FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Brazilian marriage scam

Da Rossa
Hi, I was looking for information about the "Black Friday", which turned out to be "Black Fraud" here in Brazil, since there were no actual discounts on e-commerce.

Crossing these two worlds on Google, "fraud" and "Brazilian", I ended up in this youtube video:

As you can see, it is an ordinary american man narrating that he's been to Brazil, met a decent looking brazilian "model", then they got on a date. Eventually, but quickly, they made plans to move together to the US. They did, and got married just after.

Then the truth is revealed: the girl was only after the Green Card. He finds out she already had a boyfriend here in Brazil.

So, the man is pissed, for a very aplicable reason, but then the prejudice: look at the video's title. "Brazilian" scam. But, like someone at the comments in there said, Brazil has not the monopoly of marriage fraud. This is about all third-world country (Brazil included, but not limited to) residents who want to take chances on making the American Dream for themselves.

The question: have you ever met anyone "suspect", too good to be true? (Yes, brazilian women are wonderful, not all but they are).

The message to Americans: please, be reasonable. This almost sounded like a seed of prejudice against a country you don't traditionally hold a grudge against. I'm really sorry for that guy, but come on! He got played by a con artist! Doesn't mean we're all into the "advantage quest".[/youtube][youtube][/youtube]
zaxacongrejo
South American countries suffer a lot from scamming they use to do that also in Europe
And with football players also, they get married so they can get nationality and enter to the
National teams of those country’s

Quote:
The question: have you ever met anyone "suspect", too good to be true? (Yes, brazilian women are wonderful, not all but they are).

Like In all country’s there are good and bad people

Quote:
The message to Americans:

You may want to include
Portugal
Spain
France
Italia
Germany
deanhills
Da Rossa wrote:
The message to Americans: please, be reasonable. This almost sounded like a seed of prejudice against a country you don't traditionally hold a grudge against. I'm really sorry for that guy, but come on! He got played by a con artist! Doesn't mean we're all into the "advantage quest".[/youtube][youtube][/youtube]
Guess love can make fools of all of us. Reason and logic just go right out the window.
wellerchap
It's just one more way of impoverished people getting a leg up in life - they look for an idiot whose brains are in his trousers, "fall in love" with him, then before you know it it's too late.....it's time the authorities had the power to say "OK dumbass, you brought this girl here under false pretences, but you're now half Brazilian because you married her...so we'll deport the two of you to Rio".
May seem a bit right wing, but it may also just half the problem overnight.
andro_king
deanhills wrote:
Guess love can make fools of all of us. Reason and logic just go right out the window.

I wish there was a like button to like this comment Smile :p
deanhills
andro_king wrote:
deanhills wrote:

I wish there was a like button to like this comment Smile :p
Thanks Andro! Cool
zaxacongrejo
lol
Quote:
but you're now half Brazilian because you married her...so we'll deport the two of you to Rio".

You are so right loll, but others will soon be around to replace them it’s a cultural thing

Quote:

You are also right in the end we all fall in love sometimes, and we can easily lose control
D'Artagnan
i'm sort of sorry for this guy, he looks so simple minded, he failed to see the clear intentions of the girl and then he fails to see how this is not a problem of nationality but of humanity...
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
is not a problem of nationality but of humanity...

this is more a problem of need "money"

When country’s often don’t respect their people and let them parked in poverty
This, and much more complex an dangerous things, is what happens
that guy is just one more dumb gringo/camone to stole
You may want to join
Fake Money
Kidnappings
Prostitution
rob banks
etc