FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


How many points does it take to get a free domain in 1 day?





milkshake01
I'm curious to find out how many points does it take to get a free domain in 1 day? Here is an equation which I am unable to solve:

Key:x=points

x^0.6=350 coins

Can anyone solve this equation to figure out? I'll give a 4 coins to the first person that answers it.
zaxacongrejo
thats impossible im new to frihost but from what ive seen
you can do max something arround 100 points a day and you will earn arround 10 coins only
a probably get warned and banned lol so my guess is that the best is dont even try
andro_king
milkshake01 wrote:
I'm curious to find out how many points does it take to get a free domain in 1 day? Here is an equation which I am unable to solve:

Key:x=points

x^0.6=350 coins

Can anyone solve this equation to figure out? I'll give a coin to the first person that answers it.


I don't thing it will be possible to get a domain in a single day ?
Anyway,if anyone finds a solution for this question let me know it then.

Edit:
Here is the answer.

17380^0.6 = 349.969231

do you thing you are going to get this in a single day ?
zaxacongrejo
lol 17380 its a lot of points, so posting only with the goal of get a free domain its insane when you can buy them at 3$ check the domains forum today someone posted updated godady cupons 2.95$ one year.
in my opinion but this can be different from country to country it is counter-productive because even
if you had the chance to get the perfect timing and have all moderators in a kind of coma once they wake up again you will be banned in a blink of an eye, and more to reach the 17380 in 24 hours which i believe is impossible, we are talking about 24 hours of work so let’s do some math’s
We have a 24 hours period to earn 3$ which if my math’s are accurate around 14 cents an hour
Are mentally ready for earn 14 an hour? Smile With almost the certain ban over your head?
Fallow my advice doesn’t try if you really need the host you will be wasting your time and the time of a couple of persons trying to ban you and clean your posts if frihost doesn’t have a kind of surveillance system that probably have.
andro_king
zaxacongrejo wrote:
lol 17380 its a lot of points, so posting only with the goal of get a free domain its insane when you can buy them at 3$ check the domains forum today someone posted updated godady cupons 2.95$ one year.
in my opinion but this can be different from country to country it is counter-productive because even
if you had the chance to get the perfect timing and have all moderators in a kind of coma once they wake up again you will be banned in a blink of an eye, and more to reach the 17380 in 24 hours which i believe is impossible, we are talking about 24 hours of work so let’s do some math’s
We have a 24 hours period to earn 3$ which if my math’s are accurate around 14 cents an hour
Are mentally ready for earn 14 an hour? Smile With almost the certain ban over your head?
Fallow my advice doesn’t try if you really need the host you will be wasting your time and the time of a couple of persons trying to ban you and clean your posts if frihost doesn’t have a kind of surveillance system that probably have.


Yes,i agree you cannot do it in a single day.
I suggest you to post few posts everyday,so you can get to 350 coins in few months.
milkshake01
Thanks Mr. Andro_King for answering the question. I gave you 4 coins.
andro_king
milkshake01 wrote:
Thanks Mr. Andro_King for answering the question. I gave you 4 coins.


Thank you milkshake01 Smile
Peterssidan
The points -> coins formula is designed to encourage that you split the posts over many days.

I wrote a C++ program that can calculate how many points you need to get a free domain in x days.
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>

const double DOMAIN_PRICE = 350;

int main()
{
   int days;
   std::cout << "In how many days do you want to get a domain?\n";
   if (!(std::cin >> days) || days <= 0)
   {
      std::cout << "Error: Number of days not valid!\n";
      return 0;
   }
   
   double points_min = 0;
   double points_max = 1e6;
   
   while (points_max - points_min > 1e-10)
   {
      double points = (points_min + points_max) / 2;
      double coins = days * std::pow(points, 0.6);
      if (coins > DOMAIN_PRICE)
      {
         points_max = points;
      }
      else
      {
         points_min = points;
      }
   }
   
   std::cout << "You need " << points_max << " points per day (" << (days * points_max)
             << " points in total) to get a free domain in " << days << " days.\n";
}


To get a free domain in a week you just need to make 4750 points in total (679 points per day). To get a free domain in a month you need 1800 points in total (60 points per day) and in a whole year you need less than 1 point per day.
andro_king
Peterssidan wrote:
The points -> coins formula is designed to encourage that you split the posts over many days.

I wrote a C++ program that can calculate how many points you need to get a free domain in x days.
Code:
#include <iostream>
#include <cmath>

const double DOMAIN_PRICE = 350;

int main()
{
   int days;
   std::cout << "In how many days do you want to get a domain?\n";
   if (!(std::cin >> days) || days <= 0)
   {
      std::cout << "Error: Number of days not valid!\n";
      return 0;
   }
   
   double points_min = 0;
   double points_max = 1e6;
   
   while (points_max - points_min > 1e-10)
   {
      double points = (points_min + points_max) / 2;
      double coins = days * std::pow(points, 0.6);
      if (coins > DOMAIN_PRICE)
      {
         points_max = points;
      }
      else
      {
         points_min = points;
      }
   }
   
   std::cout << "You need " << points_max << " points per day (" << (days * points_max)
             << " points in total) to get a free domain in " << days << " days.\n";
}


To get a free domain in a week you just need to make 4750 points in total (679 points per day). To get a free domain in a month you need 1800 points in total (60 points per day) and in a whole year you need less than 1 point per day.


Just 60 points or 60+45points (the basic points always required).
That will make a total of 105 points a day.
Am i correct ?
Peterssidan
No, you don't need to make an extra 45 points every day. When you have above 45 points they are reset to 45 at the end of the day so you will not have to start from 0 each day. The program assumes you already have 45 points when you start.
andro_king
Peterssidan wrote:
No, you don't need to make an extra 45 points every day. When you have above 45 points they are reset to 45 at the end of the day so you will not have to start from 0 each day. The program assumes you already have 45 points when you start.


Yes the program might assume so but the user should be clear right ?
What if he stops after scoring 60 points instead of 105 points on a total ?
milkshake01
I think this topic has to be moved. Even if it has something to do with Math, it is more appropriate to move it to the General posts section.
Peterssidan
andro_king wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
No, you don't need to make an extra 45 points every day. When you have above 45 points they are reset to 45 at the end of the day so you will not have to start from 0 each day. The program assumes you already have 45 points when you start.

Yes the program might assume so but the user should be clear right ?
What if he stops after scoring 60 points instead of 105 points on a total ?

To have to earn the smallest amount of points you should make all the posts to reach 45 in the first day in addition to the daily number of posts. So if you have 0 points and wants to get a free domain in a month you would have to make 105 points the first day and 60 points the rest of the days.

If you want to earn the same amount of points each day it becomes much more complicated and the total number of points needed would be higher.
andro_king
Peterssidan wrote:
andro_king wrote:
Peterssidan wrote:
No, you don't need to make an extra 45 points every day. When you have above 45 points they are reset to 45 at the end of the day so you will not have to start from 0 each day. The program assumes you already have 45 points when you start.

Yes the program might assume so but the user should be clear right ?
What if he stops after scoring 60 points instead of 105 points on a total ?

To have to earn the smallest amount of points you should make all the posts to reach 45 in the first day in addition to the daily number of posts. So if you have 0 points and wants to get a free domain in a month you would have to make 105 points the first day and 60 points the rest of the days.

If you want to earn the same amount of points each day it becomes much more complicated and the total number of points needed would be higher.



This is what i was trying to tell.
Now its clear to everyone.
Thanks.
milkshake01
Thank you all for your help.
Peterssidan
I just realized that my calculations assume the user has no hosting account. If the user is hosted he will have to make one extra point each day.
andro_king
So why not a new set of coding again ?, Wink
shashwatblack
17380 points Sad
____________________________________________________________________________



MOD - Spam link removed. Please review The Forum Rules and the Frihost FAQ
-Ankhanu
Arrogant
To be exact, on a higher precision it would be like
17382.546796637201664001313877744
But may be that's impossible
abhinavm24
that's insane. Very Happy
those numbers just troll the lolsters lookin for free domain name. phew. Shocked
Arrogant
Insane it is
copac23
I thought a free domain only took 10 points?
Related topics
Does anyone know where I could get a FREE domain name?
Where to get a free domain[fully functional]
Free Domain (com, net, org...) With No Advertisement
Getting a free domain at www.eurodns.com??
FREE Domain Names
Free Domain Name by ezyrewards
How many points?
How many Designers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
Points/Coins/FRIH$ FAQ
How many FRIH$ does it take for ......?
Free Domains absolutely-free-domain-names.com
Does anybody here get Free Domain using coins?
Stop the free domain offer or make it more difficult?
Please take a look at my free domain request
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Support and Web Hosting -> Frihost Support

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.