FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you find a job?

cooky24
There are many ways to find a job, newspapers, webs , TV and so on, then whcih way is yours? i always find jobs online.
D'Artagnan
cooky24 wrote:
There are many ways to find a job, newspapers, webs , TV and so on, then whcih way is yours? i always find jobs online.

what about hiring agencies?
Magicman
Sometimes you get lucky and jobs find you. I got my current job by posting my resume online. Someone at the company found it and contacted me to come in for an interview. Oddly I've had more luck getting interviews when companies found me than when I applied to jobs myself.
standready
If you are a professional - networking is a must. I network with former employers, past co-workers and others doing the type work (engineering).
mshafiq
I applied for numerous employment opportunities and sent of letters.

I attended lot of interviews, telephone interviews and others.but hardly i got responses from some companies. However, some businesses simply didn't respond at all.

Finally after long effort of hunting, and lots of moral support from family, I am now employed in a small but good company.

My advises for anyone thinking of looking for employment
Do not give up - something will turn up eventually.Apply for as many jobs as possible. Determination's the key.
Try to get some work experience in the field you want to work in. Employers want to see experience as well as qualifications.
One very important believe in yourself.you know yourself what ability do you have
Apply as many jobs as you want

Good Luck
distrowarvor
Usually, I find my jobs on internet but I also look at the jobs of the previous students of my university. It can gives me some idea where to look for.
badai
how about we tell how we get our jobs

before i got my degree, while on school break or long college break, i work at few places. usually i just go there to ask if there is any vacancy. i can't even recall how many places i have work. started at tea plantation, then plastic factory, waiter in a pub, delifrance, KFC, electronic shop..... maybe more than 10 places.

my first job after i got my degree, i found an ad pasted beside ATM machine and i just call the number

my second job i got direct offer from the client of my first employer. talk about back stabbing.

my third job i got from ad in newspaper

my current job, i currently work with a friend. he just told me he need me to work with him. since i already knew him for 24 years, it's kind of hard to decline. my best job ever. the pay is not so good, but it's like working as i own the company.

my next job which i will start next week i got from employment website.

wish me luck for my new job.
bukaida
You may find thousands of jobs through various job sites. However a reference from the friend circle is always a good way to find a job. In that case you can be aware of all the pros and cons of the job and organization before applying for it.
mukesh
bukaida wrote:
You may find thousands of jobs through various job sites. However a reference from the friend circle is always a good way to find a job. In that case you can be aware of all the pros and cons of the job and organization before applying for it.

Yes, I also like this way.
12phabie
cooky24 wrote:

networking, networking, and again and again. I mean don't be ashamed that you don't have a job or shy to let people that you are looking for a job. if you don't let people know about your situation and that you are an open canvas than you will not get any help. but the minute you let people in, they will actually put a good word for you at their job, I mean who knows. that's how I got my job. I talked to a friend who know another friend who knows somebody who works at the café that I waitress at now so now I have a job because I opened my mouth to tell someone I was in need of a job.
carpim4
cooky24 wrote:

also think that the best way to find a job today is online
lemonedia
Referral is probably still the no.1 way to get a job. Like, my friend's work is canning a dude, and he's the go-to guy for new hires. So, when this one guy gets the boot, chances are high I'll be taking his place simply because we've talked about it and he'll be mentioning me to his employer.
Nick2008
I was given an interview just by physically coming in and asking about the status of my job application. I was hired on the spot. The most important element is initiative - you have to show that you are truly interested in getting that one job, rather than just applying to 20 or 30 and not doing anything after that.
deanhills
Nick2008 wrote:
I was given an interview just by physically coming in and asking about the status of my job application. I was hired on the spot. The most important element is initiative - you have to show that you are truly interested in getting that one job, rather than just applying to 20 or 30 and not doing anything after that.
That sounds awesome. How did the job turn out? Probably good. I find the spontaneous appointments always work the best.
BigGeek
Web all the way.

In 2011 when I was unemployed for 2 months, the day I got laid off I updated the resume and put it online at Monster, career builder, Clearance Jobs, and a few other sites, started searching on indeed.com and a few other sites. I would spend from 8 in the morning until noon or later applying for every job in my field posted that day. Spent 2 hours a day applying at government and city and state websites for jobs, and would take any call throughout the day about any job I applied for. Set up interviews and make them. I was laid off on January 14th and was employed again on March 29th of that year. 2 1/2 months on unemployment before I found another job.

The nice thing about the web is that it allows you to access just about any job in the country in your field and allows you a huge number of resources like linkedin, Google and others.

I say web all the way especially if you are in the IT Industry!!
coolclay
I think using your connections is often far better than using the internet. Go to conferences, talk to friends in the business, ask around. Personal contacts will get you a job way faster than applying to a hundred online job postings.
Qantas94Heavy
coolclay wrote:
I think using your connections is often far better than using the internet. Go to conferences, talk to friends in the business, ask around. Personal contacts will get you a job way faster than applying to a hundred online job postings.

Not only that, they'll be able to vouch for you, especially if you don't have much experience in the business.
RoylanM
I find work online, I'm very good at that for sure.
playfungames
I think that looking at those large job sites online and in newspapers is the best way to find jobs. Also, I have seen people building their profiles at LinkedIn. Using the profile they create some big contacts and land themselves into interviews.
joetruong
Craigslist or on the city's website.
mshafiq
As like other people i tried to search online,agencies,and other
After a long time of search i got job.but really it is very hard period.But be Passion at last every one will get job.
RoylanM
I actually get some jobs posting my hiring ads on online communities, it proves successful.
Nick2008
Online, in the classifieds section of the newspaper, or in-person if a place has a hiring sign up. The chances of getting a job increase if you utilize more methods.
Deline
I search for jobs on the internet too. But I also like to look for the companies I like and send the resume directly to the HR.
msfarsa
I find my job through newspapers. Very Happy Smile
markharris
Yes , I also search online
mshafiq
I started looking job online as our friends and other people suggest.Daily i spent a much time as i can.I had few interviews and phone calls.I found job not in my field but little bit relevant to my field.but i am not satisfied.i started continued and i saw advertisement about some programs and my friend also suggested me to go there.I get some information about program that they help people to find job and they send resume to relevant companies.So i joined them they teach at each and every step.After few months i was called by some automation company for interview.So i went there and i got job.Since that day i am so happy from my work and from my employer and the environment.I feel proud to work as i want to do.
hatori
I heard about my current job from some older brothers Smile They started to tell me about it when I was at 2nd year in my college Smile
nanuvem
Nowadays, in the social internet age, I would seriously recommend building a linkedin.com profile.

You can raise awareness on you skills also search for jobs directly on the companies you want.

Glassdoor.com can also you help you in this quest.
supermanlovejan
From newspaper, website.....