FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Will it snow on Christmas day where you are?

chasbeen
I changed countries.
In my last country Snow lying every where was a high possibility and snowing on the 25th was likely.
I would say it is 1 chance in 20 that it will Snow in Kent in England on the 25th

What about where you are?
RosenCruz
I m sure it will. We see the rain on November around here usually. This is the heart of winter
deanhills
I'm in the Middle East. However here's the thing. I heard it snowed on Green Mountain (jebel akhdar) in Oman two weekends ago. But a typical scenario of snow where I am is very unlikely. I like to see the snow for one day maybe, but am more for warm weather.
johans
no show here in the Philippines but i can see party everywhere starting this week.. smells Christmas now.
chasbeen
I can take snow on Christmas Day after that I don't care if I font see it for the next 364 days...
Unless it's a leap year...
Then I don't care if I don't see it for the next 365 days.
Cosmoslayer
I really hope it will but sadly it won't. Sad
Peterssidan
We have had snow for more than a week now. The weather forecast says it will get warmer in the next few days so most, if not all, snow will disappear but it will get colder again after that so it is very likely that there will be a white Christmas this year. If it's actually going to snow on that day I don't know.
zaxacongrejo
probably yes last year it did
playfungames
The city I have been residing in my entire life has not seen snow except once. The one time it rained, the snow hardly touched the ground and it melted. So I am pretty sure that this year we will not be seeing any snow as well.
standready
Considering that there has been NO snow recorded here for 284 days (new record and counting - old record 2801 days) and latest first snow has been December 16th. Rain and above normal temperatures in the forecast for the next week or so - I doubt it!
_AVG_
Normally it snows here in Philadelphia but this year hasn't seen much snow (in fact, I can't recall whether it snowed at all). Last year there was very little snow here as well. I wonder what happened to the weather pattern
inuyasha
No, it's rarely seen here in Chengdu.
And It never snows in my hometown, a coastal subtropic city. Very Happy I'd been dreaming of snow in my childhood, just like everyone else. But now I miss the warm climate away from here.
watersoul
Haha, not a chance here on the South West Devon coast, I reckon the odds would be pretty good at the bookies because it's so unlikely!
You've more chance Kent way though, it's a peculiar weather thing I've noticed over the years that your neck of the woods is more affected by cold continental Europe weather fronts than we are. Warmer Atlantic influences for us, and long may it stay that way Smile
rjraaz
It never happened at place where I live. It will be really miracle of nature if so. Currently Temperature here is around 17 degrees. I do not think so that it will.
RosenCruz
For 10 days, it's snowing like hell Razz
grofet
no snow on tropical country
maybe its need millions of year for tropical country change its position to substopical area
earth is always moving
linux1993
Oh no, in this place where I live, Chengdu, China. Snow seldom comes in winter. Many clouds stay in the sky . It's always like this. But in my hometown, Jingzhou, Hubei,it will snow every year.
lvnvmatt
Xmas in Vegas this year...no snow.
RosenCruz
lvnvmatt wrote:
Xmas in Vegas this year...no snow.

oooppps. Vegas is awesome ! Laughing
jsk02a
I think it will, I live in Southwest Germany. It seems to always snow on Dec 25th! However, I am worried that this year it will not because it snowed a lot for two weeks in a row, and now all the snow is melted and it's just raining.
standready
Finally got some snow here if we can call it that anyway:

First 'snow' in 292 days, latest first snow ever.
More snow predicted for Christmas Eve. We'll see.
jajarvin
I live in Finland. There is plenty of snow and cold. It will be a white Cristmas.
Vanilla
Unless that's the seventh seal of apocalypse, I don't think there will be much snow here... Right now is the second day of summer in the southern hemisphere and in my city we're experiencing 28ēC and lots of rain. Oh, don't you love the summer?
deanhills
standready wrote:

Nice photo! Remember you taking one with genuine snow two or three years ago. 2010 I think on Xmas day. Maybe it's going to be a repeat ....
XchaosX
Nope Im from Virginia we have the weirdest wheather and random earthquakes that don't kill anyone lol
Peterssidan
Today is Christmas day and there is a lot of snow here. It has been snowing yesterday and during the night, but now it doesn't snow.
mathiaus
Was hoping for snow but instead, it is just wet and cold Evil or Very Mad
Used to this kind of weather though and there is still a chance of snow in the early months next year... If you can't have snow for Christmas, the next best time is a work/school day when it is so heavy, you can't go in Smile
XchaosX
True u right about that my friend
standready
deanhills wrote:
standready wrote:

Nice photo! Remember you taking one with genuine snow two or three years ago. 2010 I think on Xmas day. Maybe it's going to be a repeat ....

Well the snow in the picture disappeared. However, Christmas Eve it did snow but stuck to hard surfaces (roads) not grass. Dean, I do remember that picture.
Nick2008
Washington, D.C. had some flakes flying yesterday, but nothing accumulated because the temperature was above freezing. We have a historically low chance for a white Christmas, but I do recall the large December 19 snowstorm that moved through in 2009. That one dumped a good record-setting 20" of snow here:

Washington, D.C. - December 19, 2009.

If only that was the case this year... but it was 46F (8C) today.
deanhills
Nick2008 wrote:
Washington, D.C. had some flakes flying yesterday, but nothing accumulated because the temperature was above freezing. We have a historically low chance for a white Christmas, but I do recall the large December 19 snowstorm that moved through in 2009. That one dumped a good record-setting 20" of snow here:

Washington, D.C. - December 19, 2009.

If only that was the case this year... but it was 46F (8C) today.
That's a beautiful photo of the dump Nick. I recall a dump like that in Vancouver, BC a few years ago. Also over Xmas and it lasted for a few days. Vancouver gets very little snow usually, so was a great novelty as we were wading in snow before they started to clean things up. Canadians from the other Provinces were laughing at how ill equipped Vancouver was with dealing with snow, particularly at the airport. Got quite tricky to move around too when the snow started to melt and became slipperly ice.
Nick2008
Wow, I knew that Vancouver didn't get much in terms of snow, but I mean it's still Canada, so I would've never thought that the area was so ill-equipped to handle it.

Here in Washington, D.C. a forecast of 3" of snow sends the people flying to the grocery store to stock up on water, bread, milk, and toilet paper. I always find it amusing how people around here equate snowstorms to apocalypses. You can only imagine the mayhem that occurred here when the forecast was 20" of snow. The entire area was pretty much paralyzed. Not sure if you have ever seen this video, but this was an actual weather forecast for Baltimore (close to Washington, D.C.) during one of those big snowfalls back in the winter of 2009-2010. I think people around here get so bored of the politics and government that they tend to become just a little bit crazy. Laughing

deanhills
Hilarious video. lol. Amazing people rushing for toilet paper. Sounds almost as though snow is good for bowl movements, or maybe it just gives some people runny tummies.

Anyway, Xmas always looks better when it is white. Particularly in the suburbs with all of the lights and stuff. I was in Calgary, AB one Xmas, living in the suburbs, and it was very neat. Was one of the greatest Xmases I'd had as well.
ratanegra
No, it won't. Here the temperature doesn't go down from 10°C (and that's very cold).
shashwatblack
it never snows where i live. it's a valley and the temperature even in coldest winters never fall below -5.
not enough for snowfall. i haven't ever seen a snowfall in real life.. Sad
i really want to though.. have snowball fight, build snowman.. only the thought brings a smile, don't know what i'd do if it were real.. Very Happy