FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What's the matter with notfication of reply on frihost

linux1993
Several months ago, if someone replied to my post on frihost, I can't receive any email to notify me that I have to read the correspondences. By the way, I usually visit www.frihost.com via Wallproxy Plus, a Chinese proxy software that let's go through the Great Wall of China. I'm not sure whether it has something to do with wallproxy plus?
Aredon
linux1993 wrote:
Several months ago, if someone replied to my post on frihost, I can't receive any email to notify me that I have to read the correspondences. By the way, I usually visit www.frihost.com via Wallproxy Plus, a Chinese proxy software that let's go through the Great Wall of China. I'm not sure whether it has something to do with wallproxy plus?
it shouldn't unless your request to get notifications didn't go through. There may be an issue with the the mail server if you can confirm that the setting is in the "on" mode. You should have this post moved to support.
standready
Most likely notification did not make it's way back through the proxy. I suggest you try it again to find out.
Aredon
standready wrote:
Most likely notification did not make it's way back through the proxy. I suggest you try it again to find out.

The only way that would happen is if the email was traveling through the proxy. Which it shouldn't be.
chasbeen
I have been a member since 2006
I lost my notification of reply years ago and I don't live
There
I don't think that is necessarily the reason therefore
inuyasha
Just put frihost.com into your white list and it will work. Gmail as well as other mail services like Tencent seems to recognize frihost.com as a spam mail server recently.

Mails won't go back through any proxy but just send mails to mail servers instead of us, and mails and webpages are in different protocols. It has nothing to do with WallProxy~