FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you believe the film 2012?

cooky24
There is a film called 2012, it said that there will be the end of the world in 21,12,2012, now is 19, if this is true, we only have two days to alive. but i do not believe this, this is just a commercial speculation
Marcuzzo
all that was said was 21/12/2012... but at what time? 12:12? 21:12? 20:12 00:00? and in what timezone? Very Happy
deanhills
Marcuzzo wrote:
all that was said was 21/12/2012... but at what time? 12:12? 21:12? 20:12 00:00? and in what timezone? Very Happy

Not sure whether this one is accurate, but here is a date and time countdown clock:
http://www.december212012.com/CDC.htm

As far as I can gather it will be 11:00 a.m. in London, so maybe 12:00 in Belgium? And 3:00 p.m. in the UAE where I am.

In New York it will be 6:00 a.m.?
If you look at the world clock
spinout
I believe it but not just in that time but a bit of delay... The earth core have to switch over and it takes some time....
standready
I do not believe the movie. Of course, if I am wrong, we won't be here to 'ha! ha!' in my face either.
Marcuzzo
deanhills wrote:
Marcuzzo wrote:

Not sure whether this one is accurate, but here is a date and time countdown clock:
http://www.december212012.com/CDC.htm

now it says 20000 days until december 21 2012 Laughing
fouadCh
cooky24 wrote:
There is a film called 2012, it said that there will be the end of the world in 21,12,2012, now is 19, if this is true, we only have two days to alive. but i do not believe this, this is just a commercial speculation

A movie is a movie, meaning a fiction !.. and It's never about believing if something is true or not !.. But, It's an opportunity for reflection about the "what If" thing.. It has It's merit as a strategy to bring people to pause for a moment and try to reflect about something beyond their daily business/routines..
amagard
Easy to answer now after we exceeded the count down: no, I don't believe in this. Laughing
Actually I did not believe in this before.
Here is a nice video by NASA to answer a few of the questions why the world did not end:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QY_Gc1bF8ds][/youtube]
( BTW: how is this youtube tag in Frihost forums supposed to work ?? )

If I recall that movie it was about Neutrinos sent out from sun heating up the core of our planet ?
As far as I have heard Neutrinos don't interact with any material much, which is the reason why they are so hard to detect. Thus: the scientific background of that movie probably had been quiet unrealistic.
deanhills
amagard wrote:
Easy to answer now after we exceeded the count down: no, I don't believe in this. Laughing
Actually I did not believe in this before.
Here is a nice video by NASA to answer a few of the questions why the world did not end:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QY_Gc1bF8ds][/youtube]
( BTW: how is this youtube tag in Frihost forums supposed to work ?? )
You take the alphabet part (in red) after the v= and put the alphabet part only in youtube tags, like so:

amagard
Ah, good to know for the future ! Thanks, deanhills !
jajarvin
This film was shown in Finnish TV on 21th of December 2012. The film was ok, but I did not believe the story.