FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Do you ever feel you were supposed to be in a certain place?

chasbeen
At a certain time?

It may not be a religious thing, it may be the way things work.
It may be you have to complete certain tasks before you finish that stage of your life?
I am a statistical type of person and tend to note things which are often referred to as coincidence.
If you work hard and tried your best forget the anguish of failure, you were probably not meant to succeed.
Give it time, you will succeed and reach your objective.
If and when you are supposed to.

Do you think a lot of your achievements have already been pre-determined?
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
Do you ever feel you were supposed to be in a certain place?

Every days after waking up
Quote:
It may be you have to complete certain tasks before you finish that stage of your life?

Human live stages I guess we are talking about biology a pre-determined by the planet, species
, surroundings, no matter what you do, or better said what you didnít do in this case
Your development will never stop, you and all of we will always be Juvenal, adult/mature, and senior but some say this is about to change because of staminal cells etc. (bla bla bla ,buy one more dose maybe that works.. ha ha  ) which I doubt, at least Iím pretty sure of one thing I will never see something like that in my life time.
But I guess you are referring to human behavior stages of development, most of the time those stages are exactly that ,you will have to complete certain tasks/status/agreements to pass to next stage that can be observed in marriage for example, the passage of girls from juvenal to adult/ mature, and so many example I can give you that you already know

Quote:
I am a statistical type of person and tend to note things which are often referred to as coincidence.

Thatís another subject a tends to change dependent of the perspective you want to see it
In my opinion being a statistical type of person is good you are able to better plan your life
Let me suggest you a few topics if you donít know them already
Six degrees of separation theory
Can be found at [url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_degrees_of_separation [/url]
Multiverse also known as the parallel universes theory
Can be found at [url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiverse [/url]
Fractal mathís and patterns
Can be found at [url] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractal [/url]
deanhills
chasbeen wrote:
Do you think a lot of your achievements have already been pre-determined?
I should, because I am religious, however I don't. I think my achievements are directly related to the effort I put in them, not only in my preparation or being gifted or otherwise, but how I channel my thoughts towards realizing those achievements. If someone is extremely self-confident for example, and has a 110% confidence in his/her own ability he/she probably stands a better chance for realizing his/her achievements than someone who is doubting him/herself. By channeling ourselves positively, particularly through connection with others and our environment, we're more or less creating our own pre-determination. If there is anything nagging that we should be somewhere else, it must be our sub-conscious talking to us. I.e. part of our self-knowledge is sub-conscious and knows where we have to be in order to realize our achievements.
chasbeen
Zax is a little nearer than you Dh
I have been in certain places when I am called on to give help
I can't go into any more detail but I find myself inmthese places and cannot leave until I have finished the job,
The odds seem huge...
zaxacongrejo
Quote:
I find myself inmthese places and cannot leave until I have finished the job

Duty is duty you knew that already before sign the papers this is what I understand from your second post sorry if Iím wrong .maybe you just donít realize how lucky you are.
There are only 2 ways to face this situations and both have different endings
First way you keep focus, you maintain calm, and keep moving = success got it?
Second you keep thinking in that kind of stuff you lose focus you return home in bag

In those situations you are just a part of the machine so in my opinion you canít afford to lose the focus or others will return in bag for you
wellerchap
Very often, in the morning over breakfast, as I'm trying to tot up Frihost points, I think think to myself - wellerchap, you really should be at work now!
deanhills
wellerchap wrote:
Very often, in the morning over breakfast, as I'm trying to tot up Frihost points, I think think to myself - wellerchap, you really should be at work now!
I can just picture it ...... lol Laughing
TheLimey
I feel it may not be "you are in the destination because your needed there" I feel it is more that there are thing for you to do in the places you are. It may "feel" we are in places for a purpose but all it is really is we have purposes in the places we reside. No matter where you choose to go or live, there will always be opportunities for you.
_AVG_
My opinion goes as follows:

It depends on what you mean by "pre-determined". If you fatalistically mean "something that has been written down earlier independent of human effort" then this is incorrect. Can you drink a glass of water without making effort? If it is pre-determined that you will enjoy that water then the glass will float up to your mouth and the water will flow inside automatically. Clearly this is absurd and does not happen. So human effort must factor in as a cause of your achievements. Nevertheless, there is some "potential" that is pre-determined i.e. there was always the potential for you to succeed. It depends on your effort whether you realize that potential or not. A nice analogy is that of a well with water. If there is water or not is sort of pre-determined (like the potential). But you have to lower a bucket down into the well in order to use the water.