FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What do you do on Christmas day?

johans
I am just curious on other areas outside on the Philippines on what you usually do on the day of Christmas like 24 midnight and 25 day?

Here in the Philippines usually waiting for 12 midnight watching fireworks in welcoming 25th day of December. Of course eating a lot together with families.

How about you?
standready
Sadly, I do nothing! Usually no family close by and I don't feel right intruding on friends even with an invitation (that is their time with family).
Insanity
Spend it at home with my family. It's one of those few times that you relaly appreciate the whole family pirit.
deanhills
I'll be talking to family and friends on the phone and probably think of them most of the day, and hopefully be in Oman walking the Corniche trail. Haven't made any bookings yet, but I'm thinking in that direction.
Cosmoslayer
Sleep after eating cause I'm not celebrating it, guess why? Very Happy
spinout
Christmas eve is the big holiday here, then santa comes at even/night. Christmas day and the day after that is party time. The biggest alco weekender is midsummer but to the old tradition the 13 day was the next to biggest, but that tradition has been changed.
rjraaz
Truly, It will be as like other holiday as we have in a year.
zaxacongrejo
i stay with family and i only check things 2 or 3 times loll
nickfyoung
Christmas day in Australia is usually a big get together day with family. They generally take it in turns hosting it although Mum still plays a big part in the cooking and preparing. No one cooks as good as Mum unless it is grandma.
It is usually very hot here on Christmas day so many families opt to get together at the beach for their feast and then swim and cricket games on the sand. This involves a family member heading for the favorite spot at dawn and staking out the area they want for their get together. Many public beaches have shaded seating and BBQs so these are reserved very early.
The feast for lunch usually involves the BBQ and a favorite is prawns cooked on the 'barbie'. This accompanied by steak and sausage and lots of salads and coldslaws and of course, all washed down with many beers and glasses of wine.
All the presents have been opened at dawn around the Christmas tree.
grofet
i enjoy 2 days without work in office and do nothing
i dont celebrate chrismast
linux1993
johans wrote:
I am just curious on other areas outside on the Philippines on what you usually do on the day of Christmas like 24 midnight and 25 day?

Here in the Philippines usually waiting for 12 midnight watching fireworks in welcoming 25th day of December. Of course eating a lot together with families.

How about you?
Actually, I'm going to buy a Google Nexus 4 on Christmas day, But I think I can't archive this. Store of Google Play is empty again. I really have to buy one next year.
jajarvin
I take it easy and eat a lot.
RosenCruz
Lots of booze, fun, at home. Wink
inuyasha
Preparing for loads of final examinations~ T_T It's commonly seen here~ Every student does~
deanhills
Whooping it up in Muscat, Oman. Lovely weather. Sense a bit of festive season here too, but shops and businesses are open as per usual of course.
jajarvin
I eat a lot and read a little.
Peterssidan
We take turns so one year (this year) we meet the relatives on my father's side on Christmas eve and next year we go to meet the relatives on my mother's side on Christmas eve. On Christmas day or the day after we usually visit the relatives that we didn't visit on Christmas eve. Both occasions are quite similar with lots of Christmas food. Santa used to come and distribute the Christmas presents (at least on Christmas eve) but now most of us are old enough so we don't need Santa to do that.

There are some TV programs that they always show on Christmas eve that we use to see, but most important is Donald Duck that is shown at 15:00.
linux1993
In China mainland, we don't celebrate Christmas, especially in university, teachers ban any party that day. They are afraid of unexpected thing .
deanhills
linux1993 wrote:
In China mainland, we don't celebrate Christmas, especially in university, teachers ban any party that day. They are afraid of unexpected thing .
The Omanis have been congratulating every one for Christmas. Last night some exuberant Omanis were even leaning out of their car shouting Merry Xmas. Very friendly guys here, and pretty fearless.
TheGremlyn
I might be an adult but where Christmas is concerned I'm a child all over again. The night before I usually have trouble sleeping because I'm so excited because I want the morning to come, but I'm also torn because I don't want it to be Christmas day because it will be over too soon.

When it's finally morning I'm usually up really early (5AM) and I have to wait until the rest of the family is up (I'm usually at my parents house for Christmas). Usually, as the kids, we're not allowed downstairs where the tree is because it has to be a surprise. So I'm usually upstairs wearing a hole in the hallway floor upstairs because I'm walking about waiting for everyone to be up so we can go and open presents. This routine has changed a little since we can go downstairs now because everything is wrapped up nicely and we're adults now.

I think it's around 9AM when we can finally go in and seat ourselves somewhere in the living room and grab our stockings and dump those out to see what little things we got (body wash, lotion, candy, razor blades if you're a guy, gift cards and who knows what else). Then one of us is appointed the gift giver person and they dig around the tree and pull out a present for each person. That usually lasts for a few rounds and pictures and videos have to be taken.

After the presents have been opened we clean up and then we go off and do our own thing. My mom gets dinner cooking (turkey first and the stuffing because those takes several hours). Eventually my sister and I set up the table and we continue to do our own thing until dinner is ready. When everyone is at the table we all start piling on the food from the bowls and plates closet to us and then we pass everything around until everyone has some of everything. Then we dig in!

Cleanup is shared between the whole family but it's usually my dad who cleans the dishes. My mom, sister, grandma and myself sit around for a tea and then we do one last gift exchange and then we're done.

Then I'm sad because Christmas is over and all the other days until Christmas are the same... Except Thanks Giving... Easter... Birthdays...
coolclay
My Christmas day consists of visiting family, gorging myself with food, and then driving to 20 hours to Florida on Christmas night to visit my Grandmother!

It's a long drive but family has been doing it every year since I was born so it's become a tradition to say the least. I've always enjoyed road trips anyway so its a fun time!