FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hosting ressources client adjustments

zaxacongrejo
This i just an idea
i donít even know if the vps software do this by themselves
but Iíve been thinking and by now i donít need so much space/resources for what Iím doing
Iím not saying I will not need them in the future just saying at the present I donít need so much.
Why not to have a kind of dragging bar were clients can adjust the assigned space/resources to them
This eventually will free assigned space/resources to other future clients
Iím not saying this could be something definitive, but instead it could be up to the client to decide and updated in daily or weekly basis
So clients will be free to restore or increase the assigned space/resources they had
Bondings
The resources you talk about are simply limits for the accounts like disk space limit and bandwidth limit, they themselves don't consume any resources.
zaxacongrejo
oh so they arenít really assigned to the client?
They are up to be assigned when that need come? Right?
The disks are shared by all clients, kind of disk cloud?
The values are just for client orientation right?
i donít know a lot about the other side of hosting providing thatís why i came up with this idea
Bondings
@zaxacongrejo, it's like the hard disk on your computer. It has a certain size, say 1TB, that can be filled with files. But the space is only taken when you create the files. A disk space limit simply means that you are allowed to create files for that amount of space. But the space is only taken if you create the files. The limit itself (and changing it) changes nothing to the server.
zaxacongrejo
Got it
i really have to setup one apache server one of this days ,just to play with, because i have a leak of knowledge on that subject and best way to fully understand itís to doing it ,with work and time, testing having trouble to solve, etc I will be able to understand better and avoid to ask silly questions:)
Thanks