FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Life of Pi

Insanity
Anyone else watch this movie? I just saw it and I thought it was great. I've read the book before, and I'm surprised at how well the movie turned the book into a movie because there were definitely parts which I thought woul dbe difficult to translate onto the big screen. One of these things were the thoughts that occur inside the head of Pi, and all the narrative that might not have been able to be displayed. The tiger scenes were really cool too.
andro_king
Insanity wrote:
Anyone else watch this movie? I just saw it and I thought it was great. I've read the book before, and I'm surprised at how well the movie turned the book into a movie because there were definitely parts which I thought woul dbe difficult to translate onto the big screen. One of these things were the thoughts that occur inside the head of Pi, and all the narrative that might not have been able to be displayed. The tiger scenes were really cool too.

Yes ! I too saw the film. It is osm ! I really loved every scene. I havn't read the book though. Every scene was great. All credits to Ang lee. Wink
cybersa
andro_king wrote:
Insanity wrote:

Yes ! I too saw the film. It is osm ! I really loved every scene. I havn't read the book though. Every scene was great. All credits to Ang lee. Wink

Last week I watched this movie.
It was interesting.

But at last scene in get confused.
At last what he(pi) is telling?
rx9876
I might watch this movie next weekend,
but can anyone tell me this movie is worth 3D IMAX or just 3D?
cybersa
rx9876 wrote:
I might watch this movie next weekend,
but can anyone tell me this movie is worth 3D IMAX or just 3D?

You cannot expect more 3D from this movie.
So 3D is enough.
Mr_Howl
Saw the film, and was impressed. I just watched the flat 2D version though. If you're prone to motion-sickness, I'd recommend the same; there were some rocking-boat sequences that would likely have been pretty nauseating in 3D.

I read the book in high school, and I think the film was pretty loyal from what I can remember.

Quote:

***SPOILERS***
[Are there spoiler tags?]

He tells another version of the story, where instead of animals, there are people with him on the boat. Just as the animals do in the original story, the people kill each other, until only Pi remains. In this version, Richard Parker could be interpreted as representing Pi's inner-animal or his desire to survive. It is then revealed that the insurance investigators (to whom Pi is telling the story) chose to use the animal story as fact in their report. However, it is never revealed which version is the actual truth.

Further Commentary, with some minor book spoilers:

The movie makes it seem like you are supposed to believe the human version as the truth. That's how it seemed to me anyway. However, in the book, it is revealed that Meerkat bones are found on Pi's boat, lending credence to the animal version of the tale and making the "truth" more ambiguous.
cybersa
Mr_Howl wrote:
Saw the film, and was impressed. I just watched the flat 2D version though. If you're prone to motion-sickness, I'd recommend the same; there were some rocking-boat sequences that would likely have been pretty nauseating in 3D.

I read the book in high school, and I think the film was pretty loyal from what I can remember.

Quote:

***SPOILERS***
[Are there spoiler tags?]

He tells another version of the story, where instead of animals, there are people with him on the boat. Just as the animals do in the original story, the people kill each other, until only Pi remains. In this version, Richard Parker could be interpreted as representing Pi's inner-animal or his desire to survive. It is then revealed that the insurance investigators (to whom Pi is telling the story) chose to use the animal story as fact in their report. However, it is never revealed which version is the actual truth.

Further Commentary, with some minor book spoilers:

The movie makes it seem like you are supposed to believe the human version as the truth. That's how it seemed to me anyway. However, in the book, it is revealed that Meerkat bones are found on Pi's boat, lending credence to the animal version of the tale and making the "truth" more ambiguous.

Thanks bro!
Now I can able to understand.
_AVG_
Many people have told me that this is a very deep and philosophical movie. However I'm contemplating whether I should see it or not. Do you guys consider it too slow paced?
subhan1
cant wait to watch it - The Next Avatar is something they said Smile
Must watch it
teltacwor
I heard about that movie but still can't get a chance to watch that movie. I will surely watch that movie.