You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nemanja Vidic to make comeback against Sunderland

Nemanja Vidic looks finally set to make his long awaited comeback against Sunderland on Saturday.

Vidic, who has been sidelined since September after suffering a knee injury, was widely expected to make his long awaited comeback against Cluj last week, but He didn’t even make the bench as Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, revealed the Skipper was not match fit.
Recent reports from The Daily Mirror has quoted Sir Alex Ferguson discussing his readiness to bring back Nemanja Vidic against Sunderland. Ferguson said:

“It would have been crazy to play him against City, but against Sunderland – definitely. It’s a big bonus.”

Manchester United’s defense has been remarkably leaky this year, with Manchester United ranking 11th in the Premiership goals conceded. Ferguson who had to play Michael Carrick as a centre-back during this campaign, is well pleased with the return of Vidic to the back four, the Serbian hardman’s solid defending has been sorely missed this season.

With Vidic healthy again, United is in excellent position to seal up its leaky defense and continue extending its advantage over the rest of the Premier League.
can't wait for him Sad
imo he is the best defender out there - CLASS!
Utd defensively have been very weak this season. He played a part in holding the defensive line as a leader though not a Utd fan, i believe he will be a big boost for them.
really, Manchester United need his help. He has been instrumental in the past in providing a competent defence even against the best of teams. Now, when United have been leaking goals (even though they are at the top of the table), they do need his help. This would also be a bonus, since United are due to face Real Madrid in February in the Round of 16 - Champions League. Wink
Yes I would agree, Utd have plenty of attacking flair and players who can create and score goals as shown in the league from their 2-0 comebacks. Utd's defence is lacking Rio is a bit too old now and as they are lacking a leader in Vidic who is their captain.

The Real match should be very exciting considering they are on a dip at the moment i wonder if their form will pick up by February but anything can happen and they certainly don't lack the players.
I agree, the Real match will be very exciting. Anyway. adding Vidic will definitely strengthen United, giving them an opportunity to consolidate their lead in the league further.
United finally had a drawn game. Razz Still, they stand four points clear of their arch rivals. Chelsea's 8-0 thrashing of Aston Villa was a smasher!
Yes it will be interesting to see what happens over the next week and a half of tightly packed fixtures! No doubt there will be more mind games between SAF and Mancini. Who does everyone think will make up the top four at the end of the first week in Jan?

And which potential transfers are people excited about?

I myself would like to see David Villa and Fernando LLorente in the EPL but who knows what will happen!
United drawing was a bit of a letdown for their fans but they still have quite a lead in the EPL - although a thinner one. And some game for Chelsea - Torres's goal was spectacular.