FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Linux Kubuntu

codersfriend
Hi there. Anyone tried Linux Kubuntu?
I'm planning to install it. I've tried booting it and it looks good. You can also customize your desktop modes.
Do you also use it?
thnn
It is my preferred linux distribution but purely because I much prefer KDE over Gnome/Unity. Unfortunately it can be a bit buggy and do weird things graphically sometimes, but otherwise it's really nice.

One problem that you may run into is a lot of software is written for GTK not Qt, so you may find things not looking quite like they should, but there are ways around that.
darthrevan
Yeah I have used it a little but it isn't my favorite distro of course. Currently my favorites are Sabayon and Debian(or based)
90dota
I have tried Linux Ubuntu...
It's seems that there, are a lot of ubuntuer around the world. Twisted Evil
johans
codersfriend wrote:
Hi there. Anyone tried Linux Kubuntu?
I'm planning to install it. I've tried booting it and it looks good. You can also customize your desktop modes.
Do you also use it?

I have not tried it yet. i am planning to take more special lessons in linux and try more linux softwares...
metalfreek
I have tried it once about 2 years ago and I didn't like it much. As someone already mentioned, it turned out to be buggy for me. I am using Ubuntu now and I am totally satisfied with it.
RosenCruz
Will try to install it with a FLash drive to my Netbook.
honken
Fav Linux distro for me is Gentoo, but i more or less like to use linux as servers.
If Desktop then i choose Debian or Gentoo, only problem with gentoo is that it compiles all application that you install, so if the computer is a bit slow, then it can take many hours before Xorg is compiled and ready to use.

But the rewards you get doing this is a system compiled after the exact hardware in the computer, and Gentoo is made to feel like Freebsd if im not misstaken, so you get the owners group for root "wheel" like in BSD systems that i like.

In debian, since i have installed it like a million time i can install it from scratch and have it upp in like 30min. Then its only the tweaking left.

Terminal ftw! Smile