FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

why not a friends list?

zaxacongrejo
Hi and
And the usual functions
Ad as a friend
Block
Remove as a friend
And if we are asking why not to dream a little and ask for built in IM system? In my opinion a friends list will leads us to develop kind of cyber friendships witch are good to the forum, and for us all ,and an easy and faster way to interact between users could lead to more users online and for longer periods
milkshake01
Yes, that is a good idea. It would help us make friends using Frihost.
zaxacongrejo
eventualy geting more involved and participant , but you know,only newbies like us agree so i guess is not such a good ideia
Peterssidan
I guess it would make it easier to find the user page of the user's you have as friends but to be honest I have never had a problem with this.

If the list is public I can see it growing larger and larger until it is completely useless because you can't say no when someone asks you to be their friend or otherwise they will think you don't like them. You can't remove users from the list because they would wonder what he has done wrong to lose you as his friend.

You can always keep a list of "friends" on your own, in the blog or on a piece of paper.
zaxacongrejo
hi

Quote:
because you can't say no when someone asks you to be their friend

No sorry I believe you are wrong you see just accepting everyone its a noob attitude
Yes it can happen for people like me but thats a question of time till noobs grow
a freinds list will give us the ability to contact and interact faster and esear.

Quote:
You can't remove users from the list because they would wonder what he has done wrong to lose you as his friend.

Yes you are right maybe the first 5 them you dont wonder anymore thing are like they are we are free to choose

Quote:
You can always keep a list of "friends" on your own, in the blog or on a piece of paper.

Not practice and almost impossible, you will forget about it, lose it, accidentally delete etc
sonam
I don't think this is good idea. I don't like it. The first Frihost forum is community what mean anyone here is welcome as long he/she following Frihost rules. Starting of creating friends clans (I am sure after few month this will happen) will ruin community. Even more the new members will be too confused who is good and who i bad friend.

Sonam
zaxacongrejo
hm
Quote:
Starting of creating friends clans (I am sure after few month this will happen)

Dint thought on that before, yes agreed it may tend to enclose instead of encourage
Im new to forums this is the first one I participate
sonam
zaxacongrejo wrote:
hm
Quote:
Starting of creating friends clans (I am sure after few month this will happen)

Dint thought on that before, yes agreed it may tend to enclose instead of encourage
Im new to forums this is the first one I participate

Don't worry everyone here can suggest, support or disagree with some suggestion. Smile

Sonam
ocalhoun
Peterssidan wrote:

If the list is public I can see it growing larger and larger until it is completely useless because you can't say no when someone asks you to be their friend or otherwise they will think you don't like them. You can't remove users from the list because they would wonder what he has done wrong to lose you as his friend.

Well, if it was done, (which I would prefer it not be: I would never use a freinds/foes list), I'd say do it phpbb3 style:
When you add a friend/foe, it simply adds that person to your list -- nobody else is notified of it, nobody else can see your list. Same with removing it.
jamesparker
I disagree Smile Because i don't want to make friends public.
Extreme-Codes
having an option to either allow others to send a friend invite or not, if so then a friend accepts invite then the other friend can see them online and what topic section they are browsing , just an idea