FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Just got AA3

Pande
And wow.. I love it. I have never played a more tactical game. I've heard AA2 was much better, before they killed some aspects of the game, but regardless, I enjoy this game a lot.

Being the first tactical combat game I've played, really, I am open to suggestions on others.

I also played Mechwarrior Online when it went open-beta but it felt stale and repetitive, so I stopped.
Maelkun
What is AA3??
Utopia GFR
Might be America's Army 3 :
http://store.steampowered.com/app/13140/

Maelkun wrote:
What is AA3??
william
Wow, haven't heard of this, and it's free to play too. I might just go ahead and check it out next week. The fact that the U.S. Army has an official game made me chuckle, too. Very Happy Really interested to see how well it's designed.
jkaushalya
Good Game...!!!!!!
tingkagol
There's nothing going on for AA3 besides the improved graphics. AA2 just had more responsive controls and better gun handling. AA3 just feels clunky to me.
Pande
Yeah, ^ that is the biggest problem, still I'd rather have that kind of problem than a real core mechanics one or balance issue. I think despite the clunkiness, it doesn't get in the way of actual gameplay when the time comes to be accurate.
tingkagol
Yeah, I think I've never enjoyed any FPS multiplayer as much as I did the AA series. Bridge (AA2) is probably the first real team-focused map I've ever played for any shooter - at least ones that posit to be team-based. It's an extremely straight-forward map though some would say it's cheap since the bridge is practically just one big choke point, but when teamwork comes into play, that map starts to become really interesting.