FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are people requesting free domains from Frihost?

saratdear
More of a question to Bondings, actually. Are free domain requests coming in?

Seems to me like if people posted threads saying how they got a domain it would bring more traffic to Frihost. I think the free domain craze that was there a couple of years ago has died down, but people still appreciate free stuff. Smile
rjraaz
I do not have much coins to apply for Domains. When will I get required coins and get Domain registered or renewed definitely will post about it here because I am not "Keep It Secret Man". Very Happy
cybersa
saratdear wrote:
More of a question to Bondings, actually. Are free domain requests coming in?

Seems to me like if people posted threads saying how they got a domain it would bring more traffic to Frihost. I think the free domain craze that was there a couple of years ago has died down, but people still appreciate free stuff. Smile

I got one domain and also got one renewal.
Wink
RosenCruz
The procedure and rules are simple to get a free domain from Frihost. No need for further explanation, imho
Ankhanu
I haven't; I've been paying for my domain for year, and don't plan to change it Razz
rjraaz
Ankhanu wrote:
I haven't; I've been paying for my domain for year, and don't plan to change it Razz

How much did you pay for it?
Ankhanu
About $12/year through goDaddy.
andro_king
I am waiting to get mine Smile
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
Seems to me like if people posted threads saying how they got a domain it would bring more traffic to Frihost

Please answer this does frihost wants more users?
Insanity
Given the past outrage over GoDaddy's stance on Internet neutrality and things like that, would it be possible to change the domain hosting company on the gift certificate?
twotrophy
Insanity wrote:
Given the past outrage over GoDaddy's stance on Internet neutrality and things like that, would it be possible to change the domain hosting company on the gift certificate?

After some research, I found out that GoDaddy seemed to support SOPA. It has been months before Barrack Obama vetoed SOPA but GoDaddy could potentially support future bills similar to it. I agree, to protect Internet freedom, Frihost should switch domain name registrars. I believe that access to free information is a human right.
Ghost Rider103
In short, yes.

There are quite a few people who have purchased a domain name with coins via Frihost. Not sure if the number is something Bondings is willing to display publicly, so I won't comment on that. However I will tell you, that even now there are a few people who have recently put in a request for a free domain are are awaiting response.

Quote:
Seems to me like if people posted threads saying how they got a domain it would bring more traffic to Frihost.

Perhaps it would, yes. However I think the amount of people requesting domains is quite high. Or rather, the amount of people who have requested a domain was higher than I originally thought it would be. I figured we wouldn't have all that many requests because getting 350 coins is no easy task. So overall I think Frihost is doing great. I'd welcome anyone to make a thread bragging about there domain. It's certainly not needed though.
rx9876
I think he is right.
A tutorial post with screenshots will be more attractive then a plain text rule description page,
since we all know most people do not read the rule pages.
There are many posts of payment proof in the forums discussing ad networks, so I think it might be OK to post domain coupon proof in frihost forum.
standready
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
Ithat even now there are a few people who have recently put in a request for a free domain are are awaiting response..

I put in a renewal request Thursday? I think it was.

As for more traffic to Frihost, while Bondings does not require it, I think it would be appreciated if members would put a link to Frihost on their website.
GuidanceReader
I pay for my domain with namecheap. I might consider using frihost if I ever get up enough coins, but currently namecheap is cheap enough I don't worry about it. I paid about $10 for a year.
grofet
i dont need free domains since i have a lot of domains paid regularly. i just need a free host that can run litecommerce cms for free until it grow and reach the frihost cpu or memory resource limitation.
coolclay
I am not sure how many people actually have enough coins for the purpose. But I guess that is on purpose domain names are not cheap! I'll definitely look up the namecheap site that sounds like a good price!
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
I'll definitely look up the namecheap site that sounds like a good price!

i belive they are only valid to godady