FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best Building in the World

The Profile
Bit of a weird question. What is your best building in the world??

Mines probably Durham Cathedral!
Che
you should define "best" there are many things that could imply. Perhaps you mean, "the coolest looking" or "the most eccentric" or "the needed the most"... Wink
The Profile
Fine... Best is the one of which you would most like to visit
yoryenathan
home
The Profile
Fair enough
Che
yoryenathan wrote:
home

Agree... there was this cuban poet, jose marti, who said something like: "There is not a better castle for the family man as home itself"
falconfx
I'd like to visit the Petronas Towers. Very Happy

I think they're a very cool building.
bao
I think the best building is GREAT WALL. Laughing
soulman
there is no one best in the world...

every country have its own culture and development, and their best building. these all are the harvest of human civilization. it's meaningless to compare with them...
n0obie4life
I'm with the above post. There's no best.

It's all personal preferences.
wistom
i think there is no best. only the more better.
well, I think the better building is GREAT WALL and the Empert.
Monkeydog
One of them giant arcades in Japan Razz
klingoncowboy4
This building Very Happy

nilsmo
n0obie4life wrote:
It's all personal preferences.

Everybody has their own best building, and the other asked for "your" best building... So he's asking for your person preference. I say the best building is... I don't know...
DJHicks
Herbal in Shoreditch - london!

great place, great atmosphere and great fello ravers!

its quite small but because of the nights they put on u get a dedicated crowd, unlike local clubs were people are just there to get pissed then shag or fight!

at herbal people are there for the music! and its great, never seen any trouble there!
Dark_Jedi06
I've always wanted to visit the Colosseum...and the Parthenon...and just about any other ancient building in Greece or Rome. Razz

I don't need any of these fancy steel and glass buildings. Wink
psycosquirrel
I would have to say...

Hmm, it is hard to decide. Someone said it is based on personal preference; this is definently true.

At the moment, I cannot think of any specific place I would rather see than where I am now.
neosree
According to me, the best building is Petronas twin towers in malesia.
The next one : gone with the wind!! on "september 11"
criticaldensity
My FAVOURITE, (not best, as I didnt build it) is the Sears building in Chicago.
nfuriate
The Alton Towers monorail station....LOL. Feels good knowing your going to spend a whole day in Alton Towers. Laughing
pixelsmack
Bullring in birmingham is quite spectacular despite the stick Selfridges gets. i don't know if thats my faverote building in the world however it is a nice attractive place.
wutangdan
Ely Cathedral (Cambridgeshire UK), not only a classic example of Norman architecture, but featured on a Pink Floyd cover (The Division Bell). The only other building to share the accolade is Battersea Power Station and look at wonderful that building is Wink
That is discouning the wall on the cover of The Wall, that doesn't count, its a wall.
soulman
klingoncowboy4 wrote:
This building Very Happy

Google Map..... that's a funny picture
mr.e
My favorite building is the one that houses the server that hosts my website.
yzy
Sitsang-budalagong
White house
Colosseum
the Imperial Palace
planet
The Planets (my farm) but aside for that, La Sagrada Familia (Church) in Barcelona, Spain (Architect Antoni Gaudi).
johnabraham
u should see some of the new buildings coming up in the dubai, bahrain and in east asia...they look fantastic, all man made islands, with multistorey buildings/complex for residential purposes, financial buildings, offices etc etc...i got some of the pics via email, coz my dad is planning to open some offices in some of these places, so he got the images and they look fab Smile
morningstar
@ all,

my favorite is the springfield tire fire Wink
chargoyle
I'd have to say the best building in the world would be classified as the one that has the greatest impact on oneself, whether it's an inspiration or a place of remembrance. That being said, I would have to say that the Sydney Opera House is the 'best' building in the world. Thinking of all of the things it has seen and presented to people, it represents the artistic, musical and theatrical abilities of an entire country. The instant someone sees the building, they know it's Australian and it has always been one of my favorite things to look at.