FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Humble THQ Bundle

william
Can't believe this hasn't been posted yet, but since a week remains perhaps some people will be able to get a hold of it.

In case you haven't heard, the Humble Bundle is selling a magnificent THQ Bundle that contains stellar games for the minimum price of one dollar. The games include Red Faction: Armageddon, Darksiders, Metro 2033, and the excellent Company of Heroes with both expansions. If you beat the average, you get a copy of Saints Row: The Third. Shocked You also get soundtracks as an added bonus.

Unlike the main Humble Bundles, this one requires Steam and only works on Windows. But you still have the option of donating to charity (the Red Cross and Child's Play in this case). But one can argue that the value here is even better than previous bundles.

I do highly suggest not paying the minimum or merely beating the average by one cent. THQ really needs the money, and it would be a major blow to PC gaming if they were to go down. Yes, poor business decisions got them in this position, but they are one of the best publishers out there with highly anticipated titles on the horizon (eg. Metro: Last Light and Company of Heroes 2).

I already owned a couple of the games in the bundle, but saw an amazing value, nonetheless. So naturally I bought it minutes after it went live.

So what are you waiting for? Head over to the Humble Bundle site!
Mr_Howl
Already picked it up. Couldn't spend as much as I usually do on the Humble Bundles since I'm a bit strapped for cash, though.

It's funny, I don't even have much time for gaming anymore, but every Humble Bundle is pretty much an automatic purchase for me. I think I've only played three of the games I've bought!
catscratches
Tried out Darksiders but it didn't work properly on my computer due to some codec-errors (and from what I saw it was pretty bad). Already had Metro 2033 and not really interested in the others so actually not a very compelling bundle for me (though I bought it anyhow).
testsoc
Pretty amazing deal, really. The Company of Heroes series is great, and I hope they can stay afloat to make CoH2. Will have to be a buy for me I think!! It's a shame they couldn't include the DoW franchise, as I think they would have made a lot more cash. I'm guessing Games Workshop licensing issues stopped that from happening, so they had to use original IP they owned,.
RosenCruz
what's going on with THQ? what is the story ?
D'Artagnan
RosenCruz wrote:
what's going on with THQ? what is the story ?

not much to say, some specialized publications raised the flag that thq was going down, then they started selling licences and the Huble bundle just confirms how they need to cash some money fast.

I particulary like the idea, but feel that The Humble Bundle should not be treated as a lesser form of commerce just made for indie games... i mean it's a awsome idea and a great marketing tool that the companies are not using...
william
They added Titan's Quest and the Path to War DLC for Red Faction: Armageddon for what it's worth, making the deal even better.

And yeah, these Humble Bundles over time have taken a fair amount of cash out of my wallet, but it's worth it. I already had Company of Heroes and Metro 2033, but even with those two out the others were a great deal (SR3 was, I think, on sale for $5 once, so you're effectively getting the lowest SR3 price plus a few awesome games added for pennies).

As for THQ, they've suffered a number of losses from unsuccessful projects like the uDraw tablet (which I thought was a pretty poor idea). If the publications are to be believed, then THQ just needs to stay afloat until Company of Heroes 2 comes out. That will likely bring them back up especially if it matches the quality of the first game. I think this bundle ought to help them out. After all, I was on the fence about Darksiders and didn't care for SR3 since the gameplay videos didn't look as exciting as Just Cause 2. But in the end, they got money from me that they wouldn't have otherwise.
RosenCruz
I buy games from Steam. First time I hear this site Humble Bunde, but I loved the idea. Laughing
Insanity
I've always been a fan of the HUmble Bundles. I got a lot of good games with it the last couple times it went around, and I think they've all be very affordable. I like the fact that you can choose whatever amount you want to pay. I would pay more than the average, of course, but it's just a nice feeling that people who couldn't afford it could be playing some good games.
william
RosenCruz wrote:
I buy games from Steam. First time I hear this site Humble Bunde, but I loved the idea. Laughing

Indeed, and they're not the only site giving away pay want you want bundles, but they are (at least in my opinion) the best. Great thing is that because we get Steam keys it's really no different than just buying a game off Steam. You get the same conveniences Steam provides.

Insanity wrote:
I've always been a fan of the HUmble Bundles. I got a lot of good games with it the last couple times it went around, and I think they've all be very affordable. I like the fact that you can choose whatever amount you want to pay. I would pay more than the average, of course, but it's just a nice feeling that people who couldn't afford it could be playing some good games.

I agree, though my backlog is well over 100 games, mostly thanks to the Humble Bundle and other Indie Bundles. Still, being able to get several excellent games for under $10 is a nice feeling when games retail for $60. I've been able to try out so many games I wouldn't have ever touched had they been $60 each.

Also, less than a day remains, and they added Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War yesterday. I thought HIB V was good value, but this is unbelievable. By the way, for those of you who don't want to or can't spend a dollar, THQ is giving away Metro 2033 for free on Facebook. Pretty nice game and the graphics are sure to bring most gaming PCs down to their knees. That said, I am somewhat worried about what this implies about THQ's fate.
RosenCruz
Ok guys, thanks to this thread, I ve bought THQ bundle. Now I need some space on C: since all my hardrive is almost full Laughing