FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New frihost ad space

andro_king
I was surprised to see ads on the frihost website.
Have anyone here seen ads on frihost website?
It refers me to googleadservices.
Peterssidan
Frihost have had ads for as long as I can remember. That's how they earn money. A few years ago it was only visible if you was logged out but now there are some ads for the logged in users too.
RosenCruz
I support ads to keep this nice free service going.
IceCreamTruck
RosenCruz wrote:
I support ads to keep this nice free service going.

Keep up the good work! Nice avatar, where'd you get it?!? Wink
zaxacongrejo
i use to click them, only takes some seconds and funds frihost why do you guys do the same?
andro_king
Its the first time i am seeing an ad on frihost.
I think bonding is using Google adsense service. Wink
andro_king
Peterssidan wrote:
Frihost have had ads for as long as I can remember. That's how they earn money. A few years ago it was only visible if you was logged out but now there are some ads for the logged in users too.

How much will frihost earn ?.
I guess they earn huge that's why they are providing free domain registrations of top level domains. Wink
Ghost Rider103
andro_king wrote:
Its the first time i am seeing an ad on frihost.
I think bonding is using Google adsense service. Wink

The ads have been on the website for as long as I can remember. If you are logged out and are browsing the forums, you'll actually see more ads being a bit more prominent. If youre logged in the ads are blended into the design quite well. See the bottom of this page, there is an ad there. It's been there for a long time.

If you're talking about the home page, I believe Bondings was experimenting with placements of new ads on the home page. The one on there now is somewhat new.
andro_king
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

The ads have been on the website for as long as I can remember. If you are logged out and are browsing the forums, you'll actually see more ads being a bit more prominent. If youre logged in the ads are blended into the design quite well. See the bottom of this page, there is an ad there. It's been there for a long time.

If you're talking about the home page, I believe Bondings was experimenting with placements of new ads on the home page. The one on there now is somewhat new.

I haven't seen the ad on the homepage before.
I guess i have seen the ad on the bottom of the page before. Wink
zaxacongrejo
dont forget to click them at least once a day hm Very Happy
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
If youre logged in the ads are blended into the design quite well.
Agreed. They are very subtle indeed. That's probably why some haven't noticed them. One is not aware of the ads.

Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I've noticed the ones on the home page right towards the top of the page. I've even clicked on those as they seemed to be very close in content to Frihost. Can't help but wonder whether Google tries to match the advertisement with the content of the page, and somehow has ads running that may be in competition with Frihost. Probably not completely in competition as they charge for their design services, but perhaps you could check it out: www.simplesite.com. At a minimum it does take the visitor away from Frihost. As it involves a winding road of clicks to arrive at the "simple site".

Below is a copy of the advertisement I'm referring to:

Note: Guess my link above to the page that the link in the advertisement goes to is going to win some extra brownie clicks for Frihost. Wait a minute. This is a UAE search, so wonder whether you'll be getting the same advertisement in the US and in Europe as I am getting in the UAE?
Peterssidan
zaxacongrejo wrote:
i use to click them, only takes some seconds and funds frihost why do you guys do the same?
zaxacongrejo wrote:
dont forget to click them at least once a day hm Very Happy
I never click the ads. I have heard that Google has very advanced algorithms to detect invalid clicks and that it could do more harm than good clicking the ads regularly. Now I don't know how much of this is true but I just feel that it's probably not a good idea to recommend people to click the ads.
Ghost Rider103
deanhills wrote:
I've noticed the ones on the home page right towards the top of the page. I've even clicked on those as they seemed to be very close in content to Frihost. Can't help but wonder whether Google tries to match the advertisement with the content of the page, and somehow has ads running that may be in competition with Frihost. Probably not completely in competition as they charge for their design services, but perhaps you could check it out: www.simplesite.com. At a minimum it does take the visitor away from Frihost. As it involves a winding road of clicks to arrive at the "simple site".

I'm pretty sure that Google has a way of displaying adds based upon key words so ads appearing on the site will generally have to do with web hosting in one way or another. I don't think it is planned to make the advertisements directly in compeititon with the website displaying the ad but it probably happens often.

Quote:
Note: Guess my link above to the page that the link in the advertisement goes to is going to win some extra brownie clicks for Frihost. Wait a minute. This is a UAE search, so wonder whether you'll be getting the same advertisement in the US and in Europe as I am getting in the UAE?

Not sure. I suppose it's possible the ads are displaying based on the viewers location.

Edit: I said that Google has a way of doing such things. I'm not 100% sure that Bondings is using Google Ads for the home page or not. I just assumed.
inuyasha
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Not sure. I suppose it's possible the ads are displaying based on the viewers location.

Yes, it is. Simply because I usually see ads in Chinese on Frihost. Very Happy But it's not always like this.
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
I don't think it is planned to make the advertisements directly in compeititon with the website displaying the ad but it probably happens often.
Agreed. I'm also pretty sure I must be an exception to be intrigued by an ad like that, enough to check it out click by click for at least five steps. At least the clicks I made hopefully will be earning Frihost some ad revenue.
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
I never click the ads. I have heard that Google has very advanced algorithms to detect invalid clicks and that it could do more harm than good clicking the ads regularly. Now I don't know how much of this is true but I just feel that it's probably not a good idea to recommend people to click the ads.

Sure they have, to all ad boards, to detect bots etc but i know how to do it because im human lolllll
See so you just have to click the page wait for the page to load and travel inside the website for about 3 to 5 minutes clicking etc like we humans do when interested in something

Also boards detect proxy and ips that basic, they are meant to target specific public so what the point to show Portuguese ads in china for example ?that will be a waste of money and resources
Each time we click them and travel at those website frihost will earn around 5 cents if we travel at the website and click the buttons Im not sure if they pay for visits less than 1 minute
RosenCruz
Well something has to pay this server bills. Laughing

This is the statistics for last 30 days on my server 3

https://share.pingdom.com/banners/2ccf62d8

https://share.pingdom.com/banners/2ccf62d8