FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Sub domains not working.

jkaushalya
I have created a sub domain using Directadmin. But I cant access that sub domain. my sub domain is proxy. I cant access it using proxy.mysitename.com . But I can access it using www.mysitename.com/proxy/index.html. Why is this happening? How can I resolve this?

Thanks!
RosenCruz
jkaushalya wrote:
I have created a sub domain using Directadmin. But I cant access that sub domain. my sub domain is proxy. I cant access it using proxy.mysitename.com . But I can access it using www.mysitename.com/proxy/index.html. Why is this happening? How can I resolve this?

Thanks!

Are you sure that Proxy Hosting is allowed on frihost ? Shocked Rolling Eyes
Peterssidan
It often takes some time before domain updates gets propagated everywhere. proxy.mysitename.com loads fine for me so just wait and it should be working for you too.

EDIT:
mysitename.com is not your domain? It doesn't look like it's hosted here. That doesn't really change the fact that you might have to wait before your new domain starts to work.

EDIT2:
Make sure that your site do not break the hosting rules.
TOS wrote:
C) Hosting rules
Any of the following is strictly not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
15. Websites providing proxy services to its users or any other automatic retrieval of webpages or files including (search engine) crawlers/bots.
jkaushalya
RosenCruz wrote:
jkaushalya wrote:

Thanks!

Are you sure that Proxy Hosting is allowed on frihost ? Shocked Rolling Eyes

No this is not a proxy site. I just named it as proxy.
jkaushalya
Peterssidan wrote:
It often takes some time before domain updates gets propagated everywhere. proxy.mysitename.com loads fine for me so just wait and it should be working for you too.

EDIT:
mysitename.com is not your domain? It doesn't look like it's hosted here. That doesn't really change the fact that you might have to wait before your new domain starts to work.

EDIT2:
Make sure that your site do not break the hosting rules.
TOS wrote:
C) Hosting rules
Any of the following is strictly not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
15. Websites providing proxy services to its users or any other automatic retrieval of webpages or files including (search engine) crawlers/bots.

No actually that is not my site. Sorry for the misunderstanding. This is not a proxy site. I am just doing this for learning purpose. Thanks for the remind. And now it is working. I have to wait some time.