games or listen to my favourite music. Going for a long walk always clears my head though except the English weather isn't great for walks at the moment Sad .
LxGoodies
Quote:

Get into the train home.. and be online asap.. it really relaxes me to browse Facebook and all of my favorite forums (ca 10-12 sites) to see what I missed Smile

Lx
zaxacongrejo
No and unfortunately to me and the others Im quite explosive
LxGoodies
zaxacongrejo wrote:
No

zaxacongrejo wrote:
I'm quite explosive

Ahh you don't take it easy after a hard day Laughing
zaxacongrejo
no way and yesterday it was a bad day
LxGoodies
Wow Shocked don't explode please

(and I wish you a better 2013 Wink )

Lx
zaxacongrejo
thanks happy new year to you
standready
I enjoy taking a walking when the weather is nice. Now, I just sit down at the piano and play away the thoughts of the day.
Sabbadon
After an hard working day I like to go home, relaxing playing world of warcraft drinking a beer before dinner Smile
dude_xyx
shower and order something good from a takeaway. Reading a good book always work. I do like walking too but in town areas not so much great things to see around.
codegeek
I read a book, play some chess, watch a movie, or do some simple programming. I have grown fond of Baghchal these days. It's a strategy game, sort of like chess. The strategy is simpler than chess and I'm trying to figure out some general positional rules to abide by, as there seems to be very less written about it. So, if you want a fresh strategy game to play, which has not been exhaustively analyzed (at least not to the extent of the popular ones), you might like it.
billgates
I read business books. I want to be like bill gates so I read his books!
Vanilla
I listen to music (usually this one, because tis my #1 track when I need to relax) and I log on tumblr and just browse until I'm able to forget about everything. When I'm among people I trust, I drink quite a lot.
twotrophy
I usually eat chocolate or some yougart after a hard day. Turning on the television also helps for me. Different things probably work for different people. Just please make sure that it isn't something bad like alcohol or smoking. It will just make it worse and harm your health. Good luck in finding out what helps you out.
TBONE251
I love to just sit my butt down and play some video games. All night. Smile
Vanilla
twotrophy wrote:
I usually eat chocolate or some yougart after a hard day. Turning on the television also helps for me. Different things probably work for different people. Just please make sure that it isn't something bad like alcohol or smoking. It will just make it worse and harm your health. Good luck in finding out what helps you out.

You reminded me of two other things I do to relax too: chocolate and cigarettes. I tend to eat a lot of white chocolate when I'm having my PMS. Cigarettes are like my last resort. I only smoke when I'm really nervous/anxious. I know it's harmful but I understand and I'm really only harming myself, so I don't care much.
Insanity
I sometimes like to cook after a long day too, but not usually. I feel that after working hard the whole day, the last thing I want to do is spend more energy doing some work, regardless of how enjoyable that work might be. I just want to flop down on my couch and zone out on some TV or maybe play some games on my computer. Things that generally don't require too much energy and thinking. Or sometimes I like to just relax with my guitar or a nice book.
Radar
Wish I had a fixed answer to this question. I think I'm still figuring it out.
Stay_Classy
I seriously chill by checking twitter and programming. I play some computer games, etc., but I'm nerdy enough that thinking about programming problems is enjoyable.
Bluedoll
I find the basics work well for me. Exercise, good food, go somewhere outside, and different forms of entertainment. I have to make an actually constipated effort to do something that I am comfortable know has worked for me in the past. Sometimes computer usage helps. It depends really on my mood.
limpands
I just sit back and relaxing in front of the computer.
It feels soooooo good after a long day. Very Happy
iheartelha
whenever i had a long tiring day, i just sit in my couch, and eat my comfort foods while watching movies. works the same when i'm having a heartache. haha
limpands
Prograiming always works
onebadpenny
I save all my hard days up and then I go fishing Very Happy
mshafiq
i am found of sleep.so on weekened i want to sleep more
crazyfffan
To me I watch some comedy, or scientific documentary. Avoid watching tragedy/horror films...
conroyaj
Depends on what you mean by a hard day. Being in the IT profession there are plenty of times where I may end up working 12-13 hours a day because something broke or went wrong and the clients need that fixed. If I leave my house at 8:00 and then get home around 730 or 8 normally the pup and the wife are already getting ready for bed. Most of the time if that happens I take the pup for a short walk, rather than our 1.75-3 mile walks we normally take and then just go to sleep. Other times I may come home and sit down and just have a beer.
Minamii
take a nap 10 hours Laughing
Gregoric
Most important thing for me to fulfill after a hard day is sleeping well. So, whatever I do, I ensure that it won't disturb my sleeping time (like: I do not drink coffee or eat too much in the evening Wink). Sleeping is one of few 'ultimate cures' that 'heal my soul' after a long day - almost 6 hours.

Secondly, I would enumerate physical excersising. Whether it is running or doing some simple excersises at home like push-ups or similar - it works greatly. Clears up my mind and makes sleeping (above) even more successful.

Last but not least is music - lying on sofa with some earphones and literally random music is so relaxing Wink
jajathanja
One of the firsts - cooking (and eating) usually does the job for me... and wow so does napping... yipeee... Some music here and there is ok too....

dalepeart
Sounds strange but I like to go hard at the gym. The workout is a huge stress reliever and completely calms, relaxes and refreshes me.
raaeft1
I play Zynga games;watch serials on Fox Crime particularly Point of interest,CSI and Tarak Mehta on SAB TV.
I also listen to inspirational music to relax and meditate. Sometimes, I also read novels.
12phabie
a nice cool bath drawn by the husband or a really crazy chilled lime margarita. yes a good drink and some good laugh with friends always make me feel better. Also workout. I do my Insanity or my Zumba session from time to time if I am stressed out at work and it really does make me feel better. Also calling family members and friends on the phone for some chat or just to ask how the day was for them in a weird way makes me feel relaxed....knowing that my family and friends are ok always makes me feel much better about my day. And off course there is a good episode of family guy, chapelle show or something funny of the sort and to wrap it up an awesome margarita off course, then a long nap.
Chronoglide
I just sit down and look at something, preferably something outside. That's how I cool down after a long and hard day. Just looking at people going about their business.
mshafiq
Come home have a good dinner with family.play for awhile with kids and sleep at least eight hours.
mshafiq
Me too same take a nap for long time
jamesparker
I just lay down to have some relax...
Insanity
I like to break out a cold beer... I find it helps a lot after a long day. This was especially the case when I was working in a restaurant and having to stand around all day. That first pull of beer after collapsing at home cannot be compared to. The feeling of relaxation and of getting a job finished after a lot of hard work.
DaphneyIT
nickfyoung wrote:
Too old to have hard days now. Usually fall asleep on the couch watching the early news. I guess that is because I don't get much sleep during the night because when my prostrate is playing up I am up every hour going to the loo.
The joys of getting old. The poor old body starts to wear out. It has served me well over the years as I have worked it pretty hard. Being a builder when I was young was pretty tough on my body and I put in some hard days then. Imagine mixing concrete all day with a small mixer. Shoveling gravel and cement all day. No ready mix trucks those days. Still, I can still potter in the garden and do stuff a little at a time as long as I don't overdo it. Then my back goes out and I am not mobile for days. I spend a bit of time on this computer but not too long at once as my eyes will ache and my bum will get a rash from sitting too long.
But life is good. I have a roof over my head, three squares a day and a wonderful wife to look after me. What more could one want.

I am fully agree with nickfyoung. Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work.
pravojednostavno
I drink a beer
deanhills
I zone out with Frihost.
mshafiq
take rest for almost 8 hours.
Iceaxe0410
After a hard day, I usually go to sleep. Days like that usually means I didn't sleep the day before. I just crash after all the work is done. End up sleeping more than 12 hours sometimes even 24 hours if I have a day off. I don't do this so much now, since I have to keep to a strict schedule. Nothing like sleep to get rid of all the tension and stress.
Annettekroghhansen
I take a swim in the nearest lake. And the most important: dont turn on the television. It steals your precious time!
mshafiq
I generally try to go at a calm place where I can listen to the sound of water waves. That is amazing!