FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how can'i know that I have reached my 5 quality posts??

Shuayb
I think the frihost account creator should change the policy to validate the free hosting website Smile
cybersa
You need to create five post.
Then you can apply for the hosting.

Moderator will look on your activities,post etc...
Then He will create a free host for you.
saratdear
Five posts are set to create a bare minimum, attainable standard to ensure that this forum remains active by people posting (more than what is required) even after they get their hosting.

Think about where Frihost gets it cash from. Mostly Google ads. And that is from people who click through and come from Google search results. And Frihost (or any forum for that matter) will rank highly in search results only if there is quality content.
deanhills
Shuayb wrote:
I think the frihost account creator should change the policy to validate the free hosting website Smile
What changes do you think should be made?
SonLight
@Shuayb,

The purpose of the five-post rule is to verify that the person asking for hosting is willing to participate in discussions. Five posts is easy to meet, but five quality posts is harder to define. Most posts that make a good contribution to the site will be at least two or three sentences long. In fact, the point system is based primarily on the length of a post.

Unfortunately, not all long posts make a postive contribution. As far as I know, the decision of what is "good enough" is up to the account creator. If you have any suggestions either making it easier to rate the posts or clearer for new members to know what to expect, I'm sure they would be appreciated.
Shuayb
deanhills wrote:
Shuayb wrote:

I'm not against your opinion, which seems very interesting, but the problem it's necessary to define the new member who have a qualification to apply for a web hosting, to another new member who just got more points and are not able to have the qualifications to apply for web hosting,i think it's a grade between new member and frihost wannabe( who have qualification to apply for web hosting) after seen this grade he can apply for web hosting , that's why I have created this subject of discussion to attract your attention here, i hope that i'm clear ??
deanhills
Shuayb wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Shuayb wrote:

I'm not against your opinion, which seems very interesting, but the problem it's necessary to define the new member who have a qualification to apply for a web hosting, to another new member who just got more points and are not able to have the qualifications to apply for web hosting,i think it's a grade between new member and frihost wannabe( who have qualification to apply for web hosting) after seen this grade he can apply for web hosting , that's why I have created this subject of discussion to attract your attention here, i hope that i'm clear ??
I disagree. The account creators at Frihost have years of experience in judging the suitability of new members for Website space. I'd imagine if one has done it for more than seven years, one develops an instinct for it too.
Shuayb
deanhills wrote:
Shuayb wrote:
deanhills wrote:
Shuayb wrote:

I disagree. The account creators at Frihost have years of experience in judging the suitability of new members for Website space. I'd imagine if one has done it for more than seven years, one develops an instinct for it too.

it was my opinion, I see that you do not accept it, I know there have qualified people here, but its not preclude that you accept advised of the others, and I proposed that in order to improve much more, the
services of frihost
twotrophy
A quality post is a post that is usually several lines long which will give you 2 to 3 points. A 10 word post would be considered a poor quality post. A quality post must be also useful and interesting. You can make 5 useful posts within an hour. You may also want to consider getting a free top-level domain from Frihost although this will take a long time. Good luck.
Peterssidan
I don't think quality posts has much to do with the length of the post. The content is more important.
D'Artagnan
it's simple, find a subject you like , visit the subjects forum, interact with the people in the forum giving your opinion. When you less expect you have reached 5 great posts (or replies, at least when i applyied replies counted)..

A quality post is any post or reply that has meaning and where other people can see you contributed to the conversation...

if you go on a zeld topic and say, i like to play zelda, it's not quality... but if you say, i loved the way link grew up in the ocarina of time, what you guy like the most? it has meaning for the comunitty
Shuayb
thanks all for your participation in this discussion
jazzman
Another question on the same topic.... after you get your hosting account, your "Points" seem to reduce over a period of some days...I noticed I had almost 20 points last month and now I am down to 2 points. Do you need to keep participating in the forums to get more points? And if you reach 0 points, do they disable your hosting account??
deanhills
Probably good to check out the FAQ Sub-Forum.
Q: What are the 'Points'?
Quote:
You are able to earn points by posting messages on our forums. At the moment of writing this, you can earn between 1 and 5 points, depending on the length of the post. Please keep in mind that those values are regularly changing and may currently be different.

Every day, 1 Point is deducted from all hosted members. There is also a maximum of 45 Points. Two email warnings are sent at -5 and -10 Points. Your account may get removed after those two warnings if you are still inactive.

Please note that the Points are only an indication of your activeness. Frihost uses it to indicate possible inactive users. No account is removed automatically.