FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Coin Rewards to the tutorials forum

zaxacongrejo
I believe people should be reward in coins for their tuts like in the other forums what do you think?
Ghost Rider103
A lot of people were just copy/pasting tutorials for the tutorial forum. Which is fine as long as they are using quote tags.

Sense most tutorials were not original content, there is really no reason in rewarding them with coins.

I believe that is why points were disabled in that forum back in the day. I could be wrong, that was a long time ago. Times have changed so postings could have in there as well. However I'd assume most people are still doing the same thing. I'm kind of in favor of shutting down the Tutorials section to be honest. That probably won't happen though. Smile
zaxacongrejo
im not talking about copy pasted
you can rewrite a tut is not yours right
but you rewrited her
andro_king
zaxacongrejo wrote:
I believe people should be reward in coins for their tuts like in the other forums what do you think?

Yes,every valid contribution should be rewarded.
But, If you post something in the tutorial.
You will not be reward in frihost.
I guess they have made it to avoid copy/ paste the tutorials from the other website,blogs,etc. in here just to earn points .
Still they might recognise the contributers personally and reward them for their contribution.
andro_king
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
A lot of people were just copy/pasting tutorials for the tutorial forum. Which is fine as long as they are using quote tags.

Sense most tutorials were not original content, there is really no reason in rewarding them with coins.

I believe that is why points were disabled in that forum back in the day. I could be wrong, that was a long time ago. Times have changed so postings could have in there as well. However I'd assume most people are still doing the same thing. I'm kind of in favor of shutting down the Tutorials section to be honest. That probably won't happen though. Smile

Shutting it down huh ?, Rolling Eyes Wink
Do you think bondings with support it ?, I don't think he will support it ?! Wink
Ghost Rider103
He probably would not support shutting it down, hence the reason I said it would probably never happen.

I'm just expressing my thoughts about it. I find it kind of useless as there is no specific category in which the tutorials are for. In other words, you could find tutorials for everything there. It would be slightly more useful if the tutorials were more specific, or at least broken down into sub forums for specific types of tutorials.

Either way, me saying I think it should be shut down isn't really relevant. I don't care if it's there, I just don't personally agree with it. I'm not suggesting a removal. Just throwing out my 2 cents.
andro_king
Ghost Rider103 wrote:
He probably would not support shutting it down, hence the reason I said it would probably never happen.

I'm just expressing my thoughts about it. I find it kind of useless as there is no specific category in which the tutorials are for. In other words, you could find tutorials for everything there. It would be slightly more useful if the tutorials were more specific, or at least broken down into sub forums for specific types of tutorials.

Either way, me saying I think it should be shut down isn't really relevant. I don't care if it's there, I just don't personally agree with it. I'm not suggesting a removal. Just throwing out my 2 cents.

Tutorial forum consist of lot of tutorials in it. It might be hard written or even it might be just copy pasted from other sites. But removing the whole section is not advicible , instead i agree with your idea of dividing them furthur into sub topics. But removing them will lose hardworks of people who have put their time to write those valuble tutorials to fellow frihosters !
And why do you suggest them to be removed ? Alright lets ask the mods to clean up those which were copied from other sites,will that be okay ?
RosenCruz
zaxacongrejo wrote:

a really cool idea.

I support !
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
It would be slightly more useful if the tutorials were more specific, or at least broken down into sub forums for specific types of tutorials

100% agreed, you know toturials are valuable content for us frihosters and autosiders,
when im looking for a tut i do care with the content, not with the creator of the tut.
also organisation as never done bad to anyone, shutting it down will lead people for look for content in other places
RosenCruz
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

I was about to say the same thing. Copy / paste tutorials should not be rewarded Twisted Evil
twotrophy
I think points should be awarded for original tutorials. Awarding coins for tutorials would be too much because it would make it easier to get a free top-level domain name which costs money. Note that people can just donate coins to people who created good and useful tutorials.
Ghost Rider103
andro_king wrote:
Ghost Rider103 wrote:

Tutorial forum consist of lot of tutorials in it. It might be hard written or even it might be just copy pasted from other sites. But removing the whole section is not advicible , instead i agree with your idea of dividing them furthur into sub topics. But removing them will lose hardworks of people who have put their time to write those valuble tutorials to fellow frihosters !
And why do you suggest them to be removed ? Alright lets ask the mods to clean up those which were copied from other sites,will that be okay ?

I don't think all the actual tutorials/threads should be removed. Instead they should just be dumped into existing forum categories. For example, a Photoshop tutorial should be thrown into the Design Tips forum. This would take a few days to sort out, but we have a few staff members that can help out in doing so. However I'm still not even suggesting this, so I don't really feel the need to discuss it in much detail...

I say the tutorial section should be removed because it doesn't have much activity and it is largely copy/paste tutorials. This will probably never happen, so I'm not going to discuss it much more. If Bondings brings up one day about removing the section, then perhaps I will throw more thoughts into the matter about how to do it and how to clean it up. For now, there is no reason to even think about discussing it. I regret saying it. Rolling Eyes