FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Difference between SEO and SEM

Crystee
SEO which refers to anything you do on your website to make it more user friendly and famous ,whereas SEM stands for search engine marketing, it works as a cover which refers to anything you do to get your page get a high rank in search engine from SEO services to getting back links to URL submissions at search engines.
martinsherman
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization
In their simplest form SEO is what you do to your site.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of increasing a web site’s rank and the amount of quality traffic sent to it via the organic search results of a search engine for specific keywords by optimizing various elements of each web page within a site.

SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing.
SEM is what you do outside of your site.
Search Engine Marketing is the process of researching and positioning a web site within search engines to achieve maximum exposure. A SEM campaign includes SEO, paid inclusion, pay-per-click, and other related services that will increase qualified traffic to your web site.
Radar
This is interesting. I've naturally heard of SEO, but not of the other term.

Thanks for the lesson.
zimmer
martinsherman wrote:
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization
In their simplest form SEO is what you do to your site.
Search Engine Optimization is the process of increasing a web site’s rank and the amount of quality traffic sent to it via the organic search results of a search engine for specific keywords by optimizing various elements of each web page within a site.

SEM is what you do outside of your site.
Search Engine Marketing is the process of researching and positioning a web site within search engines to achieve maximum exposure. A SEM campaign includes SEO, paid inclusion, pay-per-click, and other related services that will increase qualified traffic to your web site.

nice post. now i have learn a new Information technology terminologies. Now i know what i want. Very Happy
Watson9
SEO stand for Search engine Optimization.
Within their simplest variety SEO is usually everything you accomplish for your web page. Search engine ranking is the strategy of growing a world-wide-web site’s get ranking as well as how much quality site visitors deliver to the idea via your natural search engine results of the search engines.
Search engine marketing is the strategy of studying as well as placing a site in search engines to achieve optimum subjection.
aizelcaroline
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it refers to the process of increasing your website’s search engine ranking for a specific keyword or set of keywords.

SEM stands Search engine marketing is the strategy to increase your traffic and sales through the search engine channel. Search engine marketing includes the tactic SEO and the tactic Paid Search.
dolfinchris
SEO and SEM both have same benefits As they are part of internet marketing.Having same motive of traffic generation they play important role in website ranking. SEM is simply the practice of paying a search engine or a web directory to add a site to its database immediately.But SEO must be your first step in promoting your site.Because it is opposite of SEM and you need not to pay any amount for adding your site to its database.