FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

the BEST way to learn html css javascript jquery python ruby

firstroad
when i wanted to learn programming or at least scripting, i was always finding ebooks or tutorials on how to learn it when i finally found the really best way to learn... http://codecademy.com
As they say
Quote:
Codecademy is the easiest way to learn to code. It's interactive, fun, and you can do it with your friends.

wikipedia says:
Quote:
Codecademy is an online interactive platform that offers free coding classes in programming languages like Python and Javascript, as well as markup languages including HTML, and CSS.

let me tell you more... interactive means that you are given some information but some... not a whole a page full of words... you are given some examples and then you are told what to do in the editor for excercise so to test if you really learned... there are also tips for more help

when it says free... it MEANS it... they only thing you have to do is register... you can also register with some social networking sites and share the world what you learned... this site is doesn't even have advertisements because famous contributors back it up...

I hpe you learn a lot of things from this WEB academy
http://codecademy.com
cybersa
I tried Codecademy.
Really very interesting way of teaching.
I like it.
Helpful for newbies.
codegeek
I am planning to start learning python very soon. Does codeacademy offer python tutorials? If so, has anybody tried it, and would you recommend it? what are my best alternatives?
c'tair
I can't quite speak about codeacademy as that site never really did it for me, but I can recommend Learn Python the Hard Way by Z. Shaw. It covers a lot of ground that goes beyond just learning a bunch of syntax as it covers the basics of object oriented programming and unit testing which are extremely important topics.
Arrogant
Codeacademy is a great site to learn stuffs.
I am currently learning PHP and it has been very useful.
It provides alot of information about what to do, how to do