FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Common Symptoms of Diabetes

Jenkins2
1. Having to urine very frequently (the body's need to remove excess sugars).

2. Drinking liquids frequently (to replace water that was urinated).

3. Eating frequently (the body's inability to use the food's energy that it's consuming).

4. Behavioral changes (could result if individual needs to constantly urinate throughout the night, causing a lack of sleep).

5. Weight loss (due to the body burning it's own fat and protein for energy because it cannot get sugar into it's cells).
zaxacongrejo
Sugar is poison .but is given to us like the best of the things
Jenkins2
I agree, it is poison when it's not consumed in moderation without a proper amount of exercise to offset it.
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Sugar is poison .but is given to us like the best of the things
Sugar does not create diabetes. Diabetes is a disease of the body being unable to process sugar. Don't know why sugar always seems to get a bad wrap. Excess sugar is of course not good at all, but there is plenty of sugar in fruit and vegetable juices, and other healthy food. Carbohydrates turn into sugar as well in our bodies.
Jenkins2
You're absolutely correct, I think that sugar gets the bad wrap because it's what the insulin stores into the cells for energy, so the assumption is that sugar itself causes diabetes, and also media influence.
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
Diabetes is a disease of the body being unable to process sugar.

Right ok and now explain me how does your body stops to process sugar and why?
What about Pancreas what is it?
Again I maintain sugar is a poison and is given to like a good thing
You see there are several kinds of sugar like Fructose or fruit sugar, Glucose, etc.
Our body is ready to handle and they are present in almost everything when we talk about vegetables and fruit in their natural doses, I repeat natural doses
But when you speak about food industry, hey we are now in another planet
And thatís the problem you see there are only 2 ways to look to food, industrial speaking
Sugar or fat if you cut on fat you ad extra sugars, if you cut on sugar you ad extra fat this is the formula and you can ask any food factory
So the food we eat is full of it and sugar is the name,and if at the end of the day you measure your sugar levels you will see for you self and probably get shocked ,a simple experience a 0.33 Coca-Cola bottle contain 39 grams of sugar, do yourself a favor collect 39 grams of sugar and look to them.
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Quote:
Diabetes is a disease of the body being unable to process sugar.

Right ok and now explain me how does your body stops to process sugar and why?
What about Pancreas what is it?
Not the pancreas, but problems with insulin from the pancreas, which are linked to the metabolism of the body. That I believe is elementary knowledge.

Sugar is only poison if it is done in excess relative to the body's ability to process it. There are different forms of sugar as well. Not all sugar is bad sugar unless the person is a diabetic, and not all people are diabetic. One teaspoon of sugar in a cup of coffee could be OK for one person, can be a source of good energy. It could also be a real problem for another person who has either diabetes, or is allergic/sensitive to caffeine or sugar or both.
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
but problems with insulin from the pancreas

you see when pancreas as this problem is which is diabetes
because is "tired"
and why ? Because of the excess of work to neutralize sugar
Just a curiosity if it wasnít for pancreas trasnformed sugar could putrify us
So simple as this.
Again you already consume the daily sugar doses without consuming any transformed sugar
fouadCh
Nice discussion we've got in here ... and I want just contribute with a few thoughts.. to clarify things a bit.. Well I hope so !...

Everything start to be a poison when It's in excess... everything... just give it enough time ... and troubles will start showing...

Human physiology is fine-tuned in order to maintain a state of equilibrium (homeostasis) that ensures that all the organs functions as they should... which results in a set of parameters that remain constant when all goes well... Any dysfunction in those controllers (be it in the nervous system or endocrine glands like the pancreatic cells that release the insulin hormone ) results in a pathological state (diabetes in this case) that starts with high concentration of glucose in the blood (hyperglycemia) ... and ends (if not carefully managed) in troubles in other systems which can't bear a permanent high doses of glucose (eyes -> blindness; kidney failure ... ) .. which results in a systemic disaster ... leading to death..

Now can we say that glucose is evil.. of course not... But given that It's the only energy source for our cells (all the other digested carbohydrates are actually ultimately transformed into glucose.. for those of you who don't know that) it's highly regulated... and given that today's human way of life ; mostly sedentary with little exercise and a food regime based on highly processed food biased toward excess hydrocarbons... Well that's just a recipe for trouble ... explaining the high increase of type 2 diabetes (the one that results from a decrease in insulin sensitivity of the body).. in mid and old-aged population..

After saying that I would conclude with an advice... Avoid the so-called junk food and do some exercise from now and then .. in the hope to constantly maintain your glycemia (amount of glucose in your blood) within the safe range ...
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
given that today's human way of life ; mostly sedentary with little exercise and a food regime based on highly processed food biased toward excess hydrocarbons... Well that's just a recipe for trouble ... explaining the high increase of type 2 diabetes (the one that results from a decrease in insulin sensitivity of the body).. in mid and old-aged population..

Hi and thanks thatís what i was trying to explain and in nowadays glucose is used in almost all the food industry eve in bread
So we are bombed with high concentrations of it in a daily basis so the only way I believe we have to do something is to look to sugar as a poison and if we are not looking for future trouble we should avoid it, Iím not a candy fanatic I love candy, but sometimes ,because we have to count with all the other stuff we eat .
Other curiosity a study is being developed at the USA that tryís to prove that cancer cells use glucose as energy to boost their multiplication
deanhills
zaxacongrejo wrote:
Quote:
given that today's human way of life ; mostly sedentary with little exercise and a food regime based on highly processed food biased toward excess hydrocarbons... Well that's just a recipe for trouble ... explaining the high increase of type 2 diabetes (the one that results from a decrease in insulin sensitivity of the body).. in mid and old-aged population..

Hi and thanks thatís what i was trying to explain and in nowadays glucose is used in almost all the food industry eve in bread
So we are bombed with high concentrations of it in a daily basis so the only way I believe we have to do something is to look to sugar as a poison and if we are not looking for future trouble we should avoid it, Iím not a candy fanatic I love candy, but sometimes ,because we have to count with all the other stuff we eat .

Other curiosity a study is being developed at the USA that tryís to prove that cancer cells use glucose as energy to boost their multiplication
If all sugar is poison, then food by implication has to be poisonous as all carbohydrates, whether simple or complex are turned into sugar in our bodies. If someone lacks a diet in protein, which quite often happens with vegetarian diets for example, the vegetables, fruits and legumes that are high in carbohydrates are converted into sugar. You can hardly make a claim that fruit and vegetables are poisonous however. More the way that the food is ingested as part of a lifestyle program where the person is not active enough and is eating a protein-deficient diet. Both fouadCh and Jenkins2 tried to point that out as well. There may also be other medical factors involved such as other chronic diseases or infectious diseases that make a person vulnerable for Stage 2 diabetes.
fouadCh
zaxacongrejo wrote:
I'm not sure what you are trying to say with the above quote... All cells, and I mean absolutely all living cells on planet Earth from all types of organisms, from Bacteria to Man, are capable of using glucose as a source of Carbon and energy (meaning transforming it to ATP, the real energy currency..).. So , if cancerous cells are using it in their frenetic multiplication is absolutely no news at all ... The problem here is not the use of glucose (which a normal thing to do for every cell), but in the deficient regulation of their cell cycle.. due to many potential molecular abnormalities...

deanhills wrote:
There may also be other medical factors involved such as other chronic diseases or infectious diseases that make a person vulnerable for Stage 2 diabetes.
There is a genetic component to type 2 diabetes that predisposes some people to the disease... while others can get away with it even when exposed to the same conditions... Yes, that's biology, and It's not always fair... Each one of us caries within him genes with a long long history.. they are as old as Man kind if not the age of the first cell on Earth !..
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
If all sugar is poison, then food by implication has to be poisonous as all carbohydrates,

The problem here is my vocabulary but im improving day to day itís a question of time.
Let me call it transformed sugar better yet industrial sugar
That is a poison fouadCh you are Cleary a doctor or student about the subject help us here please
Should we keep away from industrial sugar man made sugar?

And because I donít have sufficient vocabulary please listen to this

fouadCh
Very interesting materials you posted there zaxacongrejo.. and what the message boils down to in there, is (as I said before) watch out for what you're eating and drinking !.. Particularly, if you live in the US... Boy!.. I didn't know that It's that bad !..

Doctor Robert Lustig incriminates fructose (not glucose!) as served in processed food and beverages by the US food industry.. The lecture was very instructive and seen in that angle, yes, I can say that the US food industry has made of fructose a (slow-acting) poison.. because of its omnipresence in virtually all what they make!... and because of the way It's metabolized by cells, which is very similar to how they process fat ... No wonder then as to why US (fast) food is label worldwide as being junk food !.. and the funny thing is that It's exported to the rest of the World.. and what's more funnier is that It's welcomed everywhere It goes !!!..

Once again, thanks for posting those videos.. the Lecture contains some very interesting details..
loveandormoney
Quote:
2. Drinking liquids frequently (to replace water that was urinated).

This is the moste important symptom for Diabetes.
zaxacongrejo
Hi Iím Portuguese EU
Quote:

Because of its omnipresence in virtually all what they make!... and because of the way It's metabolized by cells, which is very similar to how they process fat ..

Itís the same because in the food industry they import export methods
Products, brands and even factories, so we really need to start to care about we actually call from food thatís my opinion ,I donít want for my life have to inject myself in a daily life or even worst so from 1 to 2 years now industrial sugar (white sand ) is something me and my wife stop to use, yes we eat cakes pizzas etc with moderation ,not in daily basis just look to my example I drink about 10 coffees a day 10x 10gr of sugar 100 gr daily insane loll and I was expecting resistance from my brain because of the sugar addition but in fact it was from the day to the night too easy I have to say,
Quote:

Doctor Robert Lustig incriminates fructose (not glucose!)

Itís all about the same excessive consumption in my option and this is just my opinion it doesnít matter the type but the kind of consumption we do from the substances we use

Quote:
Once again, thanks for posting those videos.. the Lecture contains some very interesting details..

you are very welcome , my guess is we should start to looks to sugars as poisons