FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The end of the world is coming?

cooky24
As the film 2012 said, 21.12 of this year is the end of the world, do you believe it?
inuyasha
Apparently not. You see we passed The Day after Tomorrow already. Besides, I don't think Mayan are cleverer than us.
zaxacongrejo
is not the end of the world but the end of the maya calendar you see
their civilization as been "extint" so they could keep writing just that,
but again people will die tomorrow and for those thats the end of the world so we have to assume that all days are the beegining and the end of the world for someone
GuidanceReader
If the Mayan civilization was not extinct, I am sure their calendar would have kept going.

It's the end of an era. Could you imagine if someone found a Gregorian calendar that ended on the 31 December and thought that meant the end of the world? No, it's just the end of the year.
RosenCruz
I believe it's not. And according top Pope, we are already around 2018 or sth
cybersa
I do not believe this.
On 21,December I am on semester holiday.
deanhills
Ahhh fantastic! Something to look forward to. Cool
Helios
Well obviously Nibiru isn't anywhere near earth, right? Am I wrong?
Pole shifting takes about 6 million years, right? So that can't happen over a day...

Hmm, what's left? A massive earthquakes? Don't think so, they happen all the time but most of us are still here.
Sea level rising? Probably it is, but no, we're still not in immediate danger.

All those are too fancy I think. We should look into down-to-earth dangers, like what the hell is going on in the ME? During this year more or less there have been so many "revolutions" and it's been like a tidal wave hitting all those dictators.
Good or bad, it kind of worries me, who knows what's cooking there under the bonnet?
What's going on with the economy?? Obviously the situation isn't looking very well.

I think that the end of the world, if it happens in our lifetime, will have more down-to-earth reasons than aliens blasting lasers from a distant planet which causes earthquakes, floods and pole shifts or whatever.
standready
The Mayan person in charge of developing the calendar just got bored and stopped. No one else wanted to work so ... the end! laugh NASA wasted a lot of taxpayer money on the subject.
Radar
Is this end of the world coming? Yes.

Is it coming at the end of 2012? Maybe, but not because of anything to do with the Mayans.

Regardless, if you aren't ready for the world to end, you may wish to sit down and think about life.
deanhills
Radar wrote:
Regardless, if you aren't ready for the world to end, you may wish to sit down and think about life.
Well my guess is that my life is probably going to end before the world does. I don't see any real evidence to the contrary. And in the scope of things that is probably the only thing that is going to count in the end.
sudipbanerjee
Can anybody please tell me the exact date and time of end! Heavy tension! Bogus!
twotrophy
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/11/091113122958.htm wrote:
Mayan calendar was designed to be cyclical, so the fact that the long count comes to an end in December 2012 is really of no consequence, according to Martin. Simply, it is the end of great calendar cycle in Mayan society, much like our modern society celebrated the new Millennium. It does not mean that the "world will end." In fact, the Mayan calendar does not end then and there is no evidence to suggest that the Mayans -- or anyone for that matter -- has knowledge for the world's demise.

The exact time of the predicted doomsday is at 21 December 2012, 11:11 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). Don't forget that there were many failed End of the World hoaxes before such as the Y2K (Year 2000) hoax. This hoax, just like the Mayan hoax which was caused by a calendar issue: many computers or other digital calendars ended at the year 2000 so this gave people the idea that the world was going to end. This hoax was created when the Long Count of the Mayan calendar which is thousands of years long is about to end so some people thought that the World is going to end. This website says that the Mayans did not predict the 2012 doomsday hoax.
spinout
Yes, then will the magnetics poles shift!!! Cool
TurtleShell
Yeah, I'm not too worried. The end of the world--and on the winter solstice? I think the mayans just needed a spot to end the calendar. But maybe I don't know enough about mayan calendars to really know what I'm talking about.
Cosmoslayer
Let us just wait and see. I don't care either way. Very Happy
coolclay
Frihost E.O.T.W. party at my house in York Pennsylvania! I built a special radiation/tsunami/earthquake/asteroid/flood/Satan/Mayan proof room, and stocked it full of 20 year old scotch and aged cuban cigars, so all Frihost members are formally invited to join me and laugh while everyone else is sober and suffering through whatever hell the Mayans have decided to throw at us!
andro_king
cooky24 wrote:
As the film 2012 said, 21.12 of this year is the end of the world, do you believe it?

Don't kidd Wink
Cosmoslayer
coolclay wrote:
Frihost E.O.T.W. party at my house in York Pennsylvania! I built a special radiation/tsunami/earthquake/asteroid/flood/Satan/Mayan proof room, and stocked it full of 20 year old scotch and aged cuban cigars, so all Frihost members are formally invited to join me and laugh while everyone else is sober and suffering through whatever hell the Mayans have decided to throw at us!

Wow! Hope I can join your party. LOL
TurtleShell
coolclay--although I will not be with you at the end of the world, rest assured, I will not be sober:)
standready
coolclay wrote:

Sounds like a great plan, coolclay. Let's start now and come out on the other side with a royal hangover. Rolling Eyes Laughing Wink
Ankhanu
On the 21st, I'm gonna listen to this:

... and quite likely not die.
deanhills
coolclay wrote:
Awesome, thanks Coolclay. Count me in!

zaxacongrejo
loll this post reminds me R.E.M

Vanilla
deanhills wrote:
coolclay wrote:
Awesome, thanks Coolclay. Count me in!

Yes, me too! Since my birthday is on December 18th, I'm going to celebrate it too.

Also I like to tell everyone that believes in the end of the world that you can donate your money to me. Just PM me and I'll give you my bank account number, ok?
grofet
nobody knows about when the end of the world will come. it's totally top secret that only God know about it.
inoshi
coolclay wrote:

Sounds fun, nice.
inoshi
cooky24 wrote:

What I want to know, is does the internet believe it?

Question
zaxacongrejo
Loll the web bot can’t spot anything after 21 December 2012 if you believe that kind of stuff read this please
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_Bot
inoshi
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Loll the web bot can’t spot anything after 21 December 2012 if you believe that kind of stuff read this please

I'm trying not to panic . . . do you mean can't spot anything because everything is gone, or that there are no markers for a significant event?

Wink
inoshi
zaxacongrejo wrote:

Wait, in the ref to the wikipedia link there is an article from 2009: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6227357/Web-bot-project-makes-prophecy-of-2012-apocalypse.html

It seems, we are doomed then.
deanhills
inoshi wrote:
At least there is one nice day to look forward to. Tomorrow is 12.12.12. So I guess we should try and make a post at 12:12 on 12.12.12.

I LOVE numbers! Cool
Maelkun
Who really believes it haha!
inoshi
deanhills wrote:
inoshi wrote:
At least there is one nice day to look forward to. Tomorrow is 12.12.12. So I guess we should try and make a post at 12:12 on 12.12.12.

I LOVE numbers! Cool

Glad you pointed that out. Wednesday cheers, a great way to get over doom, a Bon Nuit!
goaaliensstation
Booked front row seats for this show Smile
Cosmoslayer
goaaliensstation wrote:
Booked front row seats for this show Smile

It's gonna be a bumpy ride! Very Happy
jajarvin
When I was ten years old I read in a newspaper that the end of this word will hapen next friday at 10.30 AM. So I and my friends were waiting for the end of word. But nothing happend. We were very unhappy.
zaxacongrejo
no one will see the end of the world we will be exitint millions of years before
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
I'm trying not to panic . . . do you mean can't spot anything because everything is gone, or that there are no markers for a significant event?

You can say both, loll but like all the other stuff about the end of the world is just bla blab blab
andro_king
NASA has made an official confirmation that world is not going to end this December. Smile Cool
Ghost Rider103
andro_king wrote:
NASA has made an official confirmation that world is not going to end this December. Smile Cool

Were you being sarcastic or did they actually make an announcement? If they did, care to post a link?
deanhills
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
andro_king wrote:

Were you being sarcastic or did they actually make an announcement? If they did, care to post a link?
Think andro_king must have seen my OP of 28 November in my thread "What's 2012 been like for you so far?":
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vp-1125604.html#1125604
Quote:
Some seem to think the world will go up in a big bang on 20 or 21 December 2012. Although NASA thankfully disagrees .... it's going to be a normal winter solstice day.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/podcasting/jpl-asteroid20120307.html
Cosmoslayer
Refresh PSY's Gangnam Style video to haten the end of the world! XD
zaxacongrejo
the world will end for some thats for sure but will also start for others
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
the world will end for some thats for sure but will also start for others
True. Maybe the dragons will return. Wink
firstroad
we have such technologican progress that if the end of the world was coming we would at least know how it would end... but now everything is normal and there are no problems and if there were we would know...
nickfyoung
We will probably blow our selves up one day. There are still countries test firing rockets and others developing nuclear bombs as quick as they can. There are countries that hate other countries and are determined to blow them up.
It will only take one mad moment for some one to make that decision to push that button. If a country is attacked with nuclear warheads they will have no option but to return fire with their own nuclear weapons. If other countries decide to join in in the guise of stopping it all we will have a lot of big bangs and not much left afterwards. I suppose Japan survived a couple of these bombs but they are probably a lot bigger now and will make a bigger mess.
There are submarines under water some where and can stay there for months and months at a time with the capability to fire nuclear missiles anywhere so no where is safe or out of range.
They say it all started with a big bang. Maybe we will go out with a big bang too.
inoshi
nickfyoung wrote:
We will probably blow our selves up one day. There are still countries test firing rockets and others developing nuclear bombs as quick as they can. There are countries that hate other countries and are determined to blow them up.
It will only take one mad moment for some one to make that decision to push that button. If a country is attacked with nuclear warheads they will have no option but to return fire with their own nuclear weapons. If other countries decide to join in in the guise of stopping it all we will have a lot of big bangs and not much left afterwards. I suppose Japan survived a couple of these bombs but they are probably a lot bigger now and will make a bigger mess.
There are submarines under water some where and can stay there for months and months at a time with the capability to fire nuclear missiles anywhere so no where is safe or out of range.
They say it all started with a big bang. Maybe we will go out with a big bang too.

Maybe we'll find other ways to mass destroy ourselves, more slow and painful . . .ugh!
BigGeek
So if the world ends on Friday then that means that I don't have to go to work and deal with my asinine boss any more eh? I might see that as a good thing, especially if you knew my boss!!!

All kidding aside, so here we are two days away, no comet, no earthquakes, no tidal waves, everything moving along as normal on planet earth!!!

Funny how the end of the world seems to come and go and nothing happens. You know I read an article about all the ancient civilizations and their calenders and the dates that they ended. The scholar was pointing out that those calenders weren't used to predict the end of the world because many of them were not discovered until well after their end date. So he asked the question: Do you think they just decided this was a good date to stop computing into the future, rather than the end of the world?

I thought it was a pertinent point!!

Now I've heard that the planets are supposed to align in some odd configuration that will cause a pole reversal when the solstice happens......I guess this could happen, and I guess we are waiting on Dec. 21, 2012 to see if it happens, I could be wrong here, but my guess is that the claim is bogus as well.

What do you think?
watersoul
I've lived through a couple of 'ends of the world' so far, Halleys Comet, Hale-Bopp comet, Total eclipse of the sun over UK in 1999, Y2K bug, and now this! Laughing
...I'm guessing as soon as we wake up on the 22nd the doomsayers will be making preparations for the new 'end of the world' when next years exceptionally bright comet (ISON) pays us a visit.
Just crazy people with crazy faith if you ask me.
johans
nothing to panic.. they say end of the world but for me its just started.
deanhills
One day left. Probably need to whoop it up tonight .... Twisted Evil
RosenCruz
I definitely do not believe in this shit.
Cosmoslayer
1 min left here on Philippines. XD. Will keep you updated. LOL
deanhills
17 hours left .... haven't felt any rumblings yet .... Twisted Evil

zaxacongrejo
oh i did my cloths machine just ended the world for her
inoshi
Cosmoslayer wrote:
1 min left here on Philippines. XD. Will keep you updated. LOL

Are you still there, or? Maybe it's the exact minute of the solstice that really does it, like 6:30 am EDT or something?

You're just going to have to wait a little longer for the rest of the world to catch up so that we can all end it more or less together.

Wink
Marcuzzo
at noon (21/12/2012 12:00) I went home for lunch, got in the car, turned the engine on and the radio started playing... REM It's The End Of The World.. Shocked
deanhills
I went hiking this afternoon, as beautiful weather, and completely forgot about the 3:00 p.m. deadline in the UAE. When I channeled into the 2012 thingie, it was already two hours afterwards, and life was the same.
zaxacongrejo
did the world finished?
johans
nothing happens.. lol..

actually, mayans confirmed that it is not true and in fact they said that next year will be a great year for them.
inoshi
zaxacongrejo wrote:
did the world finished?

Yes, we simply didn't recognize it, and now we're all ghosts.
zaxacongrejo
oh i knew it since yesterday i seem to be floating Very Happy
RosenCruz
Well all this 21st December 2012 buls...t was cool. Smile At least we had fun
LxGoodies
inoshi wrote:
zaxacongrejo wrote:
did the world finished?

Yes, we simply didn't recognize it, and now we're all ghosts.

That's a fact.. and Nasa keeps hiding it from us Laughing Laughing

Lx
truespeed
Somewhere in the universe,a world ended on the 21st dec 2012,just not ours.
Cosmoslayer
We are all dead! We can't just accept the truth! Very Happy
inoshi
Cosmoslayer wrote:

I just learned there's going to be a total solar eclipse in December 2013, maybe we'l all resurrect or reborn then?
LxGoodies
inoshi wrote:
Cosmoslayer wrote:

I just learned there's going to be a total solar eclipse in December 2013, maybe we'l all resurrect or reborn then?

Eeuhm no, alas.. rebirth has never been performed and you won't resurrect for at least another 2 years.. you'll have to stay dead until 2015

http://www.moongiant.com/Solar_Eclipse_Calendar.php

Lx