FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Server?? Frihost??

whplace
Hello people

I was just wondering

Frihost is a free hosting service and you people offer like:

250mb space
10gb b/w

And i guess u must be having atleast 2000 accounts.

That means u must be needing atleast:
1 terabyte space
20 terabyte bandwitch

Gosh!! Thats sooooo high and it must be very very very Costly.

I was just wondering.........With that kind of a server you could earn money through paid hosting.

Can u clarify this for me??

Thank you,

Whplace
tidruG
Firstly, I do believe that Bondings is not running this site to make money. Hence, no paid hosting.
The next point is that not all members use up their 250 MB space and 10GB bandwidth, so your figures are kinda on the higher side.
Apart from that, I cannot confirm the number of hosted members (because I don't know the total number of hosted members Razz), but we have obtained a second server recently and all new accounts are created on the new server, so things are runnign pretty smoothly. Very Happy
sibbahz
I only use around 50mb of space at the most, and around 50meg of bandwidth as my site isnt really used that much.
So you could divide them figures by around 4 aproximatly, guessing that every member used 1/4 of their allowance.
It is likely that most users only use a few hundred meg a month transfer or less.
waiteck
Btw.. Frihost is also surviving through google ads Razz..
psycosquirrel
And our undying loyalty Very Happy
ocalhoun
I suspect that we all share space and bandwidth.
If we all completely fill up our 250mb and use up our 10G, then we would crash the server.

Use as little as possible, for the good of everyone!
donrawls
I want a hosting spot on here, but Im waiting on me doing post........Do you guys think this is a good hosting, does it have php and mysql????
Slammer
donrawls wrote:
I want a hosting spot on here, but Im waiting on me doing post........Do you guys think this is a good hosting, does it have php and mysql????

Why dont you look at the homepage. Usually a good place to start Rolling Eyes
meretyping
don't be so mean. i was just asking the same questions. also, if ever get a site that's any good, i would probably use much more webspace than transfer, as want to post all my writing somplace, but have slightly uninterested friends. so contrarian, i know.
myth-plan
tidruG wrote:
Firstly, I do believe that Bondings is not running this site to make money. Hence, no paid hosting.
The next point is that not all members use up their 250 MB space and 10GB bandwidth, so your figures are kinda on the higher side.
Apart from that, I cannot confirm the number of hosted members (because I don't know the total number of hosted members Razz), but we have obtained a second server recently and all new accounts are created on the new server, so things are runnign pretty smoothly. Very Happy

quite agree !
cnnet
250m space is too large
so we couldn't use as much as that
and frihost has the secend server
so it's possible to hold us
I have used the serveice for more than half a year
and it works very stable
frozenhead
donrawls wrote:

Earn your points and wait 'till our dear admins will finally give you hosting and ask again yourself the same question later.

I'm here for several months already and I will tell you. You will not regret registering here.. And about the hosting specs you'd saw from the index page, that's no joke! Wink

This hosting is just great. You get everything you would expect from a paid host, but here it's free. MySQL, PHP, you get it all. And i don't think you would ever use the 250 megs for your site. Unless you start some kind of download site. And i think that's not allowed.
olag
This hosting is very good. If you want host files, go this thread
Anthony Clark
I think its very cool having to post for points and fri$s .
Most hosting services cost loads and arent very easy to use.