FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drunken reaction

skaprit
Yesterday evening, my GF called to say, "I'm coming to pick you up, we're going for a few drinks!"
I said, " I need to shower!" She said, "OK, I'll be there in half an hour."
I showered, shaved and got ready.
45 min later, no show.
Messaged to find out where she was and she was still where she'd been when she called!

When she had first called, I was chatting to a friend online that lives far away and we hadn't chatted for a while. I abruptly ended that chat to go get ready, and therefore was a bit annoyed that GF hadn't even left, and not let me know.

Eventually turned up and tried to charm me over but I refused to be charmed over and told her that "when you don't let me know you're running late, it shows disrespect of MY time!"

She got red mist, angry, and stood up and stormed out saying, "f**k your shit!" and slamming doors on the way out.

We've not spoken since that episode.

What are your thoughts anonymous friends??
loveandormoney
Good morning.
23 users did read Your post, but no answer.
Maybe You are the only human in the world, who ever had a problem in a relationship.
Were You happy, when You slammed the door?
I suggest: No.

What to do, if Your daling forgets You.
What happened.
She was angry, because You did the shower.
So the best way
when she called, tell her, "You are angry, because I need 30 minutes for take a shower."
And You did not tell her about Your other friend.

"Eventually turned up and tried to charm me over but I refused to be charmed over and told her that "when you don't let me know you're running late, it shows disrespect of MY time!""
This is fighting.

What is the solution:
She repairs the damage.
Tell her this.
I say, to play the victim in relationships does not make You happy and also I think
it does not make the darling happy.
Insanity
Sounds like your girlfriend needs to respect your time more. I would talk to her about it, maybe she's cooled down a bit after a few days to be a little more rational. People are sometimes late, but it's a problem if it happens to often, and if she doesn't realize that she's doing something wrong. I would talk to her.
loveandormoney
Good morning.
Thank You for Your answer.
The topic is not hair in the bathroom or time or being late,
the topic is revenge.
This is the problem.
If You ever see a relationship, then You can understand this.
Because HE and SHE are not interested in peace, because if both or one of them is interested in peace
he will call the other five minutes later and clean the situation.
Both are hiding themselves in their caves and both think: The other guy must suffer, until s/he will bring me presents.
The crazy thing is, many many many relationships play this game.
Even when they are parents and then the children have to suffer more.
I say, this game is boring, but many adults like this game.

Quote:

maybe she's cooled down

Are women guilty?

Quote:

a bit after a few days to be a little more rational.

This is the reason of fighting: "I am waiting, until You go to school and You become more intelligent."

Quote:

I would talk to her.

Please tell us
what words are right in this situation.

Question to all users: Did You ever meet a person, who was late one time or more?
gotitclean
I'm now half into a bottle of scotch because of the "white out" today, and I've been looking for reasons to keep hope. This team has so much talent, so much potential and yet every year it stumbles out the gate. EVERY YEAR. You can make the argument that New York's defense looked outstanding, but the Texans are supposed to be to the level where we can compete with any team in the league now, no matter how good they are. That definitely wasn't the case today.
BigGeek
WOW this topic could not have gotten any further off track could it.

Yeah sounds like a bad scene with the girlfriend getting all upset and angry. And yes it was probably the alcohol talking and not her. Have you spoken with her since the blow up, or are the two of you still not speaking?

Offering up some understanding for the girlfriend, she probably thought she was being sweet by asking you to get ready to go out with her, but then after a few more drinks she lost track of time, and was late leaving to meet you. These things happen when alcohol is involved mostly because it impairs judgement.

Why do you think that there are so many jokes about how after a few drinks a guy KNOWS he is the baddest dude in the world and can pick up chicks with a wink of the eye, because he is the hottest guy out there and every chick wants him.

My point is that drinking surely impairs judgement and her making any sort of judgements about affecting your time was probably not an option that night!!

Hopefully you two will work things out and come to an understanding!!
Da Rossa
Well, how's it been ever since? I'd like to se the OP get back here to post his feedback...
Meanwhile, we have to know more how that conversation went on. An this may have a bunch of variables. The more likely thing is that she's young, immature and doesn't know what respect means. She is more self-centered.
loveandormoney
gotitclean wrote:
I'm now half into a bottle of scotch because of the "white out" today, and I've been looking for reasons to keep hope. This team has so much talent, so much potential and yet every year it stumbles out the gate. EVERY YEAR. You can make the argument that New York's defense looked outstanding, but the Texans are supposed to be to the level where we can compete with any team in the league now, no matter how good they are. That definitely wasn't the case today.

Hope
talk with Your friends about Your problems.